Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 254 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You can’t expect your faves to be given “their moment” when you turn around and bash someone else’s. It’s as simple as that; that’s my point. Either express dislike of other wins and accept people’s criticism of your faves, or don’t express dislike and complain about people’s criticism.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

You can’t expect your faves to be given “their moment” when you turn around and bash someone else’s. It’s as simple as that; that’s my point. Either express dislike of other wins and accept people’s criticism of your faves, or don’t express dislike and complain about people’s criticism.

I’m sure Dan Levy would have STILL had his moment without winning directing, Luca. Don’t try to come at me. Nicholas Braun had one effing nomination that people on GD couldn’t even let him enjoy. Levy had many opportunities to shine. Not similar, sorry.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

3 pages over Nicholas Braun lmao? I’m one of the people that were constantly complaining about Harington last year and this year about Schitt’s Creek winning Directing, so I understand the people who complain about Braun. It was certainly a coattail nom.

That said he wasn’t even the worst in that category.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Listen, guys, my best friend passed away a few years back and he was a huge bully target for being gay and it destroyed him. So I get defensive when it comes to bullying. I know I’m weird about the bullying on these forums which is why I’m choosing to leave. I do respect all of your opinions and wish you all the best. xoxo <3

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Disagreeing about how to approach criticism toward TV awards nominees is in no way bullying. The gifs that were directed at wolfali, that was certainly going in that direction, but the mild, harmless discussion we’re having here isn’t bullying. My heart goes out to your friend, truly, but I’m also gay, and I know what bullying feels like too, and it isn’t this, for sure. Please don’t even try to play that card.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Disagreeing about how to approach criticism toward TV awards nominees is in no way bullying. The gifs that were directed at wolfali, that was certainly going in that direction, but the mild, harmless discussion we’re having here isn’t bullying. My heart goes out to your friend, truly, but I’m also gay, and I know what bullying feels like too, and it isn’t this, for sure. Please don’t even try to play that card.

Luca, I wrote you a private message. <3

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Listen, guys, my best friend passed away a few years back and he was a huge bully target for being gay and it destroyed him. So I get defensive when it comes to bullying. I know I’m weird about the bullying on these forums which is why I’m choosing to leave. I do respect all of your opinions and wish you all the best. xoxo <3

Rachel, I am sorry to hear about your best friend. Bullying of all types is horrible, disgusting and potentially very harmful. I have seen a lot of bullying on this site and it gets terribly out of hand. I have said before that this site used to be a lot of fun and now there are certain threads that have become flat out awful.

I hope that some of these people are not like this in their day to day life. There is already a lot of hate in the world just because of someone’s skin color, sexual orientation, gender, etc. To turn around and then face bullying on a site like this does not make sense.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I hope that some of these people are not like this in their day to day life.

I am certain no one is. This is an internet forum. There’s also a difference between discussing and bullying 🙂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What do people think about the future winning chances of the vets in Lead Actress. I’m assuming if Colman delivers a performance and Netflix go all out on The Crown next year she’s probably winning and I assume Aniston is winning eventually for The Morning Show considering how much actors love her and how they probably still will be impressed by her dramatic chips on the show but I wonder about Linney and Oh. I see a scenario where Oh becomes the Peter O’Toole of the Emmys and never wins and I can see Linney end up being the new Keri Russell.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Stop bullying the guy. I know that’s hard for some of you since I know how much you love to bully people.

WTF? So you are allowed to have your opinion and diss others like Dan Levy when they win, but Luca is a bully for his opinion of Braun’s nomination? What is this hypocrisy?

You referring to a win and Luca referring to a nomination doesn’t validate your opinion any more than his. Or vice-versa. We are allowed to have opinions just like you. And those opinions are not bullying.

HA! So, I’m assuming you’re talking about me? Schitt’s winning directing was atrocious and I think a lot of people agree with me on that. But this board has some stupid grudge towards Braun even getting a damn nomination.

So when it’s something you don’t like, it’s an “atrocious win”. When it’s someone you like, it’s a “stupid grudge”.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I hope that some of these people are not like this in their day to day life.

As someone who was vehemently bullied in school for being gay, I can assure you this is not bullying. It’s actually insulting to see people constitute a discussion on double standards and hypocrisy on these threads as “bullying”. Like Luca said, people should be mindful before playing that card.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

As someone who was vehemently bullied in school for being gay, I can assure you this is not bullying. It’s actually insulting to see people constitute a discussion on double standards and hypocrisy on these threads as “bullying”. Like Luca said, people should be mindful before playing that card.

I am not trying to play any card. I am just sharing my thoughts on what I am observing. I am a black gay man and I have had people try to bully me, profile me, and tell me how I should feel about certain things such as no that’s not racist and no not that is not bullying among other things.

I am telling people how I feel based on what I observed. If you do not like it, then that is on you, but please do not tell me how I should feel. Thank you.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not talking about any conversation in particular but bullying is a BIG PROBLEM on this site. There are users who have threatened to assault other users on here who don’t get banned at the first instance. There are users who literally belittle other users on here. I mean there is a toxicity behind the word ‘delusional’ that we all (me included) seem to use on here a bit too much and what I don’t like is how after myself and other users such as estrelas and gabspss addressed this on the Oscars thread there were users who stated that we were trying to silence freedom of speech and police the forum.

I think what Gold Derby should do is create a terms of conduct for users. I’m not saying this to slam Gold Derby or slam users in particular or anything (as Luca said this as an online forum and things get out of hand sometimes) but a terms of conduct that each current user and new users sign when they join will make things MUCH easier. It would help create a safer space for users to talk and help users tone down their language if it gets a bit extreme because otherwise we see people attack users repeatedly on here or create threads and polls attacking other users and then they don’t get banned until things get too out of control.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I love how this forum went from “Fiona Shaw is the worst Emmy nominee ever” and “Killing Eve is mediocre” to “Fiona Shaw needs to win an Emmy” or “she is a LEGEND”. I mean I love Killing Eve and was one of the people who was wanting it to WIN Drama Series in 2019 but I love this shift.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

That’s because she actually had amazing material in season 3, and she delivered. She also seems like such a kind, gracious woman; her reaction to Julia’s win was one of the best moments of the night.

As for the other topic here, I take issue when disagreeing and/or discussing is equated with bullying. I don’t even know why bullying became a topic here. No one was doing that.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.