Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 513 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
wolfali
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Clarage
    Topics:

More like we should stop underestimating the internet. It correctly predicted Fleabag’s sweep, Schitt’s Creek breaking in, Jodie Comer and Billy Porter winning last year as they were by far the most talked about contenders in their category. Years before the internet passion was the first to indicate a Tatiana Maslany upset .

.                                                     Emilia Clarke had much more support on social media last year (obviously because GOT was more popular )

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Because she’s good in the role? I haven’t yet completed this season but I always preferred Wiley to Dowd. It’s not hard to imagine others did as well. As for Strahovski, it is clear the academy never took to her the way the fans did. This year has been extremely unusual in so many ways that anything can happen in categories as open as these. I mean would anyone have guessed that Esposito would be the only acting nominee from BCS even a week ago?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not a fan of The Handmaid’s Tale but it’s also worth baring in my mind that she literally did win the last time she was eligible. If people are considering Whitford because he won last year then they should be considering Wiley too.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Wiley deserves to win for her delivery of, “I have sinned plenty. But you, YOU are the gender traitor.” She’ll submit that episode.

Profile picture
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Topics:

I think Laura Dern is actually more likely than her.

Streep is a legend. She’s far more competitive than Dern.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m not a fan of The Handmaid’s Tale but it’s also worth baring in my mind that she literally did win the last time she was eligible. If people are considering Whitford because he won last year then they should be considering Wiley too.

Whitford is only considered because of a vote split, and im not considering him anyway. Pretty sure Wiley is bottom 2 of her category.

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

lol at the term “new Dinklage” being thrown around a lot here on Supporting Actor / Actress.

That’s not gonna happen. He has an all-time record, not some nice accidental streak

Succession for Outstanding Drama Series, Emmys 2020

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

Streep is a legend. She’s far more competitive than Dern.

Yeah but Dern’s performance is a lot more popular. Anyway it doesn’t matter, as it’s not gonna be either one of them.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Because she’s good in the role? I haven’t yet completed this season but I always preferred Wiley to Dowd. It’s not hard to imagine others did as well. As for Strahovski, it is clear the academy never took to her the way the fans did. This year has been extremely unusual in so many ways that anything can happen in categories as open as these. I mean would anyone have guessed that Esposito would be the only acting nominee from BCS even a week ago?

She’s good in the role but she had barely any material this season. I never liked Dowd but she blew me away this season. Her performance in “God Bless the Child” and “Unfit” was amazing. She showed sides of Aunt Lydia we haven’t seen before. Strahovski continues to slay her role and was robbed of a nomination. Again, Samira was great but she was far from being Emmy worthy this season.

Wiley won in guest, not in supporting. And I should say, she totally deserved to win that Emmy. She was phenomenal in her submitted episode. And comparing Wiley to Whitford doesn’t make any sense. Bradley not only had more screentime but he also had more to work with than her.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

Does anyone have the guts to predict against THT in Guest Actress? I already made that mistake twice now

Succession for Outstanding Drama Series, Emmys 2020

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m currently predicting Cherry Jones but really anyone in that category apart from Harriet Walter can win.

Wiley won in guest, not in supporting. And I should say, she totally deserved to win that Emmy. She was phenomenal in her submitted episode. And comparing Wiley to Whitford doesn’t make any sense. Bradley not only had more screentime but he also had more to work with than her.

Yes but we saw how after her show collapsed following the switch from Comedy to Drama how Uzo Aduba managed to follow up a Comedy Guest Actress win with a Drama Supporting Actress win. Just because she won Guest Actress it doesn’t mean the passion isn’t still there.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Does anyone have the guts to predict against THT in Guest Actress? I already made that mistake twice now

Bledel being in fourth in the odds is something. People aren’t predicting her because her show underperformed, which is interesting given that Tyson and Cox are their shows’ only nomination, and Rashad’s “This Is Us” is not even nominated for drama series. I am hope-dicting Tyson until the end, but Bledel not only has the trend in this category working in her favor but has the performance to back up a win.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I don’t think Cox stands a chance either they clearly don’t care about trans actresses that much when they continuously ignore them.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Yes but we saw how after her show collapsed following the switch from Comedy to Drama how Uzo Aduba managed to follow up a Comedy Guest Actress win with a Drama Supporting Actress win. Just because she won Guest Actress it doesn’t mean the passion is still there.

Girl…I-

What?!

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

Well given Handmaid’s Tale just had their weakest showing this year, I don’t think that they can be likened to an unstoppable force in that category anymore. I’m going with Cherry Jones. The Emmys obviously love her, and now they seem to love Succession, so it seems like a pretty winning combination to me. Not to mention she gives an excellent performance.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.