Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 503 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
wolfali
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

J.K Simmons will guest in this week B99 episode.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Gerald McRaney, “This Is Us”

Yeah, he’s definitely getting in after that episode.

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

Whose the most likely guest contender? McCraney or Cephas Jones? Would Blackk be the best shot in guest if he goes that way?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Blackk and Jones don’t deserve to be in contention at all. Blackk earned that nom for WTSU, and I’d be extremely disappointed if they gave him another bid for this. Jones just pops up like twice and did nothing for me. But definitely bet on McRaney and Jones to get in.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Whose the most likely guest contender? McCraney or Cephas Jones?

Would Blackk be the best shot in guest if he goes that way?

Both of them. Jones had more sceeentime, but McRaney had more impact.

No. Blackk wouldn’t be the go-to guest actor option in my view.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Blackk and Jones don’t deserve to be in contention at all. Blackk earned that nom for WTSU, and I’d be extremely disappointed if they gave him another bid for this. Jones just pops up like twice and did nothing for me. But definitely bet on McRaney and Jones to get in.

I thought that Ron Cephas Jones had more to do in this episode than in his submission last year

Profile picture
    Snow
    Topics:

Since Westworld doesn’t have a clear guest actor as of right now, if Rodrigo Santoro is eligible, could HBO try to push him to grab that spot they had in s2?

FYC Emmy 2020:
    Laura Linney - Lead Actress in a Drama Series/ Julia Garner - Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
    Catherine O'hara - Lead Actress in a Comedy Series/ Annie Murphy - Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

A nom for John Lithgow – as much as I adore him in this role – would be lazy, lazier than rewarding Cherry Jones last year. And quite honestly, I don’t get why some people would seemingly be okay with that. If this were on Handmaid’s, everyone would say how ridiculous a nomination would be. Hopefully he has the decency to not submit, like he did for season 2. I’m going to say right now that Christoper Meloni is going to (undeservedly) win for Handmaid’s. It should be O.T., but whatever.

Jared Harris : Delivers one of the best performances on the show in Season 1 but is ineligible for Guest and is snubbed in Supporting.
    TV Academy : Meh
    Also Jared Harris : I appeared in a cameo in Season 2 pls give me my Emmy.
    Netflix : No
    John Lithgow : I’m just going to die in a 5 minute scene in season 3.
    Netflix & TV Academy : Emmy worthy!

I guess The Handmaid’s Tale is winning both Guest categories again.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah, the Crown isn’t taking both acting races. At least that’s what I’m predicting. If I end up being wrong, you can all laugh at me.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Sadly, I don’t think Jane Lapotaire will be nominated. It’s a shame because I can’t see how she’d lose if she was recognised.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I think she’ll get nominated. If they’re watching the show i don’t think it’s possible to pass on her. But perhaps it’s my wishful thinking speaking. I do however agree that her getting nominated is her biggest challenge cause if she does i do think she can be a huge threat.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

IMO it 100% depends on Netflix and who they campaign. Matthew Goode was pushed alongside the main cast. And most likely the same would have to happen for Lapotaire and any other guest star on the show. I guess I’m the only one who loved Chaplin more than Lapotaire.

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

Since Westworld doesn’t have a clear guest actor as of right now, if Rodrigo Santoro is eligible, could HBO try to push him to grab that spot they had in s2?

I like Santoro, but unless if he gets something big later on, I don’t think he’ll make it. His performance last episode was perfectly fine, but nothing remarkable.

Jared Harris : Delivers one of the best performances on the show in Season 1 but is ineligible for Guest and is snubbed in Supporting. TV Academy : Meh Also Jared Harris : I appeared in a cameo in Season 2 pls give me my Emmy. Netflix : No John Lithgow : I’m just going to die in a 5 minute scene in season 3. Netflix & TV Academy : Emmy worthy!

Such a shame he wasn’t guest eligible. He’d would’ve been a huge threat to win.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

IMO it 100% depends on Netflix and who they campaign. Matthew Goode was pushed alongside the main cast. And most likely the same would have to happen for Lapotaire and any other guest star on the show. I guess I’m the only one who loved Chaplin more than Lapotaire.

If Netflix is smart they should push her. After her performance, Lapotaire and Princess Alice got tons of articles and public attention. So I do think they’re going to push her.

I also liked Chaplin a lot but IMO Lapotaire was just outstanding every second of her performance. She was heartbreaking.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by estrelas.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by estrelas.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Another contender is Tim Matheson, “This Is Us”. 

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Guest Categories’ is closed to new replies.