Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 254 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think what these results tell us is that we over think things too much on here. Sure thinking Zendaya could win helped out in our predictions (although to be fair I don’t think that was over thinking) but the amount of times people were saying Strong and Cox would vote split even though they were the far and away frontrunners. I mean sure like Luca said being in the Series frontrunner doesn’t necessarily help you but when you’re the two most buzzed about performances in your category and your show is one of the buzziest of the year one of you is going to come out on top. We saw this twice in a row with both Comer and Strong.

I think it’s also worth stressing a point Luca raised earlier that nominations aren’t everything. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel won 4 Emmys despite having 20 nominations. Ozark won 1 Emmy out of the 18 it was nominated for the! Succession won 2 out of 5 of the acting categories it was nominated in.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

Lead actress in Drama will be a bloodbath next year with Colman and Linney fighting it for their last seasons. And they lose again to Zendaya. Hahahahahahaha.

Ozark’s last season is a two-parter so technically next time Linney contends for the win won’t be the last time she will be eligible for Ozark.

Profile picture
    KaRol
    Topics:

i have couple of thoughts after this year’s ceremony, which I think was one of the best Emmy nights ever & definetely had more “right” choices than “wrong” choices.

1. if there are three or more nominees from one show in a perfomer category, it is easier to avoid vote splitting when one of the nominees actually has indeed a good performance but also her/his surname at the top of the ballot (Abdul-Mateen II, Aduba);

2. the above does not usually occur in other categories as the nominnees are listed by show’s title. when there are 2 nominees for one show, the one that shows up first on the ballot has more chance? (Hunting episode was higher on the list than This Is Not For Tears?);

3. if in a other “than performer” category, there are 3 nominees from same show, the one that benefits is usually the one that has not any episode listed (like Susanne Bier or Maria Shrader directed all of the episodes of their shows). also it is worth noting that Cholodenko, Renck, Vallee, Bier or Shrader standed much better chance in their category just becuase they directed all of the episodes of their series’ (not only in the situation that there are many nominees from one show).

@9, Riley, what do you think?

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

If Julia Garner wins for either of the next two parts of Ozark, she’ll join the JLD wins-in-ever-season-but-one club.

Julia Garner

Julia Gar

Julia r

Julia Drey

Julia Lo Dreyfus

Julia Louis Dreyfus??!!

rubbish

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Greg
    Topics:

I love Zendaya but Laura Linney gave the best performance of the year hands down… Emmys love way too much young actresses

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

I rarely keep up with these threads on the night of the show because I just want to experience the ceremony, but I had to come somewhere to say… ZENDAYA!!!!!!!! My 100/1 bet paid off. The win of the night. Respect for “Euphoria.” That’s history.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I still can’t believe I switched to Aniston 10 minutes before predictions closed. At no point did I have her (was always undecided on Linney and Zendaya before settling on Zendaya) but someone on this forum persuaded me to do it… the sabotage.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Julia Garner the female Peter Dinklage will win again next year while her co-stars will go empty handed again (in the acting categories).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Tatiana Maslany, Jodie Comer, Zendaya… don’t go against who twitter is rooting for in this category.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Funny how Elisabeth Moss is the only person who has won Lead Actress according to the odds since 2016. I’m so glad that I’ve managed to predict the upset in that category three years in a row!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Profile picture
    bravistickle
    Topics:

Hey guys I’m new to this, I can’t seem to find my results for the Emmys contest? It’s like I haven’t participated at all. Any help?

Profile picture
    bravistickle
    Topics:

I really thought Brian Cox was a lock even against the Jeremy Strong hype! I LOVE Strong as well but Cox is a different beast on that show

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You know the best reactions of the night were really in Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. The way Sarah Snook, Helena Bonham Carter and Fiona Shaw were cheering for Garner when she won is how fellow nominees should react when someone wins.

The worst reactions of the night were with Directing for a Comedy Series where Ramy Yousseff and the Palladinos were like wtf and for Drama Series when Jason Bateman was like “oh” when Succession won.

I find it so funny that all the Drama Series nominees decided to attend the Zoom but then the producers of The Crown were like nah.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.