Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 4)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 507 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I just noticed that 8 out of the last 10 lead acting winners have been from series nominees so that could hurt Zendaya/Aniston and Porter/Brown/Carell.

Profile picture
    Pu1p
    Topics:

Not drama but this is making me very hesitant to predict Ramy Youseff. If he was in a series nominee I’d almost definitely choose him though. I’m really not considering Zendaya at all, I think the nomination is her reward.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

I know we all want Succession to win (and it probably will) but we really shouldn’t underestimate Ozark it has support from like every branch and the fact that it won two big emmys last year for a mediocre season bodes well for its chances.

That’s really all I’m saying. If Succession wins, great! But I do think Ozark has more juice than people here believe.

… and Linney does something we’ve already seen coming from her.

Negative. Her body of work does not include a character like this. Not even close.

Profile picture
    Pu1p
    Topics:

Zendaya was not that amazing y’all, lol. She was good and her nod is fun, but her performance is nothing compared to Linney, Colman or Comer.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Beating a dead horse I see. It’s pretty obvious Linney is winning. Zendaya should be, well because her performance is groundbreaking, and Linney does something we’ve already seen coming from her. Sadly it’s also obvious that for Zendaya the nomination is the reward as just said above. She’s the Claire Danes/Amber Tamblyn of the year.

Linney has never played a character like Wendy but ok.

Profile picture
    Pu1p
    Topics:

It’s impressive for sure

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Linney has never played a character like Wendy but ok.

Agreed, but she did once play a character greatly affected by her emotionally ill brother in Love Actually.

Clearly the film equivalent of Ozark.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What’s the most awards won by a season of a Drama series in one year? I am wondering whether predicting Succession to win everything it’s nominated for apart from Editing and Production Design might be too much (I don’t think so considering it seems to be the only show actors (clearly) watched that wasn’t Maisel or Watchmen and one of the only Dramas everyone else watched below the line along with The CrownOzark,  The Mandalorian and maybe Stranger Things (which I am predicting to win Editing).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

What’s the most awards won by a season of a Drama series in one year?  

I believe that is Game of Thrones, with 12 awards each for Seasons 5, 6 and 8.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I believe that is Game of Thrones, with 12 awards each for Seasons 5, 6 and 8.

Ok so 10 Emmys isn’t too scary to predict because it won’t break the record. I am a bit more confident in my prediction now.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

It would still be more than any drama/comedy not named Game of Thrones though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It wouldn’t be surprising though that if any Drama does win 10 Emmys for a single season it would be Succession.

It’s interesting with the crafts on both the Comedy and Drama sides because with The Mandalorian it is competing in categories with Comedy series and Maisel is competing largely with Drama series so it will be interesting to see how many Emmys the win.

Imagine if Maisel just ends up winning 8 Emmys again and still loses Series lol.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

Succession needs to win all the 12 categories they are nominated to tie GoT. Is it impossible? I don’t think so. However, a production design win would be shocking.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to predict Succession for everything apart from Production Design (it is beautifully edited) but it would equal or be similar to GOT which was such a phenomenon that I don’t know if Succession would do the same numbers.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.