Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Episode Submissions (Official List)

Emmys 2020 Episode Submissions (Official List)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 486 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Chris Beachum
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

I’m hoping the following nominees submit the following episodes

COMEDY ACTRESS:
    Linda Cardellini (“Dead to Me”) – “It’s Not You, It’s Me”
    Tracee Ellis Ross (“Black-ish”) – “Feminisn’t”

COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
    Marin Hinkle (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”) – “It’s the Sixties, Man!”
    Yvonne Orji (“Insecure”) – “Lowkey Trippin'”

DRAMA ACTRESS:
    Jennifer Aniston (“The Morning Show”) – “Chaos Is the New Cocaine”

DRAMA ACTOR:
    Steve Carell (“The Morning Show”) – “Lonely at the Top”
    Billy Porter (“Pose”) – “Love’s In Need of Love Today”

DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
    Helena Bonham Carter (“The Crown”) – “Cri de Coeur”

DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Billy Crudup (“The Morning Show”) – “A Seat at the Table”

MOVIE/LIMITED SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
    Uzo Aduba (“Mrs. America”) – “Shirley”
    Toni Collette (“Unbelievable”) – “Episode 6”
    Margo Martindale (“Mrs. America”) – “Bella”
    Holland Taylor (“Hollywood”) – “Jump”
    Tracey Ullman (“Mrs. America”) – “Betty”

MOVIE/LIMITED SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Dylan McDermott (“Hollywood”) – “Hooray for Hollywood: Part 1”
    Jim Parsons (“Hollywood”) – “Hooray for Hollywood: Part 2”

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Catherine O’Hara had much better options to choose from than that. Baffling decision.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

I never seen people turn against Olivia so fast in 1 year. Last year y’all were rooting her as the dark horse for that Oscar. Now y’all think her performance on the crown was underwhelming because of that Oscar hype and are now rooting her to lose while at the same time complaining that she submitted the wrong episode. Isn’t this what you want for Olivia to lose so Laura can win?and you guys say tape doesn’t matter. Y’all need to make up your mind if you love or hate her

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

People rooted for her to win the Oscar because she was actually terrific in The Favourite. Then, inevitably, people already overhyped The Crown S3 before it started so that many were left disappointed once it aired. There is nothing wrong with not being overly impressed by her work on the show. And it has little to do with her Oscar win, perhaps more so with the fact that her predecessor gave an undeniable performance. Also, you can love one performance an actor gives but not love another, so no one needs to make up his or her mind. People aren’t “complaining” about the tape but are rather baffled that she’d go for an episode in which she isn’t the focus, which isn’t a good look when you’re supposed to be the leading actress.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vanti Mbusiswa
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I think Coleman submitted correctly. Aberfan is a more historical retelling as an episode, not a character showcase.</p>

Fully agree. I’ll add that Aberfan is not an acting showcase either. For anyone.  An emotional episode yes, but not because of acting. The technical aspects of the episode (directing, writing, cinematography, production design, musical compositions and Sound design) overpower everything else.  It would’ve been a waste of a submission for Colman, she really does absolutely nothing worthy of consideration for an award there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I love how there is such a debate over whether she should have submitted an episode with zero tears or an episode with one tear.

Zero tears?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Is it a one-one draw then?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vice Wicked
    Topics:

Fully agree. I’ll add that Aberfan is not an acting showcase either. For anyone. An emotional episode yes, but not because of acting. The technical aspects of the episode (directing, writing, cinematography, production design, musical compositions and Sound design) overpower everything else. It would’ve been a waste of a submission for Colman, she really does absolutely nothing worthy of consideration for an award there.

I agree that Aberfan is more of a technical showcase. But the restraint that Colman has achieved in that episode especially with the talked-about “one tear” is a performance that very few actors can do. really, it takes a real talent to achieve that teardrop synchronized with the direction and the moment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Clarage
    Topics:

Some people think the more you cry the more you are award- worthy, crying is overated and Colman knows it

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jesse
    Topics:

I think it’s interesting that there’s been multiple posts (mainly about Whitford and Colman) that heavily criticize a submission because there’s limited focus/screen time yet acknowledging that the submission does in fact have the actor’s best moments. Ideally, an actor’a single best moment of a season would come in an episode where they’re the focus and have the most screen time, but shows aren’t written for Emmy submissions. Not everyone can be Laura Linney, so I respect actors that will choose based on the moments they’re most proud of instead of the choice with most range/screen time that the Gold Derby forums insist you must choose.

Also, the attitude here that the actors Care THAT much about submissions is a bit ridiculous. There’s networks and PR people in so many cases. Unlike most of us in these forums, they actually have lives lo

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I think it’s interesting that there’s been multiple posts (mainly about Whitford and Colman) that heavily criticize a submission because there’s limited focus/screen time yet acknowledging that the submission does in fact have the actor’s best moments.

To be fair, it’s because when these submissions used to actually matter it was range, screentime and baity material that seemed to win people Emmys. So it is understandable that many still judge the episodes chosen by these criteria.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I agree that Aberfan is more of a technical showcase. But the restraint that Colman has achieved in that episode especially with the talked-about “one tear” is a performance that very few actors can do. really, it takes a real talent to achieve that teardrop synchronized with the direction and the moment.

And so many more. This isn’t a rarity. Actors do this all the time on the big and small screens — so much so that it’s actually become a trope (look it up). A show that is usually (brilliantly) subtle, The Crown should have been a bit more subtle than it was with this moment. The extreme close-up and dramatic score, I feel, didn’t capture Colman’s work in that scene particularly well.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

2:20 This little legend could do it. Love that for her!

https://youtu.be/HikUWF1OYBQ

unjustly snubbed this year

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Lol and Sterling K. Brown does this literally all the time. I just can’t believe we spent two pages talking about Olivia Colman’s tear I have to laugh…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 486 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.