Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 252 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

But why would they give Whitford the award if they already feel they’ve rewarded him for season 3 last year? I feel like Giancarlo is the spoiler.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Crudup reminds me a lot of Patrica Clarkson last year. I feel like everybody likes his performance, but a lot of people just aren’t all that passionate about him.

He’s frontrunner, but he seems ripe for an upset.

Good points. The only other strong narrative here is a POC nominee winning and making Emmy history. Who’s predicting Esposito or Wright?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I will not believe in an Emmy win for BCS until I see it.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Well, that wise board member just revealed himself lol

Well I wouldn’t call myself wise, but I’ll take what I can get.

I am starting to feel like they really might default to Whitford. Had he not won last year, I’d feel even more confident. I don’t see how Succession overcomes vote-splitting. This isn’t a Peter Dinklage or O.J. situation.

I’d say a Crudup win is likelier then Whitford, as while I think the former doesn’t have too much passion going for him, he has more than the latter, and his show did better with actors.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

I’ve been feeling Culkin could win since that phone sex.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a feeling we could see a Succession sweep of everything but actress or we could see repeats from last year considering how lazy the craft voters were.

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Harriet Walter winning G. Actress because if she wins I think that helps Strong and Culkin win as it would mean voters are voting based on both seasons.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I will not believe in an Emmy win for BCS until I see it.

But it won an Emmy yesterday…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

When they announce Tom Pelphrey as the winner yup.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Funny how when I suggested the possibility of Succession winning S. Actor despite having three actors nominated it was called delusional stanning and now the majority seem to think it’s realistic. Glad people listened lol 😉

People are allowed to change their minds – it’s not OK if anyone called you delusional, but they’re allowed to change their minds about predictions. It’s not a personal slight against you, and I sincerely doubt anyone is predicting it now to spite you.

Profile picture
    Jessie2044
    Topics:

So given the strong position Succession seems to be in – is it overcoming vote splitting in Actor/Supporting Actor? And if so – who’s gonna get it?

I think it will overcome the vote splitting in lead actor. In my heart I would really like Strong to win but my mind says it will be Cox. Either way I’ll be happy if one of them wins.
    For supporting actor, I think it’s still Crudup who will take the win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

After it won that incredibly competitive category against those Quibs shows I feel like they are starting to respect the show. Can’t wait for the incoming Sound Mixing win next season!

I was joking. I’m not even predicting to be anywhere close to winning anything.

Chill.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

sincerely doubt anyone is predicting it now to spite you.

Yeah I wasn’t saying this to attack anyone or anything and I wasn’t saying people were doing it like that. I was just glad that people now agree with me.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

i hope the macFADyen stans realize if crudup isn’t winning, culkin or esposito will take it.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Yeah I wasn’t saying this to attack anyone or anything and I wasn’t saying people were doing it like that. I was just glad that people now agree with me.

OK that’s cool – just your tone seemed a little sarcastic? So I just wanted to make sure you weren’t thinking that’s why people were doing it. Because that’s not fair to you or them.

Moving on!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.