Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 170 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
thatnerdgreg
Riley Chow
  • estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want Jane Lapotaire to get nominated. I would also love to see Geraldine Chaplin get some love but my main priority is Jane. I really really hope she gets in!!! She deserves it and deserves to win!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES: The Crown (John Lithgow)– His Dark Materials (Andrew Scott) Stranger Things (Sean Astin, Rob Morgan, Paul Reiser)

These performances are more like snapshots. How dare Netflix and HBO?!

FYC BAFTA TV : Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years, His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Ruth Wilson, Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Charles Dance is Supporting?! I can understand Josh O’Connor being placed there but Charles?! He’s only in three episodes i think. And in one of them he’s basically a cameo…

About Lithgow i wouldn’t be surprised if he actaully got nominated. He’s a previous Supporting winner and considering Cherry Jones got nominated twice and even won for doing nothing, i think him being nominated wouldn’t be too left field.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Charles Dance is Supporting?!

OMG I did not know this.

Shame on Netflix.

FYC BAFTA TV : Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years, His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Ruth Wilson, Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess The Handmaid’s Tale is winning both Guest categories again.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Charles Dance is Supporting?! I can understand Josh O’Connor being placed there but Charles?! He’s only in three episodes i think. And in one of them he’s basically a cameo… About Lithgow i wouldn’t be surprised if he actaully got nominated. He’s a previous Supporting winner and considering Cherry Jones got nominated twice and even won for doing nothing, i think him being nominated wouldn’t be too left field.

Dance was listed in Guest in that original post, alongside Jacobi, Brown, and Lithgow. And he was in four episodes.
    The poster you responded to edited the list so that only the performances they were referring to popped up in the quote.

I disagree about Lithgow getting nominated. The other guest contenders are way more deserving. Yes, he’s a legend who won for the role, but he’s in this season for like less than three minutes. I think we should view Cherry Jones’ win as an exception, not the rule. She was likely helped by the current season airing around that time.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  thatnerdgreg.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  thatnerdgreg.
    ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG I did not know this. Shame on Netflix.

OMG HAHAHAHA!!! NO!!! NO!!! I don’t know if he is. I thought you were responding to Riley in a way that was really official he was supporting. I really really hope they submit him as a Guest. It’s were he belongs.

Dance was listed in Guest in that original post, alongside Jacobi, Brown, and Lithgow. And he was in four episodes. The poster you responded to edited the list so that only the performances they were referring to popped up in the quote. I disagree about Lithgow getting nominated. The other guest contenders are way more deserving. Yes, he’s a legend who won for the role, but he’s in this season for like less than three minutes. I think we should view Cherry Jones’ win as an exception, not the rule. She was likely helped by the current season airing around that time.

Thank you so much. I was so confused. I really thought Netflix was only submitting Lithgow as a Guest. That’s why i assumed they were campaigning Charles supporting. About Lithgow, i’m not predicting him and i don’t think he’ll get in, i was just saying that HE COULD HAPPEN. He won an Emmy for the same role in Supporting. Could be a farewell nomination. Cherry Jones also got nominated for the ‘first half’ of the second season (‘Baggage’) and she didn’t do anything worthy in that episode. Kelly Jenrette also got nominated for the same season and her submission was even worse. She was on screen for about two minutes and the only thing she did was asking June to leave her husband alone. That’s it. I still can’t believe Marisa Tomei got overlooked for those two nothing performances. So that’s why i said Lithgow could happen. By the way i just finished the season 2 of The Handmaids Tale. I’m currently catching up with the show. I’m about to start watching season 3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

A nom for John Lithgow – as much as I adore him in this role – would be lazy, lazier than rewarding Cherry Jones last year. And quite honestly, I don’t get why some people would seemingly be okay with that. If this were on Handmaid’s, everyone would say how ridiculous a nomination would be. Hopefully he has the decency to not submit, like he did for season 2. I’m going to say right now that Christoper Meloni is going to (undeservedly) win for Handmaid’s. It should be O.T., but whatever.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES: –

This is Us (Pamela Adlon, Marsha Stephanie Blake, Jennifer Morrison, Phylicia Rashad) 

And Alexandra Breckenridge and Caitlin Thompson.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

A nom for John Lithgow – as much as I adore him in this role – would be lazy, lazier than rewarding Cherry Jones last year

I disagree on this. At least Lithgow got to have a sincere heart to heart with real stakes given that he was about to die. Jones just had a bit more screentime but they were all so neutral.

Obviously he still shouldn’t be nominated.

(And having seen Jones’ episode from this year – he’s definitely more deserving than she will be when she gets nommed again)

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

A nom for John Lithgow – as much as I adore him in this role – would be lazy, lazier than rewarding Cherry Jones last year. And quite honestly, I don’t get why some people would seemingly be okay with that. If this were on Handmaid’s, everyone would say how ridiculous a nomination would be. Hopefully he has the decency to not submit, like he did for season 2. I’m going to say right now that Christoper Meloni is going to (undeservedly) win for Handmaid’s. It should be O.T., but whatever.

