Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 254 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Keep discussing in Part 2.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Lead actress in Drama will be a bloodbath next year with Colman and Linney fighting it for their last seasons. And they lose again to Zendaya. Hahahahahahaha.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

These winners are so amazing. O’Hara, Yahya, Uzo, Annie Murphy, ZENDEYAA, Jeremy Strong, Garner. The taste.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

60.87%… this is my weakest score but I expected worse so i’m good with it.

My favorite show WON DRAMA SERIES whew I always win! First Game of Thrones, now Succession… ugh my taste is impeccable haha

My favorite win is Jeremy Strong. I’ve been singing his praises since the very first season. He should’ve won for “Nobody Is Ever Missing”. Julia Garner was so obvious, I can’t stop thinking about the times most of you used to tell us Janet McTeer was a threat lmfaooooo

Billy Crudup also won! I love it when laid-back performances like that get recognized. He was the best part of The Morning Show and definitely gave the best performance. I hope his role is expanded next season.

And Zendaya… I didn’t predict her but I was pleasantly surprised.

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, there were way too many white Drama winners.  YUCK!

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

Honey, there were way too many white Drama winners. YUCK!

Please. Don’t.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Even as an Olivia Coleman stan, I am stoked to see Zendaya win! One of those “wait, that could happen?” moments I was really happy for her.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Loved Linney, Oh, and Aniston reaction to Zenday winning. They were genuinely happy.

I wonder why Colamn and Comer didn’t show up considering many nominees were from outside USA. Just for not being up all night?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think the wins for Mark Ruffalo, Billy Crudup and Zendaya are evidence once again that the series nomination isn’t the be-all and end-all. I saw people on the internet eliminating contenders strictly because they aren’t competing for a series nominee, which I always found such a strange concept. If someone can get in on their own strength, that’s much more impressive and telling than if they’re swept up. Conversely, just because you’re in the series frontrunner (Jeremy Irons, Sarah Snook etc.) doesn’t automatically tip you over the edge.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Honey, there were way too many white Drama winners. YUCK!

What is your problem jesus

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I should have been more smart when it came to lead actress. I knew Zendaya would be the surprise nominee when many doubted she would get the nod. I just did not see her winning. It should have been obvious that once Tom Pelphrey was snubbed, Linney was losing.

Julia Garner’s win was not a surprise to me. This may seem weird but it almost feels like her character needed to repeat in this category.

I was too focused on Succession when it came to S. Actor, that I forgot about everyone else.

I knew Jeremy would take Lead actor. POSSIBLE SPOILER His character being remorseful for the death of the boy me like him even more. He played the “scared of dad” role very well too.

Profile picture
    willum
    Topics:

What is your problem jesus

Ignore them, they’re like the Guest2018 of music forum

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Julia Garner’s win was not a surprise to me. This may seem weird but it almost feels like her character needed to repeat in this category.

Ruth Langmore is quickly becoming the equivalent to Tyrion Lannister. People love her — for good reason. Garner will win every year until someone really, really undeniable competes against her. I am so happy for her, because she brings so much to this show and this character, and she’s the reason why I started watching the show in the first place (that SAG clip from 2019).

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Loved Linney, Oh, and Aniston reaction to Zenday winning. They were genuinely happy. I wonder why Colamn and Comer didn’t show up considering many nominees were from outside USA. Just for not being up all night?

Jodie Comer said in an interview this week that she’s starting work on The Last Duel today after being off for six months so wouldn’t be able to make the show.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.