Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 254 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

To be honest I don’t think Pelphrey was even close to the nomination. I think Chris Sullivan could have actually even been ahead of him lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Imagine getting that defensive over someone who does nothing on the show.. couldn’t be me.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Imagine getting that defensive over someone who does nothing on the show.. couldn’t be me.

Why would you even respond then?

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

He has the weakest performance hence I singled him out. He’s just lucky he was on Succession.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Because I can.

Cool.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I wasn’t necessarily defending his performance but it’s quite annoying people keep bashing him when they don’t even know if he was the one who bumped their favorite. Those nominations clearly show he wasn’t the one. I wouldn’t have nominated him but there were far worse nominees than him.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Nicholas Braun was by far the worst nomination of the year. The fact he got in is almost embarrassing and displaying a concerning trend of name checking everything from a beloved show, even parts that are undeserving (Schitt’s Creek directing win can also be mentioned here).

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I love Cousin Greg but Braun wasn’t even close to being nomination worthy, please. (Neither were Wright or Esposito)

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I love Cousin Greg but Braun shouldn’t have even been close to nomination worthy, please. (Neither were Wright or Esposito)

That’s not what we’re saying. We’re saying it wasn’t him that kicked Tom out.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

yeah i think braun would’ve gotten in even if pelphrey was nominated. he was def ahead of esposito, wright and duplass.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I disagree with Braun being the weakest nominee. I wouldn’t have nominated him, but he has excellent comedic timing, and he does a great job selling the role’s vulnerability. I also think he wasn’t the one stopping Pelphrey from getting in. And for all we know, Pelphrey may not have even been the ninth slot.

I still say, through no fault of his own, Wright is the weak link of that lineup. He’s probably the strongest actor in that group, but all of his scenes were a snooze, and he felt borderline guest.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

and some of y’all do way too much on braun chile. i get that him getting in with a more comedic role is weird and he may have been weaker than some that missed but i’m fine with it tbh lol. i don’t think he was bad in the show.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

That’s not what we’re saying. We’re saying it wasn’t him that kicked Tom out.

With the amount of namechecks in the acting categories this year, I have to agree.

Honestly, I don’t even think Tom was eighth. To this day I still think Jason, Laura, and Julia were namechecked (as were a lot of the nominees).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The fact that Succession managed to win 2 acting awards this year as opposed to The Morning Show‘s one and Better Call Saul and Westworld‘s 0 is a clear sign Braun was ahead of Duplass, Esposito and Wright. Hell he could have even been ahead of Whitford too!

Also for those saying Braun was the worst nominee of the year whilst I wouldn’t nominate him in my personal awards saying he’s the worst is such an overstatement when someone styling someone’s hair warranted an Emmy nomination :

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Forgot to mention, but for months now I kept stating that directing winners for comedy and drama either go to names or the series that wins writing, which is why I was so steadfast in keeping Succession in directing from nomination day (albeit the wrong episode). The stat was proved again this year, and even doubled down on the comedy side.

Going off that, do you think Succession was 1 + 2 in directing? I’m going to assume yes, because The Crown clearly had a choice episode in Aberfan, and having not seen Ozark, it is my understanding that Fire Pink was the clear choice there too. Meanwhile, I don’t think there’s a clear consensus choice between Hunting and This is Not for Tears (especially considering one has a description with “series finale” and the other has “boar on the floor”).

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.