Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 252 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Rachel
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I just realized that if Ozark doesn’t win a single Emmy it will break Mad Men’s season 5 record of having the most nominations without a single win.

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

I just realized that if Ozark doesn’t win a single Emmy it will break Mad Men’s season 5 record of having the most nominations without a single win.

Greeeeaaaattttt. 😣😅

The idea of The Morning Show getting more Emmys than Ozark this year is just too painful.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Culkin was entertaining but I felt like the writers went a tab but overboard with every sentence being a joke. I preferred him in season 1.

That is not true, the last episodes of season 2 are precisely about the fact that he feels tired of being seen like that, so he is much more serious, silent and even braver. And also, Tom is not bulling people just cause Logan and Shiv are bulling him sometimes, he clearly has inferiority complex and enjoys to abuse people that he feels are inferior to him, he is a power hungry asshole with zero morals… Yeah, he loves Shiv and feels hurt by her, but would have he loved her without her power and money? I doubt it…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hmm Bledel’s Emmy loss has made me comfortable in not predicting Whitford and Wiley to win.

Although interesting some experts (or at least one) have Whitford to win.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Ozark had the most buzzed season and is gonna lose everything lmfao

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

I find it hard to believe Ozark would actually go 0 for 18 (or maybe I’m in denial). Not only did it have an acclaimed season, but it came out at the perfect time right as quarantine started, so it would be pretty sad if it couldn’t even take advantage of that plus all of its FYC campaigning.

I think it could win either Directing or Lead Actress (still trying to manifest a Linney win, though I would be extremely excited by a Zendaya win as well). Maybe not both just because it seems kind of weak so far but I wouldn’t count it out for a win or a couple of wins tomorrow.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I don’t think Ozark is done.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I do wonder if those two wins for Ozark last year were only because of vote splitting though. (Garner was deserving either way)

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

It was an incredibly competitive line-up, with juggernaut Succession’s momentum and The Mandalorian’s overperformance. Though I’m sure it’ll be pretty damn embarrassing if Ozark get skunked, cooler heads will hopefully understand that their submission strategy set them up for disappointment in some ways. I was actually surprised the cinematography category is broken down by length of time versus genre, though they might have still lost to someone else.

Maybe it encourages them to up the ante for the final season, though I don’t know what that might look like. Plus, there are people who will never give Ozark a proper shot, no matter what they do.

At this point, I won’t be shocked if Aniston wins.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gosh how I’m going to be emulating Glenn’s facial expression tomorrow when they announce weird winners here and there.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

That is not true, the last episodes of season 2 are precisely about the fact that he feels tired of being seen like that, so he is much more serious, silent and even braver. And also, Tom is not bulling people just cause Logan and Shiv are bulling him sometimes, he clearly has inferiority complex and enjoys to abuse people that he feels are inferior to him, he is a power hungry asshole with zero morals… Yeah, he loves Shiv and feels hurt by her, but would have he loved her without her power and money? I doubt it…

What about the human foot stool? That was a sign that he abused people under him.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

The only repeating factor in all Guest acting winners since voting system changed is that they come from beloved and adored shows by the factors – SNL and Maisel for Comedy and This is us and The Handmaid’s Tale for Drama. Today we saw three of those shows win again. So this acting win for Succession might be really huge.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Tom’s not a good person. He’s smug, power hungry, and willing to shit on anyone below him. But he’s also second only to Kendall in terms of sheer miserableness of the show’s characters, so he’s sympathetic.

I’d say, while I don’t find any of them to be good people, I have varying degrees of sympathy for all the characters on the show. Even Logan, as he still has a noticeable human vulnerability despite being downright monstrous. Dear God, the man got abused so badly as a kid that his back is still riddled with scars decades later.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

Dear god… From https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53696863

Speaking to BBC Breakfast earlier this week, Succession actor Brian Cox said nominees had been told Emmy producers would send staff to personally deliver trophies to the winners in their homes.

“There’s going to be a man standing outside the door with an Emmy, which I may not win!” said the star, who is nominated for best drama actor. “Every Emmy nominee – there’ll be a man standing outside their house.”

These poor nominees! 😅

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

Omg wow. I guess the Television Academy produced a lot of trophies.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.