Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 254 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Another thing that cannot be understated enough is that TCA does matter! Sure critics don’t vote in the acting categories but they do tell us the mood of the moment. I knew from the moment Jeremy Strong got nominated that he was winning the Emmy because usually when one half of a duo gets nominated there they tend to win the Emmy (see Jodie Comer, Nicole Kidman, Sterling K. Brown) and recently TCA has nominated the Drama Actor winner (Porter, Rhys, Malek) and this year only Strong was nominated there.

TCA also predicted Ruffalo would win this year. Sure they may go on loose ends and nominate Rhea Seehorn and Merritt Wever and Kaitlyn Dever but when haven’t they done that in the past? I mean it’s not like Christine Baranski and Carrie Coon got nominated for The Good Fight and The Leftovers or like Jodie Comer got nominated for Killing Eve season 1 (although she probably was seventh in 2018).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Loved Linney, Oh, and Aniston reaction to Zenday winning. They were genuinely happy. I wonder why Colamn and Comer didn’t show up considering many nominees were from outside USA. Just for not being up all night?

Olivia Colman is turning into the next Maggie Smith lol

I get that it was super early in the UK, but come on. You can’t show up for a virtual ceremony? Fiona and HBC sucked it up.

As for Jodie Comer, she had to work. She starts filming her Ridley Scott movie today.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Matthew Macfadyen also didn’t turn up.

I get that it was super early in the UK, but come on. You can’t show up for a virtual ceremony? Fiona and HBC sucked it up.

To be fair on Olivia she is doing lots and lots of press for The Father so I can understand her not turning up. It’s not as if Shaw has to do that much press for Ammonite or HBC has to do that much press for Enola Holmes lol considering how The Father is one of the Oscar frontrunners and is literally being campaigned and publicised everywhere.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    supermalt
    Topics:

If you know your not going to win why turn up? So you can appease fans to see your face for 3 secs. Sleep>> anything else

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If you know your not going to win why turn up? So you can appease fans to see your face for 3 secs. Sleep>> anything else

If only someone said that to the producers of Better Call Saul , The Handmaid’s Tale and Killing Eve last night lol.

Profile picture
    Clarage
    Topics:

So the Emmys ended someone’s carrer last night …. https://www.eonline.com/amp/news/1188811/emmy-predictions-2020:-here-s-who-a-celebrity-psychic-sees-winning-big

Profile picture
    Julian14
    Topics:

Julia garners win meant that she didn’t have to win last year and Lena Headey could have had her well deserved career emmy. Sorry still bitter about

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

I spent all season telling myself how underwhelming HBC was on the Crown, but I do love her and seeing her watching the show made me root for her

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The irony that Ozark won less Emmys for its best season…

I mean I’m quite happy for Julia but it is a bit strange.

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

The irony that Ozark won less Emmys for its best season… I mean I’m quite happy for Julia but it is a bit strange.

I didn’t agree but appreciated all the arguments being made over the past months about how Ozark could “sweep” (lmao at that now) but I thought that the moment Tom Pelphrey missed, it was clear that the actors just did not watch season 3. The actors aren’t everyone but they’re still a pretty key branch and it always seemed to me that people in general might have plugged Ozark into nominations without actually watching its best season, which is a damn shame.

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

I didn’t agree but appreciated all the arguments being made over the past months about how Ozark could “sweep” (lmao at that now) but I thought that the moment Tom Pelphrey missed, it was clear that the actors just did not watch season 3. The actors aren’t everyone but they’re still a pretty key branch and it always seemed to me that people in general might have plugged Ozark into nominations without actually watching its best season, which is a damn shame.

A damn shame, indeed.

Profile picture
    greenshark
    Topics:

As for Jodie Comer, she had to work. She starts filming her Ridley Scott movie today.

Colman also had to work. It seems she’s in Greece (or on her way, at least) preparing to soon start filming The Lost Daughter.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Not us overthinking and coming up with all sorts of reason of why Pelphrey got snubbed when this was the simple truth all along: most of them didn’t watch season 3. Such a shame.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What does confuse me though is how a show that got the second highest amount of creative arts nominations in the Drama field got shut out completely there? I mean has any show ever done that before?

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Julia garners win meant that she didn’t have to win last year and Lena Headey could have had her well deserved career emmy. Sorry still bitter about

Enough with the career Emmys… I love Lena too, but she did not deserve to win last year. Honestly, none of them did.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.