Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 252 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

your tone seemed a little sarcastic?

No worries! I totally understand. It’s much harder to infer what’s sarcasm or not on a site filled with sarcastic posts (from pretty much every user myself included).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I’m going out and predict an Esposito upset in Supporting Actor. Does he not have enough passion? He’s nominated in Guest Drama Actor and he’s the only BCS actor who managed a nomination this time around. A black actor has also never won that category, and in this particular year, history could be made. I think he can pull it off, tbh.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d love to know what it’s like to have so much self confidence and vanity to feel you can tell other users how much they should be posting. I thought better of some of those who have chosen to join a bullying herd today.

Thanks forwardswill ❤.

On a separate note I saw a while back you were predicting Jeffrey Wright to win. I was wondering if you’re still considering him and for what reasons why (out of interest).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I’m going out and predict an Esposito upset in Supporting Actor. Does he not have enough passion? He’s nominated in Guest Drama Actor and he’s the only BCS actor who managed a nomination this time around. A black actor has also never won that category, and in this particular year, history could be made. I think he can pull it off, tbh.

I’m 100% with you on this. Plus, they wouldn’t be voting for BCS but Gus Fring as a whole. Esposito definitely has an advantage here over many others in this category. I’m still bitter about his loss to Aaron Paul in 2012.

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Harriet Walter winning G. Actress because if she wins I think that helps Strong and Culkin win as it would mean voters are voting based on both seasons.

I had Walter up until the prediction center closed, but I ultimately switched to Jones. I’d love nothing more than a Walter victory, though. I think a Cromwell wins proves your point, regardless. Plus he had better material in Season 1 than Walter did.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

An Esposito win could do so much and check many boxes–history made for this category, redemption for the “Better Call Saul” snubs, makeup for the “Breaking Bad” loss, veteran career acknowledgement, and recognition for the year he’s had with this and “The Mandalorian.” Past Emmy winners have won for much less going for them than this.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

*tears*

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Esposito is always going to be deserving in that role he’s brilliant.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think it’s winning Sound Mixing and Actress but it would be ironic if Ozark gets shut out for it’s best season despite winning 2 awards for its second season…

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

That would be awesome. He’s been KILLING it since the 80’s and should have been recognized already

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

please, majority of us literally have been sitting here eating our food the entire time. when you post constantly to the point where it clogs multiple threads and doesn’t add much to the conversation, it’s considered spam. calling it out is not bullying nor did anyone attempt to do so, majority of us just want things to be toned down that’s all.

It’s cute that in an online forum you can know what the majority of people think, do you have a side forum where you took a poll?

when you post sassy Black GIFs constantly to the point where it clogs multiple threads is just offensive and tropey because you can’t you your words and doesn’t add much to the conversation, it’s considered spam.

Yes s/he posts a lot but it’s never rude and always inclusive. Let people have a hobby. I see you posting so maybe you need to heal yourself.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Fuuuck she really did a poll. What a joke.

@Wolfali I appreciate your input, you obviously love this stuff and when you changed your avatar from Laura Linney I was more on board (it was hard to look at her face all the time).

To the four peple (SILENT MAJORITY!) who Regina King George-d Wolfali, enjoy your day and may your predictions suffer a fatal glitch five minutes before the ceremony.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s cute that in an online forum you can know what the majority of people think, do you have a side forum where you took a poll? when you post sassy Black GIFs constantly to the point where it clogs multiple threads is just offensive and tropey because you can’t you your words and doesn’t add much to the conversation, it’s considered spam. Yes s/he posts a lot but it’s never rude and always inclusive. Let people have a hobby. I see you posting so maybe you need to heal yourself.

Honestly what I found the most ironic about babygirl’s post is how they think I’m complaining or calling anything bullying when I literally have only responded to this whole debacle by saying thank you to forwardswill for posting that message.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that posting stats is seen as more problematic than users using digital blackface (ironically some of the users who spammed the previous thread with Mean Girls gifs are the worst offenders and have claimed on several occasions that digital blackface does not exist and have not been banned from this site).

Honestly I wouldn’t go as strong as forwardswill and Rachel and say it’s bullying it’s just idiocy and people stuck in the olden days thinking sassiness online is still a trend.

P.S. Yeah with regard to Linney –> Piper I always just change my pfp to the performance I am stanning at the moment. Will probably go to Vanessa Kirby soon lol.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Anyway in real life drama of substance, RIP Ruth Bader-Ginsburg, notoroious RBG.

An inspiration to this this little Jewish Australian girl for life.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Anyway in real life drama of substance, RIP Ruth Bader-Ginsburg, notoroious RBG. An inspiration to this this little Jewish Australian girl for life.

Screw 2020. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.