Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 254 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

To be fair, Janney is different in that the reason she most likely went lead was because of her show’s lack of success with actors. Once she finally lost, they must’ve figured she wouldn’t win again, so why not go for a lead nod when Farris was never gonna get one.

I’m talking about The West Wing.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I distinctly remember you saying that Succession getting 7 acting nominations would not happen and it was just being touted because people on here were biased so… …congratulations on your upcoming Emmy win Sarah Snook!

You make zero sense. This has nothing to do with my comment. Sometimes I wonder whether you see words that are invisible to everyone else.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I distinctly remember you saying that Succession getting 7 acting nominations would not happen and it was just being touted because people on here were biased so… …congratulations on your upcoming Emmy win Sarah Snook!

So what? He still predicted the best out of any of us on the main night. And honestly, I say this as a Succession fan, I don’t know if Sarah will ever win for the show. I would love that as she’s amazing as Shiv, but she’s not really baity like Cox and Strong. I’m sure she’ll win a big award for something though. She’s brilliant.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

And I was referring to the fact that Garner is actually a two-time winner while Snook hasn’t won. I never said she wasn’t winning. Someone obviously twists the words in their head.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore is the definition of bait. It was the baitiest in the category. It’s a transformative performance. The Emmys just can’t resist rewarding that. Ruth is an extremely popular character. Maybe even the most popular in the category, alongside Renata Klein.

The baitiest performances in that category were by far Meryl Streep and HBC. Those roles were literally hand crafted in the bait factory. Too bad the shows tanked.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Both Julia and Zendaya won for playing incredibly bait-y characters, but what both also did was ground them so phenomenally well. Both Ruth and Rue could have gone sooo wrong if played by less caring actors. They’re both truly phenomenal.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Every time I come to this site I remember that Tom Pelphrey (best performance of 2020 btw) lost a nomination to Nicholas Braun and I just… I can’t. I will never recover from that.

And the fact that the Emmys can’t even salvage this is even worse!

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

Both Julia and Zendaya won for playing incredibly bait-y characters, but what both also did was ground them so phenomenally well. Both Ruth and Rue could have gone sooo wrong if played by less caring actors. They’re both truly phenomenal.

Julia blows me away more and more with every season (I don’t know how it’s possible for her to get even better?? the sky is her limit truly. Knew she would be a talent since seeing her kill it as Kimmy in the Americans) and Zendaya completely shocked me in Euphoria. The door scene has already been talked about to death in the media but it was truly devastating and heartbreaking. Both of them should be praised for being able to take seemingly “bait-y” characters and selling them as well as they do.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Every time I come to this site I remember that Tom Pelphrey (best performance of 2020 btw) lost a nomination to Nicholas Braun and I just… I can’t. I will never recover from that. And the fact that the Emmys can’t even salvage this is even worse!

I’m pretty sure Tom lost a nomination to Giancarlo, Mark, or Jeffrey. Nicholas Braun was always getting in. He was the 2016 Maisie Williams “popular character” vote of 2020. Can’t we leave him alone and let him enjoy a career highlight? Jesus. He wasn’t undeserving of this nomination, despite what all of you say. His timing is far superior to most of the nominees. I’m sorry your precious Tom didn’t get nominated but it’s not because of Nick.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Killing Eve not winning a single Emmy above or below the line this year despite doing better in nominations below the line than last year is having me wonder whether it might end up like Westworld and that if it has a less acclaimed season that only the actors return with Emmy nominations.

On a separate note the fact Sandra Oh hasn’t won a single Emmy on any of her nominations yet though despite being one of the most respected thespians in TV is quite alarming…

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure Tom lost a nomination to Giancarlo, Mark, and Jeffrey. Nicholas Braun was always getting in. He was the 2016 Maisie Williams “popular character” vote of 2020. Can’t we leave him alone and let him enjoy a career highlight? Jesus. He wasn’t undeserving of this nomination despite what all of you say. His timing is far superior to most of the nominees. I’m sorry your precious Tom didn’t get nominated but it’s not because of Nick.

You sound so angry. Calm down.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

You sound so angry. Calm down.

Stop talking shit, Kay. I’ll be good.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Guys the 2020 Emmys just ended on Sunday and we ALL need to calm down (me included). At this rate we’re the frontrunners and not The Crown or Succession in Drama Series next year.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I highly doubt Braun was the one that bumped Pelphrey out. I think it was either Duplass, Wright or Esposito. I LOVED Pelphrey’s performance and he shouldve won but this hate towards Braun is getting annoying. After those nominations is more than obvious Braun was always getting in, not to mention Greg is literally the most likable character and one of the most popular ones. Lets just move on and let Braun enjoy this incredible moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.