Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 252 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Rightful fumes. Worst performance in the category.

You wish. Thankfully the audience, SAG and possibly Emmys disagree!

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

I don’t see a good argument for predicting Ozark in acting.

1. Quality, they are really the best in their categories (at least in my opinion). And in the last few years, the best ones won.
    2. They are loved by the industry (both nominated together at SAG, previous winners at the Emmys).
    3. Ozark season 3 has been too good to go down with zero awards.

I admit, though, that your contra arguments are also solid.

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

1. Everyone nominated is supposed to have a quality performance. You liked Linney the most, others liked Anniston.

2. We just had the two-time SAG snubbed series to have the most acting nominations. I find SAG relevant only until the next big thing pops up.

3. Season three of Ozark wasn’t watched by voters based on the nominations it got. I’m doubtful they decided to watch it now.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I just switched back to Zendaya in Drama Actress. I’m so confused with that category. I want Linney to win but Zendaya seems to have so much going for her (visibility, acclaim, goodwill,…). Ugh… somebody help me!!! 😂

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Our scores tonight

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Me after the Emmys tonight:

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I currently have a sweep for Succession in Actor (Strong), Sup Actor (Culkin) and Sup Actress (Snook) with Lead Actress going to Linney. I feel the least good about Sup Actress because I’d also love to see Julia Garner win again. I feel a Succession sweep coming in and the Ozark passion will break through in Lead Actress (hopefully)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I think I’m a bit more comfortable about Snook considering Succession did end up winning an acting award (and funnily enough the one I thought it was going to win). It is interesting how in the past three years we’ve seen the award in this category go to the show with the most passion in acting or the most acting support that year (The Handmaid’s Tale) or in the case of a vote split the show that is next in line (OzarkWestworld) in nominations support in acting or passion.

I do have Helena Bonham Carter second though as I’m not forgetting how Maggie Smith won on the narrative of her final season and HBC does have an overdue narrative here and she’s been campaigning. Then the rest of my top 5 (my top 5 basically includes the performers I think can win) is followed by Garner, Shaw and Streep (in that order). Again just saying that (apart from maybe Samira Wiley) everyone in that category would be super deserving of the win.

I have Culkin and it’s for similar reasons Luca hypothesised in his post. I feel like we’ve been shown that Succession can overcome vote-splits with its Guest Actress and Editing wins this week (although tbf it still can very well vote split here with three actors nominated) and I said this before but I have a really big feeling like Luca that Culkin is the new Dinklage and Macfadyen is the new Coster-Waldau. Don’t get me wrong I’m all here for a Macfadyen win but I think by having the showier more popular character on the show Culkin has the upper hand (if any of them win). Obviously this has no baring on his chances but when Sir Patrick Stewart is openly rooting for you…

With Directing I actually have put Hunting in second. I think Succession could either split in this category or both Hunting and This is Not For Tears are way ahead of everything else. Let’s not forget a lot of the directors probably see Hunting as “boar on the floor” and if you’ve seen the show considering how much of a big deal that was it could tip things in Andrij Parekh’s favour. I’ve also seen lots of publications predict it for the win and it could actually be our surprise winner here (hence why I have it second).

I’m sticking with Jeremy for Lead Actor but I probably shouldn’t have Brian Cox fourth. Hopefully they win in a tie because I would be SO here for it.

Lead Actress is a complete mess and I’ve abandoned all hope in Linney and have jumped on the Zendaya train. It’s a shame because it would be quite upsetting if the TV Academy gave Linney an arguably undeserving win for The Big C over Jessica Lange for one of her career best performances and then decided not to give Linney a win for not only her career best performance but ONE OF THE BEST PERFORMANCES IN THIS CATEGORY EVER. The reason I’m predicting Zendaya is because I’m finding it hard to see the same TV Academy who awarded Foy over Moss, Comer over Oh and Maslany over Wright award Linney unless Ozark sweeps (which with its losses at the creative arts I don’t see happening). I might even put a super bet on Zendaya. Watch how Sandra Oh or Olivia Colman take this…

…There’s no need to discuss Writing and Series 🙂

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think I have found the perfect gif for my mood.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

3. Season three of Ozark wasn’t watched by voters based on the nominations it got. I’m doubtful they decided to watch it now.

I’m getting this vibe too.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I just don’t get why they watched the first two seasons and not the third? maybe it coming out almost two years later hurt it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just don’t get why they watched the first two seasons and not the third? maybe it coming out almost two years later hurt it.

Perhaps they’re behind on it and decided not to watch the third season during the lockdown? I mean the first two seasons did come out a year before Emmy voting.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.