Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 252 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just am waiting for this disaster of 2020 to end.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

when you post sassy Black GIFs constantly to the point where it clogs multiple threads is just offensive and tropey because you can’t you your words and doesn’t add much to the conversation, it’s considered spam.

your obsession with black people is DISTURBING, seeing how majority of your posts are meltdowns over black actors that are in contention of winning and I personally think that’s something the mods should look at but let’s stay on topic. I’m literally black myself, I’m not gonna sit here and be accused of “digital blackface” by you and @wolfali just because I use gifs with black people in it. ridiculous.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Honestly what I found the most ironic about babygirl’s post is how they think I’m complaining or calling anything bullying when I literally have only responded to this whole debacle by saying thank you to forwardswill for posting that message.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that posting stats is seen as more problematic than users using digital blackface (ironically some of the users who spammed the previous thread with Mean Girls gifs are the worst offenders and have claimed on several occasions that digital blackface does not exist and have not been banned from this site).

Honestly I wouldn’t go as strong as forwardswill and Rachel and say it’s bullying it’s just idiocy and people stuck in the olden days thinking sassiness online is still a trend.

P.S. Yeah with regard to Linney –> Piper I always just change my pfp to the performance I am stanning at the moment. Will probably go to Vanessa Kirby soon lol.

How about you just mind your own business? Like, you just accused a black woman of doing blackface. And from what I was told you are not even black. That speaks volumes on how out of line your posts are. Focus your energy on something else, preferably a therapist.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fuck it Final Predictions

SERIES: Succession
    ACTRESS: Laura Linney (Zendaya)
    ACTOR: Jeremy Strong (Jason Bateman)
    S. ACTRESS: Sarah Snook (Helena Bonham Carter)
    S. ACTOR : Kieran Culkin (Giancarlo Esposito)
    WRITING : Succession
    DIRECTING : Succession

Final Projected Emmys Per Show (including those won at the Creative Arts) :

10 – Succession
    6 – The Mandalorian
    3 – Stranger Things
    2 – The Crown, Euphoria, Ozark
    1 – Better Call Saul, The Handmaid’s Tale
    0 – Big Little Lies, Homeland, Killing Eve, The Morning Show, Westworld

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I must have missed a lot today, but it seems like there were some immature actions that have taken place in this thread. Goldderby should be a place where people can have fun discussions about different aspects of entertainment. It was very fun at one point and sometimes the comments of others can suck the air out of the room.

There is a lot going on in this world and the last thing that we need is to have a fun place turn into a bad one.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Fuck it

So you are going around trying to police the whole forum and when you are being blatantly racist the only answer you come up with is “Fuck it“? Honestly disgusting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

How about you just mind your own business?

Hmm I am supposed to mind my own business when babygirl opens up the conversation from the previous thread that no one else was even thinking about.

Maybe this comment should be directed elsewhere?

If you’re so bothered about what users post on here there’s an ignore button you know. A button which I shall be pressing as soon as I finish typing this because I’d like to end this stupidity that has arisen from the last two pages of gifs of the previous thread.

out of line your posts are. Focus your energy on something else, preferably a therapist.

This was uncalled for.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“Fuck it“? Honestly disgusting.

I’m saying fuck it in reference to my predictions because I was posting my final predictions.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Hmm I am supposed to mind my own business when babygirl opens up the conversation from the previous thread that no one else was even thinking about.

Maybe this comment should be directed elsewhere?

If you’re so bothered about what users post on here there’s an ignore button you know. A button which I shall be pressing as soon as I finish typing this because I’d like to end this stupidity that has arisen from the last two pages of gifs of the previous thread.

You are still not apologizing when its the only thing you should be doing. Again, you just accused a black woman of doing blackface. You do need a therapist, indeed.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

The ignore button is there for a reason. I’d suggest you both use it.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Did Wolfali know she was black?

The ignore button is there for a reason. I suggest you both use it.

even if he didn’t, you shouldn’t assume someone’s race and accuse of them of doing blackface. and i would use the ignore button if posts didn’t completely disappear every time i refresh a page.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I agree about the ignore button because this is getting out of hand.

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

I know it probably won’t happen but I’m seeing more and more predictions released of people saying The Mandalorian is winning… can someone please give a convincing explanation of why that probably won’t happen so that I can sleep peacefully tonight?

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

The ignore button is there for a reason. I’d suggest you both use it.

The website, sadly, works badly once you add someone to the ignore list. Threads don’t load properly.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know it probably won’t happen but I’m seeing more and more predictions released of people saying The Mandalorian is winning… can someone please give a convincing explanation of why that probably won’t happen so that I can sleep peacefully tonight?

No show in recent times (or ever if I’m not mistaken) has won Drama Series without a single nomination at the main ceremony or without a writing, directing AND casting nomination.

Succession has this in the bag. It deservingly has the most support of any show and everything seems to be too small this year to beat it (a bit like when Ozark and Killing Eve lost to GoT in 2019).

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.