Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 252 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I know it probably won’t happen but I’m seeing more and more predictions released of people saying The Mandalorian is winning… can someone please give a convincing explanation of why that probably won’t happen so that I can sleep peacefully tonight?

It is not winning. The Mandalorian is just a tech-filled show winning the technical categories, nothing unexpected about that.

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Some of you are about to be gone from Gold Derby if you don’t get your act together quickly. And you know who you are. One more troublesome comment from any of you will be the last.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think considering how she dressed up as Shiv for that article Julia Garner probably voted for Snook and Succession too lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

What if Fiona Shaw actually wins this? I am not predicting her, but Fiona would not be a bad winner.

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

I think considering how she dressed up as Shiv for that article Julia Garner probably voted for Snook and Succession too lol.

Considering Julia had a couple of Instagram posts about the Emmy noms and FYC ads for Ozark in LA, I think she still probably voted for her own show haha. But I think she won’t be too unhappy if Succession wins on Sunday.

Also thanks to everyone for the replies about The Mandalorian! I thought I was going crazy seeing the weird articles about how it was easily going to take some sort of “surprise win” on Sunday and shock everyone but now I can sleep easy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think old men would vote for her based on her character.

I understand this but then who will they vote for? I don’t see a single performer apart from MAYBE HBC or Streep? It’s not like any of the other characters appeal to old mean either.

Can I say (and I absolutely love Succession and I enjoy watching Schitt’s Creek) how ironic it is that on the Limited side the TV Academy is awarding a show that explores racial justice in a bold and innovative way that has become prescient because of the times we’re living in but then in Comedy and Drama Series they’ll be awarding two shows about entitled wealthy and greedy white people (who happen to be more multi-faceted than one could expect at first glance).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

I understand this but then who will they vote for? I don’t see a single performer apart from MAYBE HBC or Streep? It’s not like any of the other characters appeal to old mean either. Can I say (and I absolutely love Succession and I enjoy watching Schitt’s Creek) how ironic it is that on the Limited side the TV Academy is awarding a show that explores racial justice in a bold and innovative way that has become prescient because of the times we’re living in but then in Comedy and Drama Series they’ll be awarding two shows about entitled wealthy and greedy white people (who happen to be more multi-faceted than one could expect at first glance).

Well, at least for Succession, the show is a satire meant to show how horrible and miserable the top 1% white elites are and make fun of them (L to the OG, never forget). Plus, one could say it’s timely in a different way because of its criticisms of the dynastic families that control the media like Fox News (basically the Murdochs). The amount of tweets I saw during the RNC this year making connections between the Roy family and the Trump family speaks for itself.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well, at least for Succession, the show is a satire meant to show how horrible and miserable the top 1% white elites are and make fun of them (L to the OG, never forget). Plus, one could say it’s timely in a different way because of its criticisms of the dynastic families that control the media like Fox News (basically the Murdochs). The amount of tweets I saw during the RNC this year making connections between the Roy family and the Trump family speaks for itself.

Yeah I know I just find it funny.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly if HBC, Crudup, Shalhoub and Borstein end up winning then I think no one can underestimate the significance of a supporting performance winning or getting nominated at SAG anymore.

I actually don’t mind Fiona winning. Everyone apart from Samira Wiley (who would be deserving if she was in guest actress) would be a deserving winner this year.

Would be hilarious if after months fighting on the acting categories if they just went for Comer, Porter and Garner again.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Makes sense.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

unlike HBC’s, but she still has that SAG nom.

And also whatever anyone’s view is on her performance (I quite enjoyed it but I don’t mind if she wins or loses) it is worth pointing out the relationship between The Crown‘s performance at SAG and at the Emmys. I mean when Foy won SAG for season 2 people didn’t think she would win the Emmy and she did. John Lithgow made history winning SAG and won the Emmy. Sure Helena didn’t win SAG but she was up against the titan that is Aniston and is the only S. Actress that has actually been nominated at each precursor (SAG, GG, CC). Sure this doesn’t mean she’s necessarily winning (she can still easily lose) but her winter awards record shouldn’t be something we overlook when making predictions. Especially when it is arguable her losses at SAG, GG and CC could have only helped her overdue narrative with voters.

That being said I’m predicting and rooting for Sarah.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

What I love about Succession is that I truly have to read subtitles to keep up and there isn’t the “who dies next” anticipation that many shows today have. There isn’t gruesome murder or explicit nudity used for shock value. Succession could have been released in any decade and it would be watchable. I hope it wins Drama Series.

-My opinion.

Profile picture
    snowmobile
    Topics:

Yeah same I gotta turn the subtitles on so I don’t missed out on all the good bits. Hope it wins writing, series, and at least one acting category

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Here’s to a repeat for Whitford & Wiley.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.