Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 254 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Emmy-adjacent related but these gifs from the 2013 AMA red carpet have been doing the rounds on ATRL today and wow, just shows how far Zendaya’s career in such a short amount of time.

Jenna/Gaga/Zendaya

Gaga/Jenna/Zendaya

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Still so sad that Sarah couldn’t have replaced this fake Emmy with a real one. The way the men will never let her win for this show.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I stan Sarah and Julia Garner’s new friendship. I love how supportive Sarah is. She’s a gem. Let’s get her an Emmy for season 3!

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I stan Sarah and Julia Garner’s new friendship. I love how supportive Sarah is. She’s a gem. Let’s get her an Emmy for season 3!

Let’s have a scene or a show with all of the Drama Supporting Actress 2020 nominees.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Sarah Snook will not win until they gave her emotion-laden material (S2 was already going in that direction). That’s what these voters love. It’s why Jeremy Strong was able to pull through. I can’t wait for Snook to just have one of those episodes after which they will have no choice but to reward her, and I am pretty confident she’ll get one of those.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Sarah Snook remains me of Anna Chlumsky in Veep.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

I can’t wait for Snook to just have one of those episodes after which they will have no choice but to reward her, and I am pretty confident she’ll get one of those.

Like Fire Pink was for Laura Linney?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Like Fire Pink was for Laura Linney?

Different situation. Different category. Different competition. And i called both Garner and Zendaya’s wins, so I think I have some credibility, lol.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

If Succession comes back in time I don’t think we should underestimate Snook because she could benefit from a vote split from The Crown actresses.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Ugh, the fact that Yvonne Strahovski will never win an Emmy for THT is disgusting.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

It’ll probably premiere next April, so I don’t think it’s done. It still got into drama series (and casting) this year, so I think it’s weird how people have more confidence in TMS, TIU, Pose and others when they couldn’t even get in this year. Handmaid’s needs a knockout season — I think that’s more so the concern.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’ll probably premiere next April, so I don’t think it’s done. It still got into drama series (and casting) this year, so I think it’s weird how people have more confidence in TMS, TIU, Pose and others when they couldn’t even get in this year. Handmaid’s needs a knockout season — I think that’s more so the concern.

^They’re so done with that show that even if her character was reduced to guest she very possibly wouldn’t even land a (guest) nod.

I agree and disagree with this. I think The Handmaid’s Tale is getting in next year (unless it gets even worse acclaim) but I don’t think it’s anywhere near winning the Series trophy ever again and I think it was probably last or 7th this year (well either this or Better Call Saul were) in nominations. The fact that The Handmaid’s Tale went from 8 acting Emmy nominations, a second consecutive BAFTA nomination and a second consecutive domination at TCA to missing for its high profile Lead and getting only 3 acting nominations and getting shut out at the latter two ceremonies speaks alarms.

I think what helps The Morning Show is that it hasn’t reached peak visibility yet and the fact that most of the ceremony was a PR coup for it and Aniston is going to help its visibility and could help it get into Series. I mean the fact it got 5 out of 8 key campaign nominations in and a directing nomination for a first season show that got mixed reviews from critics and got shut out at DGA is a sign of strength. This is Us is getting back in next year regardless (you can count on me next year when this happens) because its the only network show left that voters love and with Cephas Jones winning there is a clear sign that voters still love this show. It is about to go into its final two seasons which could be an incentive for voters to nominate it and unlike something like Westworld (which also got dropped from Series) it is still receiving a tonne of critical acclaim and it still has a high viewership. Then you have Pose which imo still hasn’t achieved peak viewership but is growing in visibility amongst TV Academy members. Unlike The Handmaid’s Tale which lost a lot of nominations in places this time Pose only lost (in terms of key noms) a Casting and Series nod. Billy Porter still got in and now the TV Academy has faced widespread criticism for snubbing acclaimed trans and latinx performances this year. It’s quite likely if it airs in the Spring that it does a lot better than it has done in seasons 1 and 2 due to the growing visibility and continued buzz and acclaim for the show (there is no way it’s winning Drama Series).

I mean sure The Handmaid’s Tale got into Series over it but I feel like (and this is in general) we use these arguments of such and such has a better history with the TV Academy and therefore it is ahead of it whether its with people arguing GLOW and Veep were ahead of Fleabag and Maisel (in the case of Veep being ahead) in Series last year, Killing Eve being behind Westworld in Series, Jodie and Sandra being behind everyone in Actress, Ozark being behind everything in Writing and Kieran Culkin and Matthew Macfadyen being behind Chris Sullivan. I mean just because something missed last time doesn’t mean it can’t get into Series ahead of shows that were nominated last time in certain categories. After all Insecure got a Series nom over three time nominee Black-ish this year despite both getting more support.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sarah Snook remains me of Anna Chlumsky in Veep.

How dare you make the comparison and jinx her!

I’m jk. I worry this is the case.

But then does that mean Cox and Strong will be winning forever and ever. I don’t mind that 👀

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Julia Garner better get a huge raise. She’s the only reason Ozark didn’t beat Mad Men’s record for most losses.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It sucks that those seasons of their shows were competing for that unfortunate title because they’re both great.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.