Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 252 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I don’t think Ozark is done.

I think it’s winning Supporting Actress.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I have faith in Ozark winning lead and supporting actress.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

There’s probably an obvious answer that I’m forgetting but when was the last time that a Drama Series got 5+ acting nominations and won none of them?

EDIT: Ignore me, just remembered This is Us last year!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

So, regarding the Succession supp. actors, I do think one of them can win tonight. One of them could arise as the Peter Dinklage of the category, but the problem is: we wouldn’t even know who that’d be until tonight. It could be Macfadyen, it could be Culkin. Neither one is directly comparable with Dinklage, whose character and show were 100 times more popular, but I am more so referring to within the show. For me personally, Macfadyen is the capital c Clear standout, but so many people love Culkin’s work too. It’s for that reason that I am going to have to default to someone else — but I am really struggling. Crudup makes so much sense, but my gut says he isn’t winning; Wright and Esposito are possible too, but is the former going to win for a show they clearly don’t like anymore or the latter for one that hasn’t won a single Emmy? That just leaves Bradley Whitford, so whether it’s smart or not, I might just stick with him.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I had Snook for the longest time and I’m not giving up now. I’m just thinking between Crudup and Culkin. If anyone’s overcoming internal competition, it’s Culkin, not Macfadyen, I think. I’m already predicting a sweep for Schitt’s Creek, so why not one for Succession too?

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

What about a combo? Linney and Garner for Ozark, Strong and Culkin for Succession?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Linney and Garner for Ozark,

We’d love to see it!

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

So, regarding the Succession supp. actors, I do think one of them can win tonight. One of them could arise as the Peter Dinklage of the category, but the problem is: we wouldn’t even know who that’d be until tonight. It could be Macfadyen, it could be Culkin. Neither one is directly comparable with Dinklage, whose character and show were 100 times more popular, but I am more so referring to within the show. For me personally, Macfadyen is the capital c Clear standout, but so many people love Culkin’s work too. It’s for that reason that I am going to have to default to someone else — but I am really struggling. Crudup makes so much sense, but my gut says he isn’t winning; Wright and Esposito are possible too, but is the former going to win for a show they clearly don’t like anymore or the latter for one that hasn’t won a single Emmy? That just leaves Bradley Whitford, so whether it’s smart or not, I might just stick with him.

This is my exact mindset.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Save for actress, our drama predictions are identical. I guess we’ll go down together!

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

What about a combo? Linney and Garner for Ozark, Strong and Culkin for Succession?

I don’t see a good argument for predicting Ozark in acting.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Ready for the fumes here when/if Aniston wins.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I don’t see a good argument for predicting Ozark in acting.

What’s a good argument for not?

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

What’s a good argument for not?

The way I see it, Zendaya fits the lineup of previous winners and Snook being part of the most nominated show by the acting branch and not facing internal competition makes a great frontrunner.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.