Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 254 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m sure Dan Levy would have STILL had his moment without winning directing, Luca. Don’t try to come at me. Nicholas Braun had one effing nomination that people on GD couldn’t even let him enjoy. Levy had many opportunities to shine. Not similar, sorry.

i mean… i’m sure braun isn’t losing sleep over people here lashing him lol. who cares honestly, he still got the nom.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

The fact that the ‘Fiona Shaw is the worst nominee’ became a discurse last year is weird, because that was obviously Sophie Turner.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As for the other topic here, I take issue when disagreeing and/or discussing is equated with bullying. I don’t even know why bullying became a topic here. No one was doing that.

In terms of the language used (I’m not talking about what happened on this thread) and incidents on these forums yes bullying does happen on here. The amount of times people mock people on here when they post claiming they are tainted with their biases etc, the amount of times people say that ideas they have or thoughts they have are in their heads and they are delusional, the times people can get away with posting threads like “which Goldderby members do you dislike” or when they literally attack users personally on threads that are about specific shows or the Emmys or Oscar races. I mean we all play a part in this one way or another without being careful about our language but there is no denying that in the wider context there is a LOT of bullying on this forum.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I am not trying to play any card.

I wasn’t talking about you.

If you do not like it, then that is on you, but please do not tell me how I should feel.

No one is telling you how to feel. But you can’t go around accusing someone of bullying and not expect them to respsond.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Fiona Shaw is one of those actors you can’t help but root for. She has a prolific body of work and should be recognized for it.

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fiona Shaw is one of those actors you can’t help but root for. She has a prolific body of work and should be recognized for it.

When she gets nominated over Saoirse Ronan for Ammonite and Sarah Paulson calls an ambulance after being robbed for Carol

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

A lot of this forum is people expressing their opinions, and I can’t act like I’m exempt considering how much I preached how undeserving GOT was last year, but we don’t need to make Braun vs Levy a thing. It’s a really stupid comparison and honestly who cares because they both have awards recognition and we stay talking on the internet.

But past that, its like, Schitt’s directing win wasn’t super deserved, but no need to spend this much energy rooting against a Canadian import with a microbudget that only became a phenomenon through organic word of mouth and it’s content being objectively funny and happy. I really don’t have an ounce of sympathy for the Palladinos with their 2017 Emmy haul and 300 billion dollar budget, and I’m also close to certain WWDITS will be having an Emmy run in the future, so have patience. This was Schitt’s 6th season after all, at least these other shows broke in early on.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree Tyler. People need to just stop this conversation here. Sure if we’re looking back and talking about “worst wins” or “nominations” in those kinds of threads that’s ok but we have spent a day talking about Levy and Braun and I mean wtf? Schitt’s Creek has ended now. It’s not coming back. People don’t need to complain about it doing well because it’s not like anyone will be rooting or voting for it next year. I was rooting more for Maisel and Insecure but so what that it won all those Emmys. I may have found one or two of them undeserving but moaning about it for hours and hours and days and days until the 73rd Emmys isn’t going to help anyone.

Same with Braun. I mean he got nominated but so what? Yes I know Hoster posted a snarky comment about Sophie Turner but it’s not like we’re having a civil war about it or like we did have one at the time. We just got on with it.

I mean in particular with Braun and Levy I feel like we’ve exhausted this conversation. Did people go on until after the 2019 Emmys how Richard Madden got snubbed and slant Kit Harrington? No because it was all done and dusted. When Maisel won over Atlanta did people go on for years and years about?  No because they were more interested in Veep returning. We should perhaps look to the past for inspiration on how to move on from this.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s funny that someone who bullies other people outside GD would play the bully card here. The lack of self-awareness is too much sometimes.

I don’t understand this?

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

getting rid of racists on gd one user at a time! goodbye karen!

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

When she gets nominated over Saoirse Ronan for Ammonite and Sarah Paulson calls an ambulance after being robbed for Carol

The way I actually did put her above Saoirse when the prediction center first opened… it was a primal instinct

rubbish

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Huh?

Don’t pay attention to that mess. I know what they’re talking about. And it’s funny they’re calling Rachel out when they’re literally the worst bully I’ve seen.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I feel responsible for the mess chile

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m just going to ignore this thread not out of spite for anyone but I’m genuinely confused as to how half the pages on a thread that is meant to be reacting to the moments of the ceremony and the winners has descended into this.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I think it was great to see Fiona Shaw who was not given a lot to do in season 2 get more meatier material in season 3.

I hope that Sandra Oh gets more meatier material in season 4.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.