Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 6)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 502 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
28 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Surprised by how many are predicting Culkin

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/emmys-predictions-succession-schitts-creek-2020-1234771483/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

I’m starting to get a feeling that it’s just more on forums like these where people obsess over every tiny little detail that people make a case for Matthew Macfadyen (who I personally loved in Succession regardless and thought he was brilliant), but to the more casual voters, Kieran Culkin is probably the easy choice as one of the Roy siblings and a seemingly effortless performance.

Also, I’m pleasantly surprised to see more and more people predicting Zendaya, who I think people may potentially be underestimating.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Ugh, Streep doesn’t need another award.

Gotta stop thinking about it in these terms. Performance and performance alone.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Ozark can’t win Editing and Succession can with two episodes nominated I think it’s safe to say which show has the greater potential to overcome a vote split in Directing.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

Yeah I’m torn between Snook, Garner and HBC. Theoretically Shaw and Streep can win but I just don’t see them having passion personally. Although both would be INCREDIBLY deserving winners.

Shaw would be an exceptional winner. This is such a strong category

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

I am lol’ing at people calling Helena a lock after this win. This category has the worst possible correlation with the Emmys, I mean 2015: Lena Headey (GD), Uzo Aduba (Emmy) 2016: Lena Headey (GD), Maggie Smith (Emmy) 2017: Thandie Newton (GD), Ann Dowd (Emmy) 2018: Yvonne Strahovski (GD), Thandie Newton (Emmy) 2019: Maisie Williams (GD), Julia Garner (Emmy) But okay.

I am lol’ing at the thought of the GD Awards having any relevance to anything

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Gotta stop thinking about it in these terms. Performance and performance alone.

Well Streep doesn’t deserve it performance-wise either so.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

null

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m starting to get a feeling that it’s just more on forums like these where people obsess over every tiny little detail that people make a case for Matthew Macfadyen (who I personally loved in Succession regardless and thought he was brilliant), but to the more casual voters, Kieran Culkin is probably the easy choice as one of the Roy siblings and a seemingly effortless performance.

i’m still laughing at how macfadyen stans swore he was a huge thing outside this forum when they couldn’t even get him to top 2 in GD awards today.

i been saying if somehow any succession supporting actor prevails, it will be culkin because majority prefer him and that variety predictions link having numerous predicting him proves my point.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Surprised by how many are predicting Culkin https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/emmys-predictions-succession-schitts-creek-2020-1234771483/

The amount of Jennifer Aniston predictions make me lose faith in humanity. I mean I really enjoyed the morning show but I really don’t think she should win this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve moved Bradley Whitford up (although I’m not predicting him to win). He did win last year in guest acting and even though The Handmaid’s Tale seems to be on life support at the Emmys I think he might be able to win à la Thandie Newton as a result of vote splitting, him being one of the more well known names in this category and him still having goodwill for his performance (I thought Strahovski was the MVP of Handmaid’s s3 but I know people consider him to be their MVP).

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

The amount of Jennifer Aniston predictions make me lose faith in humanity. I mean I really enjoyed the morning show but I really don’t think she should win this.

She won SAG, so ….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

I think Linney should win but Aniston Is to me a close second. I would consider her win deserved anyway.
    I’m still predicting Linney but boy if Aniston has a narrative and she’s beloved by her peers.
    From reactions when she won the Sag and also watching her Insragram it looks like she’s friend with everyone in Hollywood.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

She won SAG, so ….

But there was also no Laura Linney and no Zendaya who have some hype behind them for their performance so it might not go her way again. (I hope)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Uhm, I’m currently predicting Ozark to go empty-handed home this year. There’s still a chance to grab something, but I’m skeptical.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 502 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.