Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 481 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Philip
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Also, if Olivia Colman doesn’t bring it next season, she isn’t winning for this role. HBC is probably done seeing as though she’ll face competition on top of everything else.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Ruth Langmore is already a legendary character, isn’t she?

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I barely ever post on these forums, but I just want to say that I’m so happy for Zendaya. For thr longest time she was being typecast in teen/young adult romantic roles because of her Disney Channel background, but I always knew she was much more capable as an actress than people were giving her credit for, and she’s proved that without a shadow of a doubt tonight after her (I can only assume) massive upset. Here’s to a long career for her!

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Also, is this the first time a former Disney Channel actress has won a major industry award? Cause I’m pretty sure it is.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Clarage
    Topics:

12 times Emmy looser Sandra Oh :/

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Speaking of class acts, BLESS Fiona Shaw for that reaction. What a gracious, classy, kind person.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Disagree about Snook and Garner, tbh I was much more impressed with how Snook stepped up for her bigger role than how Garner’s performance continued to shine in a smaller one. To be fair Snook had much better material in this season than her previous while Garner had the opposite situation. Both delivered, but Snook just had the better season to really show her strengths in the role.

Please, stop making so clear that you have not watched Ozark.

Your first statement is factually wrong, Garner role is a borderline lead, this season I would say a complete lead. I am absolutely sure that Garner has more minutes of screen time in season 3 than Snook on season 2 of their shows.

Your second statement is absurd and is the definition of UNPOPULAR opinion. What I tried to warn you for months is that the millions of fans of Ozark see her as the standout of season 3 and this can be confirmed on every single social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also, if Olivia Colman doesn’t bring it next season, she isn’t winning for this role.

I didn’t realise you knew what the level of competition will be in a years time…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Don’t care about Garner but thank God she won because I can’t imagine how I would have tolerated those couple of delulu obsessed Ozark haters if it was actually shut out.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Well I only got 12 out of 22, but to be fair, 6 winners that I didn’t predict were my runner ups, so I was close on a few.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Speaking of class acts, BLESS Fiona Shaw for that reaction. What a gracious, classy, kind person.

She’s amazing. I love her so much.

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

Crudup was such an obvious win. The mental gymnastics some of you had those past few weeks to not predict him.

Many of us didn’t pick him because his portrayal was like a caricature and his character was poorly written in a very uneven series.

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

Let’s be real, the huge number of acting noms for Succession was always going to hurt more than help when it comes to the actual win since you literally have 3 guys competing against each other.

Nice to see drama wins more spread out after the early sweep fest and we love to see my #1 boy Jeremy Strong still get the win (I believe I said a million times how much his performance specifically was singled out and was the buzziest performance of the season). Talent won tonight!

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Netflix setting the nomination record and then only getting 2 wins at the main ceremony is kinda embarrassing

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix setting the nomination record and then only getting 2 wins at the main ceremony is kinda embarrassing

They probably think the PopTV wins are theirs…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.