Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Comedy Nominations (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Comedy Nominations (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 478 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
AayaanUpadhyaya
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Since when Victor Garber was a predicted nominee lmao.

This post is irrelevant. Since when were Dev Patel and Adam Driver predicted nominees according to the odds?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I’m not even going to bother responding to this. Also what discussion from last week are you talking about and how is it entirely relevant here. If you would like to have a civil discussion with me so we can both resolve a potential miscommunication without clogging up the threads (I admit I am part of the blame for some of the clogging) then please do so. Otherwise don’t bring it up in the threads.

Never once have I said that Dustin Milligan was or should have been in the acting race for Guest.

And I’m sorry but I have no interest in resolving a miscommunication with someone who seems so determined to pick at others with zero self reflection. It’s exhausting. You’re out here clogging threads by tracking through other peoples comments to prove their ‘hypocrisy’ and then complaining that others who do the same to you are clogging. Come on now. Literally half the posts in this thread are yours.

Ducking out of this thread for a while because it’s getting too messy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Never once have I said that Dustin Milligan was or should have been in the acting race for Schitts. And I’m sorry but I have no interest in resolving a miscommunication with someone who seems so determined to pick at others with zero self reflection. It’s exhausting. You’re out here clogging threads by tracking through other peoples comments to prove their ‘hypocrisy’ and then complaining that others who do the same to you are clogging. Come on now.

I’m sorry I literally just admitted in my post that I admit that I have been responsible for some of the clogging up threads and have literally said I take the blame for it but sure convince yourself that I have no interest in self reflection?

I’m not going to even bother with this conversation anymore.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Jesse
    Topics:

some of the clogging

I have to laugh at “some“ lol

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Also cinematography is not judged by a panel. It literally is balloted.

The semifinalists are selected through a popular vote which then go through the panels to select the final set of nominees. There’s nothing more. You are reading way too much into it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I did this on the Drama side but decided to do it on the Comedy side too. I have created polls asking people “who should win” categories. Below are polls for all the Comedy categories (which will close on Monday 24 August). I’ve done these polls to see which contenders have passion/some sort of a rooting factor and how much of those:

COMEDY SERIES 

https://strawpoll.com/ghdyzw1fu

COMEDY ACTRESS

https://strawpoll.com/kxbq8fdgq

COMEDY ACTOR

https://strawpoll.com/9jjddpsho

COMEDY S. ACTRESS

https://strawpoll.com/vw6dx5aa5

COMEDY S. ACTOR

https://strawpoll.com/scuobbeaa/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Who do you guys have last in each of the Comedy categories? Here’s what I have last :

SERIES : The Komisnky Method (7th Dead to Me)
    ACTRESS : Linda Cardilleni (5th Christina Applegate)
    ACTOR : Michael Douglas (5th Don Cheadle)
    S. ACTRESS : Cecily Strong (7th Marin Hinkle)
    S. ACTOR : Andre Braugher (7th Kenan Thompson)
    WRITING : The Presidential Suite (6th Ghosts)
    DIRECTING : Marvelous Radio (6th The Great)
    G. ACTOR : Brad Pitt (5th Adam Driver)
    G. ACTRESS : Phoebe Waller-Bridge (5th Maya Rudolph (The Good Place))
    CASTING : Dead to Me (5th What We Do in the Shadows)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

The unnecessary essay. Annie doesn’t deserve to win.

The unnecessary rudeness. Annie does deserve to win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The unnecessary essay. Annie doesn’t deserve to win.

LMAO the rudeness and extremity of this. I mean everyone knows I’m rooting for Borstein to get this but Annie would be such a deserving winner too.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Alex would be a deserving winner for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but Annie Murphy would also be a deserving winner for Schitt’s Creek. I just can’t shake that Alex did not deserve the win in 2018 for season 1 over Betty Gilpin’s work in season 1 of GLOW. I was fine with Alex’s win last year.

I am rooting for Annie Murphy to take this. Annie has gone from the weakest link in my opinion to a strong player in Schitt’s Creek. Annie has taken a character that would be unlikable in the hands of most actresses and has infused nuances that make you care for this character.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I find it a bit odd that Dan Levy is now leading the supporting actor predictions on here. I love his work, but I think we’re starting to downplay Shalhboub’s chances too much. He repeated at SAG for a supporting performance, and unlike last time, we can’t pin this on vote splitting like the year before.

The way I see it, if Shalhboub could beat a universally adored performance like Bill Hader’s season 2 turn on Barry, then I think he should be ahead of Dan Levy, who most people agree isn’t exactly an incredible actor and is more of a writer (I actually think Levy himself has said something along these lines).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I find it a bit odd that Dan Levy is now leading the supporting actor predictions on here. I love his work, but I think we’re starting to downplay Shalhboub’s chances too much. He repeated at SAG for a supporting performance, and unlike last time, we can’t pin this on vote splitting like the year before. The way I see it, if Shalhboub could beat a universally adored performance like Bill Hader’s season 2 turn on Barry, then I think he should be ahead of Dan Levy, who most people agree isn’t exactly an incredible actor and is more of a writer (I actually think Levy himself has said something along these lines).

Couldn’t agree more. I think we’re neglecting to mention that supporting performances don’t often repeat too often and that the fact that he managed to beat Hader and Scott (the former of whom should have easily taken that win in a cakewalk). There’s also an argument to be made that Shalhoub is as much as an Emmy darling as Laura Linney and Regina King (I mean he has 4 Emmys!) and that he is so beloved that he managed to defeat Ray Romano for the final season of Everybody Loves Raymond where it won Series and the two supporting categories. Like Linney and King with the right performance and the right conditions he certainly can repeat and this year he has the performance (I mean even people I’ve talked too who hated Maisel this season said Borstein and Shalhoub were at the top of their games).

On a separate note whilst she isn’t winning I think Tracee Ellis Ross is far too low in the predictions centre. I have her fourth (I don’t see how she overcomes Brosnahan, Rae or O’Hara unless something dramatic happens) because  she has been EVERYWHERE. She’s been campaigning a hell of a lot and has a very strong narrative (she’s overdue, she went viral for her opinions on the lack of roles for Black women over 50 in Hollywood and there was a big outcry when her and Rae were dropped last year for an all white Lead Actress lineup). I mean she also just Mceed the DNC two days ago. If people think Billy Porter will benefit in part due to the reminder of voters he exists with his appearances in the media and Sandra Oh will benefit in part due to her viral comments on the lack of diversity behind the scenes in the UK and the US then there should be no reason to have Ross last (or dare I say even 5th) even if she isn’t winning.

I mean she also could very well have been 7th last time considering how Anderson got in and people thought Ross was in the top 3 in 2018.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

darcia carden is winning as farewell, the acting branch is always one season behind with the good place and she would be win competitive last year without previous nominations, so they’re making up with this year, borstein is not winning 3rd in a row, they always move on, the snl ones are non factors, same with hinkle, orji and murphy have zero prior nominations to build up momentum

But Carden also has zero prior nominations to build up momentum though…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Comedy Nominations (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.