Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 252 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Sticking with Linney as the winner, and Jennifer Aniston as the spoiler.

Profile picture
    Clarage
    Topics:

So they nominated Linney for her performance in season 2 ? Over Moss and Kidman ? i doubt it

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Ozark did not get 18 nominations for season 2, not to mention three in writing. On the whole, this season was watched. The actors’ branch just seems to have been incredibly lazy.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Let’s wait and see how Ozark performs tonight first. It’s not like it had any guest actors nominated and Cherry Jones is Cherry Jones so I don’t see why everyone is suddenly jumping to predict Snook/Culkin with such confidence. Cromwell still lost. Ozark didn’t win casting last year either and still took directing. It’s dead for series but that’s something everyone knew except those who were trying to invent an upset narrative that was obviously not happening.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

When it comes to predictions, I don’t feel like anyone should take the guest categories into consideration anymore for the main night.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The past couple of years, every drama series nominee went home with something, at least a guest acting Emmy, except for Better Call Filler and Bodyguard which only had 2 nominations.

Watch Fiona Shaw snatch supporting actress lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m pulling a Thatcher and leaving if certain people lose.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My reactions to tonight if :

Brian Cox wins

Jeremy Strong wins

Steve Carrell wins

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I know I have said it before that Fiona Shaw would not be a bad winner. She is not my pick, but Fiona delivered much more this past season then she did in season 2. Imagine if Fiona won for season 2.

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

With Directing I actually have put Hunting in second. I think Succession could either split in this category or both Hunting and This is Not For Tears are way ahead of everything else. Let’s not forget a lot of the directors probably see Hunting as “boar on the floor” and if you’ve seen the show considering how much of a big deal that was it could tip things in Andrij Parekh’s favour. I’ve also seen lots of publications predict it for the win and it could actually be our surprise winner here (hence why I have it second).

I had “Hunting” in first since the predictions center opened, but just recently switched to “Tears” since it seems like the far and away frontrunner. There’s no question in my mind that “Hunting” is the better directed episode, though…

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

There’s no question in my mind that “Hunting” is the better directed episode, though…

Boar on the Floor still gives me nightmares.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I smell Homeland upset.

I wouldn’t be surprised if anything like this happens anymore tbh. I think we should all just keep our hopes extremely low.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree Rachel. Would be funny though if our Directing winners ended up being Gail Mancuso and Lesli Linka Glatter because it would be a bit 2012.

For people outside the US is there a link to watch the ceremony? Sadly isn’t broadcast in the UK.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I agree Rachel. Would be funny though if our Directing winners ended up being Gail Mancuso and Lesli Linka Glatter because it would be a bit 2012. For people outside the US is there a link to watch the ceremony? Sadly isn’t broadcast in the UK.

I think the link I shared yesterday for the creative arts will stream the ceremony.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.