I wouldn’t be okay with him being nominated at all. I was only stating that his nomination wouldn’t be THAT crazy considering his past history with the role and other actors/actresses who got nominated for very insignificant performances. And tbh I managed to feel more with Lithgow three minutes performance than with both Cherry Jones nominations combined. But that’s just me.

I haven’t started watching season 3 of THT, so apart from Alexis Bledel, who do you think has the best shot at getting a Guest nomination? I really hope we get different winners this year. I’m must say that Alexis Bledel is surprising me a lot in the show and I’m pretty sure her win would be totally deserving but I just want winners from other shows. I’m tired of THT winning this categories. I hope Jane Lapotaire comes true with this. She’s really deserving and her performance broke my heart.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I disagree on this. At least Lithgow got to have a sincere heart to heart with real stakes given that he was about to die. Jones just had a bit more screentime but they were all so neutral. Obviously he still shouldn’t be nominated. (And having seen Jones’ episode from this year – he’s definitely more deserving than she will be when she gets nommed again)

Yeah a nom for Jones for S3 would be absolutely ridiculous. She did absolutely nothing. I was fine with her nod for “Holly” as she also had that sincere moment with Moss in the hospital, but for S3 – no thanks.

I wouldn’t be okay with him being nominated at all. I was only stating that his nomination wouldn’t be THAT crazy considering his past history with the role and other actors/actresses who got nominated for very insignificant performances. And tbh I managed to feel more with Lithgow three minutes performance than with both Cherry Jones nominations combined. But that’s just me. I haven’t started watching season 3 of THT, so apart from Alexis Bledel, who do you think has the best shot at getting a Guest nomination? I really hope we get different winners this year. I’m must say that Alexis Bledel is surprising me a lot in the show and I’m pretty sure her win would be totally deserving but I just want winners from other shows. I’m tired of THT winning this categories. I hope Jane Lapotaire comes true with this. She’s really deserving and her performance broke my heart.

Bledel delivers once more in S3, especially in the fourth episode. It’s a heartbreaking performance. But other than her, I think Jones is probably safe (although she doesn’t deserve it); Reaser is a past nominee but also not deserving; if they liked Bledel’s storyline, then Clea Duvall is a possibility; Julie Dretzin (who plays Whitford’s wife) is absolutely terrific and probably the most deserving after Bledel; and then there’s Ashleigh LaThrop who is not getting in because her character annoyed the hell out of everyone. In other words, I have no idea, lol.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Bledel delivers once more in S3, especially in the fourth episode. It’s a heartbreaking performance. But other than her, I think Jones is probably safe (although she doesn’t deserve it); Reaser is a past nominee but also not deserving; if they liked Bledel’s storyline, then Clea Duvall is a possibility; Julie Dretzin (who plays Whitford’s wife) is absolutely terrific and probably the most deserving after Bledel; and then there’s Ashleigh LaThrop who is not getting in because her character annoyed the hell out of everyone. In other words, I have no idea, lol.

That’s great news. She’s amazing in the show and tbh i think she’s very underrated in it. I don’t think people give her enough credit. Absolutely loved her performance in season 2, particularly in ‘Unwomen’ and ‘The Word’. I jumped out of my seat when she stabbed Aunt Lydia in the season 2 finale. I was clapping like a maniac. After Moss, she’s my favorite from the cast (with Strahovski a very close third).

Back to the Guest contenders, it seems i’ll have to watch the season and take my own conclusions. Like i said i love Alexis and i also like Samira Wiley a lot, but man Marisa Tomei really shocked me in ‘Unwomen’. I’m completely devastated and shocked that she was overlooked. Specially when Cherry Jones and Kelly Jenrette got nominated instead. No words for that crime. How is it possible for someone to think those two deserved more recognition than Tomei?! Ridiculous…

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

That’s great news. She’s amazing in the show and tbh i think she’s very underrated in it. I don’t think people give her enough credit. Absolutely loved her performance in season 2, particularly in ‘Unwomen’ and ‘The Word’. I jumped out of my seat when she stabbed Aunt Lydia in the season 2 finale. I was clapping like a maniac. After Moss, she’s my favorite from the cast (with Strahovski a very close third). Back to the Guest contenders, it seems i’ll have to watch the season and take my own conclusions. Like i said i love Alexis and i also like Samira Wiley a lot, but man Marisa Tomei really shocked me in ‘Unwomen’. I’m completely devastated and shocked that she was overlooked. Specially when Cherry Jones and Kelly Jenrette got nominated instead. No words for that crime. How is it possible for someone to think those two deserved more recognition than Tomei?! Ridiculous…

Bledel is terrific. I find Emily endlessly intriguing, and every single time she’s onscreen I’m automatically more invested in what’s happening. Her Emmy-winning performance in “Late” will be etched into my mind forever – truly spectacular.  And you’re right, “Unwomen” and “The Word” are amazing showcases as well; that scene in her room after the Aunt Lydia stabbing as well as the car scene are amazing. And as you’ll see, she continues to deliver stellar work in the third season! Tomei was great (especially in her final scene) and I, to this day, don’t get how Jenrette edged her out. Truly bizarre. But I do just love the cast. I know people in these forums like to dismiss their work, but it’s really one of the best ensembles currently on TV IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Gerald McRaney, “This Is Us”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.