Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Episode Submissions (Official List)

Emmys 2020 Episode Submissions (Official List)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 486 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Chris Beachum
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I know I’m probably the only one that cares about this award and that it’s based on an episode submission. However, ugh, I really think Trevor Noah should take Variety Talk Show this year, if not just for being the most up-to-date during this COVID quarantine. His Daily Social Distancing Show has kept me afloat during this whole thing and John Oliver is barely on. But we all know who’ll win. This award really should’ve been between Trevor and Seth Meyers this year IMO. But this is also coming from someone that lives in the United States, and I get that a good portion of voters are not US citizens so yeah, congrats John Oliver, AGAIN.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jesse
    Topics:

This award really should’ve been between Trevor and Seth Meyers this year IMO.

THIS!!! I love both these shows as well as John Oliver’s, but these two managed to remain consistent and relevant in a way Oliver didn’t. As a South African I’m watching mainly through YouTube, and hope Trevor pulls through.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

Sarah sweetie you should’ve submitted tern haven or dc. This episode ain’t it

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    genericsitcom
    Topics:

This award really should’ve been between Trevor and Seth Meyers this year IMO. 

AGREED! Trevor has been fabulous throughout quarantine. He really deserves the Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Trevor Noah has finally found his voice in the quarantine. Silver lining, I guess, of all of this sadness. Slow Emmy voters will need another cycle or two to catch up to him, though, so Oliver again for the sweep.

Snook, Braun, and MacFayden all had better tapes to choose from. I also would have dropped “The Summer Palace” & “Vaulter” from the series lineup. Oh wells.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Rooting for Trevor Noah!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

He’s hopefully at the very least second this year!

He sadly won’t be overcoming John Oliver (who is sadly not as deserving as Trevor this year)!!!!!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moonshadow
    Topics:

Outstanding Actor in a Short Form Comedy or Drama Series
    Mamoudou Athie (“Oh Jerome, No (Cake)”) – “Totally Phony”
    Laurence Fishburne (“#FreeRayshawn”) – “Face to Face”
    Corey Hawkins (“Survive”) – “What Does This Say About You?”
    Stephan James (“#FreeRayshawn”) – “Face to Face”
    Christoph Waltz (“Most Dangerous Game”) – “A Ship Is Safe Only in Port”

Outstanding Actress in a Short Form Comedy or Drama Series
    Jasmine Cephas Jones (“#FreeRayshawn”) – “They All Want Me Dead, Don’t They?”
    Anna Kendrick (“Dummy”) – “Plus Size Plus One”
    Kerri Kenney-Silver (“Reno 911!”) – “Truckee River Revenge”
    Kaitlin Olson (“Flipped”) – “Creative Difference”
    Rain Valdez (“Razor Tongue”) – “Episode 2: Overqualified”

Outstanding Short Form Comedy or Drama Series
    “Better Call Saul Employee Training: Legal Ethics with Kim Wexler” (AMC) – “Marketing,” “Civility,” “Self-Care,” “Strategic Alliances,” “Conflicts of Interest,” “Client Privilege”
    “The Good Place Presents: The Selection” (NBC) – “Part 1: The Mission,” “Part 2: The Candidates,” “Part 3: The Takeout Order,” “Part 4: The Storm Out,” “Part 5: The Talk,” “Part 6: The Solution”
    “Most Dangerous Game” (Quibi) – “The Offer,” “The Motivation,” “The Rules,” “The Acceptance,” “The Start,” “Wash Hands After Using”
    “Reno 911!” (Quibi) – “Meet Jeffy,” “Concealed Carry Fashion Show,” “TT’s Auntie’s Funeral,” “Let’s Shoot at a White Guy, Parts 1 & 2,” “Big Mike’s Rocket Rascal”
    “Star Trek: Short Treks” (CBS) – “Q&A,” “The Trouble with Edward,” “Ask Not,” “Ephraim and Dot,” “The Girl Who Made the Stars,” “Children of Mars”

Outstanding Short Form Nonfiction or Reality Series
    “Between the Scenes – The Daily Show” (Comedy Central) – “Bloomberg and The Legacy of Stop-and-Frisk”
    “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee Presents: Pandemic Video Diaries” (TBS) – “Episode 1: Wait, What Happened?!”
    “National Geographic Presents Cosmos: Creating Possible Worlds” (National Geographic) – “Carl Sagan, The Soul of Cosmos”
    “Pose: Identity, Family, Community” (FX) – “Violence Against the Community”
    “RuPaul’s Drag Race: Out of the Closet” (VH1) – “Jan!”

