Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 170 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
thatnerdgreg
Riley Chow
  • Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

J.K Simmons will guest in this week B99 episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Gerald McRaney, “This Is Us”

Yeah, he’s definitely getting in after that episode.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Whose the most likely guest contender? McCraney or Cephas Jones? Would Blackk be the best shot in guest if he goes that way?

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Blackk and Jones don’t deserve to be in contention at all. Blackk earned that nom for WTSU, and I’d be extremely disappointed if they gave him another bid for this. Jones just pops up like twice and did nothing for me. But definitely bet on McRaney and Jones to get in.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Whose the most likely guest contender? McCraney or Cephas Jones?

Would Blackk be the best shot in guest if he goes that way?

Both of them. Jones had more sceeentime, but McRaney had more impact.

No. Blackk wouldn’t be the go-to guest actor option in my view.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Blackk and Jones don’t deserve to be in contention at all. Blackk earned that nom for WTSU, and I’d be extremely disappointed if they gave him another bid for this. Jones just pops up like twice and did nothing for me. But definitely bet on McRaney and Jones to get in.

I thought that Ron Cephas Jones had more to do in this episode than in his submission last year

ReplyCopy URL
    Snow
    Participant
    Topics:

Since Westworld doesn’t have a clear guest actor as of right now, if Rodrigo Santoro is eligible, could HBO try to push him to grab that spot they had in s2?

Octavia Spencer rules

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

A nom for John Lithgow – as much as I adore him in this role – would be lazy, lazier than rewarding Cherry Jones last year. And quite honestly, I don’t get why some people would seemingly be okay with that. If this were on Handmaid’s, everyone would say how ridiculous a nomination would be. Hopefully he has the decency to not submit, like he did for season 2. I’m going to say right now that Christoper Meloni is going to (undeservedly) win for Handmaid’s. It should be O.T., but whatever.

Jared Harris : Delivers one of the best performances on the show in Season 1 but is ineligible for Guest and is snubbed in Supporting.
    TV Academy : Meh
    Also Jared Harris : I appeared in a cameo in Season 2 pls give me my Emmy.
    Netflix : No
    John Lithgow : I’m just going to die in a 5 minute scene in season 3.
    Netflix & TV Academy : Emmy worthy!

FYC BAFTA TV : Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years, His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Ruth Wilson, Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess The Handmaid’s Tale is winning both Guest categories again.

FYC BAFTA TV : Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years, His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Ruth Wilson, Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah, the Crown isn’t taking both acting races. At least that’s what I’m predicting. If I end up being wrong, you can all laugh at me.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Sadly, I don’t think Jane Lapotaire will be nominated. It’s a shame because I can’t see how she’d lose if she was recognised.

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I think she’ll get nominated. If they’re watching the show i don’t think it’s possible to pass on her. But perhaps it’s my wishful thinking speaking. I do however agree that her getting nominated is her biggest challenge cause if she does i do think she can be a huge threat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

IMO it 100% depends on Netflix and who they campaign. Matthew Goode was pushed alongside the main cast. And most likely the same would have to happen for Lapotaire and any other guest star on the show. I guess I’m the only one who loved Chaplin more than Lapotaire.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Since Westworld doesn’t have a clear guest actor as of right now, if Rodrigo Santoro is eligible, could HBO try to push him to grab that spot they had in s2?

I like Santoro, but unless if he gets something big later on, I don’t think he’ll make it. His performance last episode was perfectly fine, but nothing remarkable.

Jared Harris : Delivers one of the best performances on the show in Season 1 but is ineligible for Guest and is snubbed in Supporting. TV Academy : Meh Also Jared Harris : I appeared in a cameo in Season 2 pls give me my Emmy. Netflix : No John Lithgow : I’m just going to die in a 5 minute scene in season 3. Netflix & TV Academy : Emmy worthy!

Such a shame he wasn’t guest eligible. He’d would’ve been a huge threat to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

IMO it 100% depends on Netflix and who they campaign. Matthew Goode was pushed alongside the main cast. And most likely the same would have to happen for Lapotaire and any other guest star on the show. I guess I’m the only one who loved Chaplin more than Lapotaire.

If Netflix is smart they should push her. After her performance, Lapotaire and Princess Alice got tons of articles and public attention. So I do think they’re going to push her.

I also liked Chaplin a lot but IMO Lapotaire was just outstanding every second of her performance. She was heartbreaking.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.