Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 4)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 507 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Lead Actress (outside Gold Derby, of course), previous winner.

Olivia Colman is neither the heavy front-runner to win anywhere nor is she a previous winner. In fact, she now a three-time nominee although people tend to treat her like a 10-time nominee.

I swear Gold Derby is the only online forum where The Crown is being considered a massive underperformer at the Emmys, to the extent that users make it sound like the show totally bombed and was ignored across the board.

No one has said that. But it’s without a doubt that it didn’t do as well in the acting races as it should have. New cast or not, this show is in its third year and fresh off its SAG Ensemble WIN, so there’s no reason why it only should have nabbed two acting noms, which, btw, is fewer than even Killing Eve and The Handmaid’s Tale have. 

I don’t hear a peep about Ozark’s massive acting snubs being levelled against Linney and Garner, conveniently.

All people here have talked about are Tom and Janet’s snubs, especially the former. And no one is uber-confident in predicting either one of Linney or Garner. In fact, a lot of people have removed Linney from #1 for that exact reason. 

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Just a reminder that BAFTA TV is voted for by a panel of 6 people

FYC 2020 EMMYS

COMEDY- SCHITTS CREEK in all categories, Maya Rudolph, Eddie Murphy

DRAMA- Killing Eve in all categories, HBC, Cicely Tyson, The Crown in directing

LIMITED- UNBELIEVABLE, Normal People in writing and directing, Toni Collette, Tituss Burgess

FYC OSCARS- Amy Adams

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What will be very exciting to see is Maisel and The Crown compete against each other in the craft categories because what I interestingly realised is that despite Maisel competing with Dramas below the line and the competition being more competitive this year it still managed to hold on to all of its craft nominations and The Crown seems to be stronger with crafts than last year!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I haven’t seen any hate for Zendaya’s nom. Anywhere.

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

I don’t hear a peep about Ozark’s massive acting snubs being levelled against Linney and Garner, conveniently… SMH We go from questions like “Did the actors peer group actually watch Ozark, because that snub of the year though”, yet predicting Linney and Garner with utmost confidence. People on here actually thinking Ozark is heading for a sizeable Emmy haul, and I would like to try whatever they are smoking.

Sorry you missed those many posts about that situation. Yes, people have wavered on Linney’s win since nominations came out, and most predictions have Ozark only winning one or two awards as a result.

But please… Do go on.

I actually think Julia Garner can easily repeat for Ozark. Laura Linney I’m not buying. I would like to think Jason Bateman would win the Emmy way before Linney, or at the very least they carry each other to wins in a last season sweep type of thing. However great her performance might be.

And THIS is where I take my leave. Because. Wow. “However great her performance might be, I still think the lead actor should get an Emmy before the lead actress.” Woof.

Profile picture
    thebtpyoda@gmail.com
    Topics:

Any of the experts here know if Lovecraft country is definitely an ongoing drama series or if it’s an anthology series? When it was first picked up, it was supposed to be an anthology series.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

DRAMA SERIES:

(Spoiler: Ozark)

LEAD ACTRESS:

(Spoiler: Laura Linney)

LEAD ACTOR:

(Spoiler: Jeremy Strong)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:

(Spoiler: Helena Bonham Carter)

SUPPORTING ACTOR:

(Spoiler: Matthew Macfadyen)

WRITING:

(Spoiler: The Crown, “Aberfan”)

DIRECTING:

(Spoiler: Ozark, “Fire Pink”)

Profile picture
    gardenia
    Topics:

So I’m finally watching Ozark S3 and I got to “Su Casa Es Mi Casa” and holy shit that opening therapy scene was something else. I’m already ready to root for Linney to win and I haven’t even gotten to “Fire Pink.”

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Prepare mentally for that episode

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

So I’m finally watching Ozark S3 and I got to “Su Casa Es Mi Casa” and holy shit that opening therapy scene was something else. I’m already ready to root for Linney to win and I haven’t even gotten to “Fire Pink.”

I don’t want to overhype “Fire Pink” for you because overhype can ruin anything, but her arc very stunningly crystallizes in it, and Linney, of course, brings it. The finale is the cherry on top.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

Speaking of which, lemme just say that Jason Bateman is such a mediocre actor.

I think his character is a bit too understated at times, but that still requires an immense amount of control as an actor.

We been knew. Him getting in over Bob Odenkirk is an absolute crime.

Uh, I think most of us would agree that Steve Carell is actually the one who likely stole Odenkirk’s spot. All due respect to Carell…

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Samira Wiley not knowing what she was nominated for upon the news that she’d been shortlisted, just made my day.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s so funny how her and Alexis Bledel have been swapping categories in terms of which ones they compete in every year.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.