Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Matthews’s performance is subtler so I’m not surprised Roman is more popular. Most people go for the flamboyant and flashy ones.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Killing Eve continues to be massive in UK:

“ Hit new BBC Three drama Normal People and the third series of cat and mouse thriller Killing Eve make up all of the top ten most popular episodes so far this year. The latest chapter of Villanelle and Eve’s story tops the list, with episode one achieving 6.95 million requests and series 3 receiving a total of 35.6 million requests so far.”

https://bbc.in/3iaPaDI

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Also predicting Crudup at the moment. I doubt that Duplass takes that many votes away from him, if any. I think Culkin can overcome the “Succession” vote-split, especially if both seasons of work are taken into account. Whitford’s show is on a perceived decline, so even being last year’s guest actor winner might not help him much now. As I mentioned earlier, we have to take both Esposito and Wright seriously here, since history can be made with the first black winner the category has ever had. It’s horribly egregious on the television Academy’s part, which would also be a great “pat themselves on the back” sort of moment for them to say, “look how much we support BLM!” I’ve moved both men up in my predictions in light of this.

I also moved Wright up to number 2.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Killing Eve continues to be massive in UK:

“ Hit new BBC Three drama Normal People and the third series of cat and mouse thriller Killing Eve make up all of the top ten most popular episodes so far this year. The latest chapter of Villanelle and Eve’s story tops the list, with episode one achieving 6.95 million requests and series 3 receiving a total of 35.6 million requests so far.”

https://bbc.in/3iaPaDI

Jodie’s going to come for another BAFTA nom next year isn’t she?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Matthews’s performance is subtler so I’m not surprised Roman is more popular. Most people go for the flamboyant and flashy ones.

It is?

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

It is?

Yeah not here lol. But overall I think so.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

It is?

The occasional loud moment doesn’t mean that his overall work isn’t subtle.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

His overall work as Tom isn’t subtle at all though lol, not just here. I would say Kieren gives the more subtle performance out of the two. But I definitely agree that Roman is a more popular character than Tom. Poor Tom…

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Aside from the scenes with J Smith-Cameron, Culkin doesn’t particularly show much range – that’s not a criticism of him because Roman as a character is (in my opinion brilliantly) written that way. I definitely wouldn’t dismiss him as two dimensional, but I wouldn’t describe him as ‘subtle’ either. As Roman’s relationship with his father is addressed more and more, that could change. Macfadyen gives a more nuanced performance as his character demands it. ‘Subtle’ doesn’t just mean ‘not loud/showy’.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

“Culkin” and “subtle” in the same sentence??

Profile picture
    Synthadora
    Topics:

Yeah because Roman is like a 10 on the flamboyant scale but I wouldn’t say Tom is not flashy at all but he does have his subtle moments.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I truly do not understand the Tom Pelphrey snub.

Profile picture
    Praise the Lourd
    Topics:

This whole debate is what I was talking about. There’s very little consensus on which one is a better performer out of the two, mostly due to the brilliant, very original writing.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

A performance, when the writing is good and the actor is capable, is never just one thing. Culkin is flashy and flamboyant at times, but also subtle and quiet at times. His later scenes in “Tern Haven,” for instance, fall under the latter category. But his character is written to be loud (and vulgar) most of the time.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I truly do not understand the Tom Pelphrey snub.

Nobody does…

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.