Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Sandra Oh deserved it for Grey’s Anatomy obvs. Did they really need to give Blythe Danner TWO wins for that no1curr show?

Profile picture
    Clarage
    Topics:

Sandra Oh should have won over Katherine  Heigl

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Katherine Heigl wasn’t a bad win either, Sandra could/should have won the other years.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Katherine Heigl wasn’t a bad win either, Sandra could/should have won the other years.

I agree although I think Rose Byrne was the deserving winner in 2009.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Oh was win-worthy in the early seasons of “Grey’s Anatomy.”

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Laura would have been an unquestionable front-runner during tape system days (with Comer as runner-up). But now she’s just competitive for the win. These days to win you need buzz and goodwill. And that’s why I believe it’s between Aniston, Colman and Oh.

Linney has more buzz than those three though.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Linney has more buzz than those three though.

More than Colman and Oh for sure but I think Aniston has a lot of buzz that is equal to if not greater than the level of Linney’s.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

Profile picture
    Liam McWhinney
    Topics:

I actually am predicting Aniston. Her performance reminds of Jeff Daniels in The Newsroom, who took home the Emmy for his first season.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Jen has buzz, but that’s mainly because she’s Jennifer Aniston. Laura wouldn’t have buzz had she not given that terrific performance!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jen has buzz, but that’s mainly because she’s Jennifer Aniston. Laura wouldn’t have buzz had she not given that terrific performance!

No one’s disputing that Linney doesn’t have buzz when it comes to herself but when it comes to buzz overall to say the buzz for Aniston is nowhere close to Linney’s for example (not a direct quote) couldn’t be further from the truth when there is so much buzz for Aniston’s return to television (and her first dramatic television performance).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I actually am predicting Aniston. Her performance reminds of Jeff Daniels in The Newsroom, who took home the Emmy for his first season.

That was under the tape system.

No one’s disputing that Linney doesn’t have buzz when it comes to herself but when it comes to buzz overall to say the buzz for Aniston is nowhere close to Linney’s for example (not a direct quote) couldn’t be further from the truth when there is so much buzz for Aniston’s return to television (and her first dramatic television performance).

That is definitely true.

Profile picture
    Liam McWhinney
    Topics:

That is definitely true.

isn’t the tape system just as relevant this year as ever? Voters actually have the time and resources to watch the tapes. I think it will lead to result where the tapes DO INDEED matter.
    Kyra Sedgwick win is a prime example that the tapes DO matter. Jodie Comer just last year is another.
    we can assume due to strenuous nature of the pandemic that voters will neglect to watch the tapes, however I truly believe the opposite will occur

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Voters very much proved that they didn’t watch all too many drama series with the nominations. Outside of Succession, they are random as all hell and rarely reflect the eligible seasons.

Kyra won — again, lol — under the tape system, when voters were forced (!) to watch tapes (it was also when you ranked the nominees on your ballot). Believe me that most voters aren’t watching them now, not even this year. They are encouraged/supposed to watch them, but no one is actually checking whether they do.

I don’t quite understand the Jodie Comer example?

Profile picture
    Liam McWhinney
    Topics:

Please someone explain Liam how things are these days and how they were in the past.

I’m very new to this game, cut me some slack! Haha

Profile picture
    Liam McWhinney
    Topics:

Voters very much proved that they didn’t watch all too many drama series with the nominations. Outside of Succession, they are random as all hell and rarely reflect the eligible seasons. Kyra won — again, lol — under the tape system, when voters were forced (!) to watch tapes (it was also when you ranked the nominees on your ballot). Believe me that most voters aren’t watching them now, not even this year. They are encouraged/supposed to watch them, but no one is actually checking whether they do. I don’t quite understand the Jodie Comer example?

Okay now I get you, Luca. Thank you for clearing up the process with me. My mistake, I misunderstood the method of voting and was ignorant 🥴

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.