Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Episode Submissions (Official List)

Emmys 2020 Episode Submissions (Official List)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 492 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Chris Beachum
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

MacFadyen is amazing in the finale. The scene on the beach talking to Shiv about his unhappiness is incredible. If tapes still matter, Braun also submitting the same episode would actually help MacFadyen’s odds IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

If anything it’s Cousin Greg who should change his submission lol.

I wonder what Snook will submit. (DC?)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

MacFadyen was amazing in the finale. The scene on the beach with Shiv talking about his unhappiness was incredible. If tapes still matter, Braun also submitting the same episode would actually help MacFadyen’s odds IMO.

Macfadyen definitely submitted much better than Succession’s other supporting actors.

Let’s Go Bucks

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

The beach scene is great indeed but I would vote for him just for this one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

It makes sense when you remember the finale is the most popular episode. They probably think that associating themselves with it makes them more visible. Also, while Safe Room would’ve been better, he’s excellent in the finale.

I understand what you’re saying. I do agree he was amazing in the finale but since Braun had already submitted that, I wanted Matthew to go with “Safe Room”. I loved him in that and he was my MVP. I just want him to win.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Macfadyen’s winning tape!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Macfadyen is coming for HIS emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

The beach scene is great indeed but I would vote for him just for this one.

It was glorious after him sucking up to Logan for such a long time.

“He ate my fucking chicken!!” Lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/emmys-2020-episodes-yahya-abul-mateen-ii-jovan-adepo-tituss-burgess-louis-gossett-jr-dylan-mcdermott-jim-parsons/

Perfect submissions across the board! I’m rooting for Tituss Burgess, but I won’t be upset if Yahya or Dylan upset.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/billy-porter-pose-emmys-2020-episode-submission-revealed/

When this episode aired last summer, I predicted this would be his submission. Glad to know I was right!

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/jennifer-aniston-the-morning-show-emmys-2020-episode-submission-revealed/

Why did Jen submit the pilot when “Chaos Is the New Cocaine” was her best tape this season? Where I was confident with her winning before, Laura, Zendaya, and Jodie are definite threats now.

FYC 2021 Oscars: Jennifer Hudson (Respect), Viola Davis (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)

FYC 2021 Grammys: Ledisi (Trad. R&B Perf. - "Anything For You")

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

Why did Jen submit the pilot when “Chaos Is the New Cocaine” was her best tape this season? Where I was confident with her winning before, Laura, Zendaya, and Jodie are definite threats now.

I think it was a very smart choice on her part to submit the pilot. I just rewatched the whole season again out of boredom and it’s definitely the episode that lets her display a strong amount of range. “The Pendulum Swings” would have been a good selection as well.
    Her board room scene in episode 3 is incredible but it focuses more on Witherspoon’s character than I remembered.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/tracee-ellis-ross-black-ish-emmys-2020-episode-submission-revealed/

Tracee is her own worst enemy. She’s terrible at choosing submissions, with the exception being “Being Bow-Racial” in 2017. (I maintain she should’ve won the Comedy Actress that year.) In 2016, she submitted “Sink or Swim” over “Churched,” “Black Nanny,” and “The Leftovers.” 2018 still puzzles me. Tracee had “Mother Nature,” “Working Girl,” and “Bow Knows” to choose from, yet she submitted “Elder Scam.” Now, she’s submitted “Kid Life Crisis” (WTF?) when “Feminisn’t” was right there.

I’m starting to think Tracee just picks randomly her episodes. I mean: why?

I don’t know why the Academy bothers wasting a nomination on her at this point.

FYC 2021 Oscars: Jennifer Hudson (Respect), Viola Davis (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

I think it was a very smart choice on her part to submit the pilot. I just rewatched the whole season again out of boredom and it’s definitely the episode that lets her display a strong amount of range. “The Pendulum Swings” would have been a good selection as well. Her board room scene in episode 3 is incredible but it focuses more on Witherspoon’s character than I remembered.

I understand Jen’s strategy in submitting the pilot, but it’s no match for Episode 3. “The Pendulum Swings” would not have made a good submission for anyone, so I’m glad she didn’t submit that one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

If Sarah submit this is not for tears then I’m done with the succession cast. They are all basic af choosing the same episode

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

Macfadyen’s best work was in This is Not For Tears. Braun’s submission makes no sense. I thought Culkin was great in Tern Haven. Strong should have gone with Return. Snook should definitely go with DC.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.