Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 252 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
Rachel

• Thiago
    Topics:

On the supporting actor race, I know it’s easy to forget, since The Mourning Show wasn’t up for much in the creative arts, but they do have strong support among actors, getting five nominations here and three at SAG, and most of them are going to Crudrup. The fact that Culkin is coming out as the Succession actor that might upset just reinforces that, cause both have similar functions, not much development as the other caracters, but they there delivering some comic relief (I saw some youtube videos lately just as a recap and Culkin does have a lot of great funny moments, especially if voters are considering both seasons, and the only reason I went past the mess that were those first TMS episodes was Crudrup).

I just don’t see Whitford overcoming any of them, since The Handsmaid Tale is dead in the water. BLM could push someone over them, especially since it would be the first black winner of the category, but them there isn’t a clear choice between Esposito and Wright, both are estabilished veteran actors that deserve an Emmy only for past seasons, in Esposito’s case, not even for Better Caul Saul.

It doesn’t matter how much thought I put into it, I aways default to Crudrup.

On supporting actress, I think it’s a matter of how much love actors still have for the Crown, left from that SAG win and for Boham Carter vs. how much they aquired for Succession latelly and the latter seems way stronger. I don’t see Garner or Shaw being able to overcome none of those.

angel88401
    Topics:

I feel like people are seriously underestimating Ozark’s chances of winning a couple of awards tonight. Just because it didn’t do so well at the Creative Arts doesn’t mean it’s going home empty-handed tonight! (it wasn’t predicted to win many of those anyways). Directing, S. Actress, L. Actress, and even L. Actor are all possibilities (I don’t know about taking all of those but it’s in a good spot to win some of those)

Basically, I feel like people have this seriously defeatist attitude about Ozark all of a sudden but it can easily surprise. Have hope!

Clarage
    Topics:
    Thiago
    Topics:

It’s not just what happened this week. When Pelphrey and Mcteer were snubbed, people clung to the creative arts nominations to support Ozark’s strenght, so now there is nothing. I am still on Linney’s train, but now wouldn’t be surprised if she loses, Bateman doesn’t seem positioned to be the beneficiary of a Succession votesplit, nor Garner seem to have strenght to overcome Snook.

wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.eonline.com/amp/news/1188811/emmy-predictions-2020:-here-s-who-a-celebrity-psychic-sees-winning-big LOL I hope she is wrong

Curb Your Enthusiasm??? I-

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

jonny
    Topics:

Anyone know if this will be live on uk television or online anywhere

estrelas
    Topics:

https://www.eonline.com/amp/news/1188811/emmy-predictions-2020:-here-s-who-a-celebrity-psychic-sees-winning-big LOL I hope she is wrong

It’s more than obvious spirits are pranking her ass…

Kay
    Topics:

The way the academy just doesn’t like Netflix.

I giggled at that one anonymous voter saying they would never vote for a Netflix show even if they like it.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Kay
    Topics:

It’s not just what happened this week. When Pelphrey and Mcteer were snubbed, people clung to the creative arts nominations to support Ozark’s strenght, so now there is nothing. I am still on Linney’s train, but now wouldn’t be surprised if she loses, Bateman doesn’t seem positioned to be the beneficiary of a Succession votesplit, nor Garner seem to have strenght to overcome Snook.

He literally is though… I’m even tempted to predict him but I feel like the Cox/ Strong love may be too strong and that Strong is the favorite of the two that even a vote-split may not be a thing

Tyler
    Topics:

I can’t convince myself to predict Culkin or MacFayden, feels like a ridiculously obvious vote split, but now I’m doubting Crudup too. Hours til showtime and I’m still as lost as I was on nominations morning.

Kay
    Topics:

In before Jeffrey Wright (he has prevailed under so many circumstances in the nominations phase! You gotta give him some credit) and Thandie Newton snatch some Emmys!

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Imagine if Bateman sweeps through because of a Succession split. I think if Bateman wins, then Linney better win.

wolfali
    Topics:

I can’t convince myself to predict Culkin or MacFayden, feels like a ridiculously obvious vote split, but now I’m doubting Crudup too. Hours til showtime and I’m still as lost as I was on nominations morning.

I’ve gone from predicing Crudup to Culkin which is something I may regret. Largely did that because Culkin is the one I’ve seen online to have received more praise from high profile actors and member of the acting branch of the TV Academy and I feel like because of how manic Roman’s character is that actors may be more captured by the showiness of the performance (I have a feeling they may think Macfadyen is too subtle).

I mean it’s probably something I’ll regret deeply but I have a feeling all three of the Roy-Collingwood children actors are winning.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

wolfali
    Topics:

Fingers crossed this happens when they announce Lead Actor.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.