Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 166 through 170 (of 170 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
thatnerdgreg
Riley Chow
  • estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

IMO it 100% depends on Netflix and who they campaign. Matthew Goode was pushed alongside the main cast. And most likely the same would have to happen for Lapotaire and any other guest star on the show. I guess I’m the only one who loved Chaplin more than Lapotaire.

If Netflix is smart they should push her. After her performance, Lapotaire and Princess Alice got tons of articles and public attention. So I do think they’re going to push her.

I also liked Chaplin a lot but IMO Lapotaire was just outstanding every second of her performance. She was heartbreaking.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Another contender is Tim Matheson, “This Is Us”. 

ReplyCopy URL
    MisterScones
    Participant
    Topics:

I know Brooklyn Nine-Nine only has one guest nomination despite its consistently terrific guest casting, but I could see J.K. Simmons getting a nomination for tonight’s episode. There’s definitely a bias in these categories toward the “bigger” names and J.K. Simmons is an Oscar winner and highly respected actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I know Brooklyn Nine-Nine only has one guest nomination despite its consistently terrific guest casting, but I could see J.K. Simmons getting a nomination for tonight’s episode. There’s definitely a bias in these categories toward the “bigger” names and J.K. Simmons is an Oscar winner and highly respected actor.

To this day I still don’t understand how Lin-Manuel Miranda missed for B99 last year. He got nominated for the past two years running and B99 finally got a nomination the previous year.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

To this day I still don’t understand how Lin-Manuel Miranda missed for B99 last year. He got nominated for the past two years running and B99 finally got a nomination the previous year.

It is worth noting that Lin Manuel was in bigger shows that have historically down better with actors those two years. I wouldn’t have nominated him for his work on SNL (though he was good), but I loved him on Curb Your Enthusiasm. I’d have given him the win.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 166 through 170 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.