Outstanding Short Form Variety Series
    “Beeing at Home with Samantha Bee” (TBS) – “Sam Gets Into Survival Mode”
    “Between Two Ferns with Zack Galifianakis: The Movie, Sorta Uncut Interviews” (Netflix) – “David Letterman”
    “Carpool Karaoke: The Series” (Apple TV+) – “Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp & Sadie Sink”
    “Jimmy Kimmel’s Quarantine Minilogues” (ABC) – “Stupid People, Sex Guidelines & Bill Burr”
    “The Randy Rainbow Show” (YouTube) – “A Spoonful of Clorox”

Outstanding Children’s Program
    “The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance” (Netflix) – “The First Thing I Remember,” “A Single Piece Was Lost”
    “Star Wars: Resistance” (Disney Channel) – “The Escape, Parts 1 & 2”
    We Are the Dream: The Kids of the Oakland MLK Oratorical Fest

Outstanding Hosted Nonfiction Series or Special
    “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” (Netflix) – “Eddie Murphy: I Just Wanted to Kill”
    “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” (A&E) – “Waiting for Justice”
    “Ugly Delicious” (Netflix) – “Kids Menu”
    “Vice” (Showtime) – “Keepers of the Caliphate & SIM Kids”
    “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” (Disney+) – “Bikes”

Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Series
    “American Masters” (PBS) – “Terrence McNally: Every Act of Life”
    “Hillary” (Hulu) – “The Hardest Decision”
    “The Last Dance” (ESPN) – “Episode 1”
    “McMillion$” (HBO) – “Episode 1”
    “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness” (Netflix) – “Make America Exotic Again”

Outstanding Structured Reality Program
    “Antiques Roadshow” (PBS) – “Bonanzaville, Hour 1”
    “Love Is Blind” (Netflix) – “First Night Together”
    “Queer Eye” (Netflix) – “Disabled But Not Really”
    “Shark Tank” (ABC) – “Episode 1101”
    “A Very Brady Renovation” (HGTV) – “Honey, We’re Home!”

Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program
    “Amy Schumer Learns to Cook” (Food Network) – “Lunch Break and Pasta Night”
    “Cheer” (Netflix) – “Daytona”
    “Kevin Hart: Don’t F**k This Up” (Netflix) – “Don’t Be a B***h”
    “RuPaul’s Drag Race: Untucked” (VH1) – “The Ball Ball”
    “We’re Here” (HBO) – “Gettysburg, Pennsylvania”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moonshadow
    Topics:

Worth noting that Jasmine Cephas Jones appears in about 30 seconds of her submitted episode, which has a 10-minute runtime. She speaks a single line that’s only three words. She had other options and it seems likely this is the least screentime in a submission since Ellen Burstyn was nominated for Mrs. Harris.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    urideli
    Topics:

where we can find the submissions of “Writing for a Variety Series” categorie?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

If we were to do polls, I imagine that the frontrunners would be Christoph Waltz and Anna Kendrick for being the biggest names and in the highest-profile shows.  I am predicting Waltz and Jasmine Cephas Jones.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Imagine the Cephas Jones household on the night…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Vice Wicked
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/emmys-2020-episodes-yahya-abul-mateen-ii-jovan-adepo-tituss-burgess-louis-gossett-jr-dylan-mcdermott-jim-parsons/

When the voters watched Parsons’ submission, they’ll realize why the hell Joe Mantello wasn’t even nominated. If he got in then it would have been the perfect submission for him.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 486 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.