Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Alan Taylor turned in win-worthy work on the first season, but he was snubbed for even-bigger name Tim Van Patten (and the show was not strong enough then for multiple nominations).

Not predicting Lesli Linka Glatter because the Emmys did not nominate the final season of Homeland in any other category, so it feels like they checked her name without necessarily caring about her work here.  Name recognition can get you far, but I do not know that it often carries someone all the way to a win in such a key category.  Maybe if the Creative Arts go every which way?

No idea who would have won under the tape system between Caron, Glatter and Sakharov. Would probably have predicted “Fire Pink” for the visceral climax, like “The Getaway”.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

The directing winner is always either a name (actors, showrunners, big time film directors) or from the same show as the writing winner. There are no names, and Succession is winning writing, so I’m predicting there, but it could easily go to any of the three.

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

Trust me. I talk to a lot of people outside of this forums and they can’t stop talking about that episode. I was also surprised tbh.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would talk about Su Casa more than Fire Pink or All In, even with that great argument at the beginning. But different strokes.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I find it hard to believe that anyone would talk about Su Casa more than Fire Pink or All In, even with that great argument at the beginning. But different strokes.

I never said people talked more about “Sua Casa Es Mi Casa” than “Fire Pink” or “All In”. I said there’s a lot of people that liked the episode (more than I ever thought) and really liked the directing in it.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Laura is winning Lead Actress.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Laura is winning Lead Actress.

I think Fire Pink seals the deal.

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

I so wish I had your unwavering confidence!

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Awful snub. Especially in favor of “Beyond the Wall,” which had major issues. Name always prevails though, unfortunately.

That was bad, but Hardhome being snubbed for Unbowed Unbent Unbroken still perplexes me.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

That was bad, but Hardhome being snubbed for Unbowed Unbent Unbroken still perplexes me.

Ugh, YES. Hardhome is capital S spectacular. They did Miguel dirty twice: when the snubbed him for Hardhome and didn’t reward him for The Long Night last year!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    NAKSS
    Topics:

Would losing both her bids this year make Sandra Oh the second most nominated person without a win?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Well, Angela Lansbury has been nominated like 20 times and hasn’t won yet.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

How does Laura not have buzz? She certainly has more buzz than Colman and Oh. I get that Oh has goodwill and all, but we’ve seen time and again how that doesn’t win you an Emmy. I don’t even understand why we’re still having that conversation. They are going to check off the performance they like the most. And honestly, if it’s not Laura, then I think it’ll be Aniston or Zendaya.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Laura would have been an unquestionable front-runner during tape system days (with Comer as runner-up). But now she’s just competitive for the win. These days to win you need buzz and goodwill. And that’s why I believe it’s between Aniston, Colman and Oh.

You tend to pick the right winners so please say Laura will win.
    Lolololol

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Laura would have been an unquestionable front-runner during tape system days (with Comer as runner-up). But now she’s just competitive for the win. These days to win you need buzz and goodwill. And that’s why I believe it’s between Aniston, Colman and Oh.

Colman has literally no buzz

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

And Sandra Oh should win when she gives a performance that warrants a win. She’s a great actress, but nothing she’s done on KE so far — in my opinion — has warranted a win. Season 1 came very close, but when looking at the competition that year, it would be hard for me to say that she deserved to win. And again, it’s not because she isn’t an amazing thespian, but because I don’t think the material was always there. S2 and particularly S3 have gave her little to do. I’ve never seen Grey’s, so I cannot speak to whether she was win-worthy for that.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.