Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Exactly! And his name wasn’t enough for them to check it off. In other words, his win last year can’t solely be chalked up to namecheck.

Jason Bateman, wasn’t a big enough name to check off? They seemed to do it for guest actor this year.

There was a vote-split, but it is not like Succession took advantage of it. They liked it that much back then and it is so much bigger now. And sure, it is not Jason Bateman anymore, but Succession is not Adam McKay anymore either and The Crown is not Stephen Daldry. There being two episodes of Ozark on the ballot is not much of an argument when the same applies to The Crown and Succession; each has a more obvious choice.

I get what you’re saying.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

hat loved the direction in “Sua Casa Es Mi Casa” and can’t stop talking about one of the scenes in the episode.

I have never seen an Ozark fan say that…

Jason Bateman, wasn’t a big enough name to check off? They seemed to do it for guest actor this year.

Different branch 🙂

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

The directors branch didn’t watch “The Outsider.” They watched “Ozark” though. Bateman would have had 3 Emmy nominations otherwise.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I have never seen an Ozark fan say that…

Trust me. I talk to a lot of people outside of this forums and they can’t stop talking about that episode. I was also surprised tbh.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I am losing track of whether Rachel thinks that Jason Bateman has name-check powers.  I actually have no idea what the second episode of Ozark nominated is, beyond the title and it being from the middle of the season.  I better find out before I interview the director next week.  Also interviewing Alik Sakharov and Jessica Hobbs then.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

It features the therapy scene and the ending scene, but I honestly wouldn’t know why else people would hype up this one. Fire Pink is clearly ahead.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I am losing track of whether Rachel thinks that Jason Bateman has name-check powers. I actually have no idea what the second episode of Ozark nominated is, beyond the title and it being from the middle of the season. I better find out before I interview the director next week. Also interviewing Alik Sakharov and Jessica Hobbs then.

I do. A bit childish to say this. Is this your attempt to get people to gang up on me? You should read my posts if you’re confused. It’s pretty clear I feel he’s a name-check.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

They were in therapy for several episodes and all of the episodes have ending scenes, but thanks for trying to help!

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

It features the therapy scene and the ending scene, but I honestly wouldn’t know why else people would hype this one. Fire Pink is clearly ahead.

I think everyone knows that “Fire Pink” is ahead but that doesn’t mean the other episode can’t steal crucial votes from the other.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

They were in therapy for several episodes and all of the episodes have ending scenes, but thanks for trying to help!

I was trying not to spoil, but it’s the heated therapy scene, in which they lowkey destroy each other. And the ending is, well, bang. Still, it has nothing on Fire Pink.

I think everyone knows that “Fire Pink” is ahead but that doesn’t mean the other episode can’t steal crucial votes from the other.

That same argument could be made for The Crown. 

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Why is nobody predicting “Fire Pink” in directing?  Ozark won last year and has since doubled its nominations, so it is weird that it is far behind “Aberfan” and “This is Not for Tears” in the odds.

I have it in front of Succession, but it’s not like Ozark defeated The Crown last year in Directing, and Aberfan is a directing showcase. So that’s my rationale. I’m basically choosing the 2018 winner over the 2019 winner because it’s a better directing showcase. But I can easily be convinced to switch to Fire Pink.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

That same argument could be made for The Crown.

I know. The difference is “Aberfan” is a directing showcase from start to finish, something that “Cri de Coeur” clearly isn’t. Obviously it can very well vote split. Anyway, I have both “Aberfan” and “Fire Pink” outfront.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

While with The Crown, I don’t know a single person who prefered “Cri de Coeur” over “Aberfan”.

Allow me to be the first haha

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Why is nobody predicting “Fire Pink” in directing? Ozark won last year and has since doubled its nominations, so it is weird that it is far behind “Aberfan” and “This is Not for Tears” in the odds.

I am ever since prediction center opened.

Jodie Comer is 3rd-4th under the tape system. Whatever Oh and Coleman submit will put them both at the last places. Then whatever Aniston submit will put her 3rd-4th. Zendaya has a fantastic tape making her 2nd (stronger than anything Aniston did) and Linney is unbeatable, so 1st place.

Let’s see what Aniston submits but Comer’s tape is stronger than Zendaya’s imo.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I’m also predicting “Fire Pink” btw

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.