Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 440 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Emmy FYC : Ye..
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel P. (gabspss)
    Topics:

Look out for Jane Krakowski in Curb! And I really doubt that Wanda’s almost cameo in TMMM will get her a nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Scream
    Topics:

Is a performer eligible for 2 noms in the same category?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Daniel.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Daniel.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

For guest they are

FYC Emmys-
    Limited- Quiz/ Unbelievable/ Years and Years

Drama-Big Little Lies/ The Crown/ Killing Eve/ The Morning Show
    Jennifer, Jodie, Sandra, Olivia & VIOLA DAVIS

Comedy- Schitts Creek/ Dead to Me- Christina Applegate, Catherine O’Hara, Suzy Nakamura, Annie Murphy, Dan Levy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

And I really doubt that Wanda’s almost cameo in TMMM will get her a nod.

Underestimate Maisel at your own risk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Look out for Jane Krakowski in Curb! And I really doubt that Wanda’s almost cameo in TMMM will get her a nod.

Syke’s shouldn’t be nominated, but the category is so damn empty is probably gonna happen, as she’s a big name on a show actors have completely embraced.

Krakowski was fun on Curb, but she didn’t really have all that much to do, and I don’t think the show is popular enough with actors for her to make the cut.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

There should be some new contenders from Dead to Me and Space Force for Guest Actress

FYC Emmys-
    Limited- Quiz/ Unbelievable/ Years and Years

Drama-Big Little Lies/ The Crown/ Killing Eve/ The Morning Show
    Jennifer, Jodie, Sandra, Olivia & VIOLA DAVIS

Comedy- Schitts Creek/ Dead to Me- Christina Applegate, Catherine O’Hara, Suzy Nakamura, Annie Murphy, Dan Levy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Syke’s shouldn’t be nominated, but the category is so damn empty is probably gonna happen, as she’s a big name on a show actors have completely embraced.

Krakowski was fun on Curb, but she didn’t really have all that much to do, and I don’t think the show is popular enough with actors for her to make the cut.

If Wanda Sykes is submitted for both Black-ish and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, then she might cancel herself out of a nomination. This is where I hope Maya Rudolph can get the Emmy that she rightly deserves for The Good Place.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

They dropped her for Blackish last year, and Maisel’s way more popular with actors so I don’t think she’ll have to worry about vote splitting.

And Sykes isn’t the main obstacle in Rudolph’s way, PWB is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Syke’s shouldn’t be nominated, but the category is so damn empty is probably gonna happen, as she’s a big name on a show actors have completely embraced

She’s also got the benefit (like Kirby) of playing a real life comedian.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Given how at one point there was the possibility of Guest Actress x Comedy being occupied by three women from four shows, does Niecy Nash have any chance for Never Have I Ever?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

We need to keep an eye out for that show being a PEN15.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I agree. Let’s see how the show’s buzz goes in weeks to come. Plus it is critically-acclaimed and I can see some huge following on it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    montana82
    Topics:

I don’t get the double nomination predictions for Maya and PWB in Actress Comedy. Is there really no one else?

Jane Krakowski was her usual hilarious self on Curb and is overdue for a win like crazy. I hope HBO remembers this and mounts a campaign.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I don’t get the double nomination predictions for Maya and PWB in Actress Comedy.

Lol, at one point there was a period where Lisa Kudrow was also considered for double nominations here (The Good Place & Space Force).

Is there really no one else?

There is other options but they have strikes against them being nominated

• Angela Bassett in A Black Lady Sketch Show — She’s fantastic in this but it aired last summer and not Cate Blanchett couldn’t nominated last year in a sketch show either. On Bassett’s side however she is a Emmy favourite and easy nomination name-check (see her Narration nod last year and AHS: Freak Show).

• Judith Light and/or Bette Midler in The Politician are great in their one episode but it’s the finale and quality wise the show is extremely backloaded so who knows how many actually stick with the show to see how fantastic they are.

Little America — Melinna Bobadilla & Kemiyondo Coutinho Had the best performances but Melanie Laurent’s is the bigger name.

Modern Love — The best performances have been submitted in supporting or not at all, while the submissions Amazon put forward in guest are nothing roles or actively bad performances.

SNL — Already has a slam dunk in PWB and the remaining hosts could submit are too mainstream for a nomination.

SNL guest mods are people with a comedy background wirh the exceptions of Justin Timberlake, Sandra Oh (who predicted to win drama actress and this nod here was seen as a sign of support for her from industry as a whole for a Killing Eve win) & Tom Hanks (who had an all time great submission with David Pumpkins).

ScarJo, J-Lo & K. Stew just don’t fit any of those molds, maybe ScarJo since she’s a 5-timer now.

• Niecy Nash in Never Have I Ever is great as the lead’s therapist, not a winning performance but defiantly nomination worthy.

• Ariana Grande in Kidding is genuinely fantastic (probably my personal winner/top 3) but she’s playing a hyper-fictionalised version of herself so voters might not take that seriously considering she’s a popstar first and actor second. They’re probably not watching Kidding either.

• Abbi Jacobsen & Laverne Cox are options if they go all in on Curb Your Enthusiasm this year but Krakowski seems to have sucked up all the Curb air.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I will mention Stephan Merchant from Modern Family. He appeared in the episode called “The Prescott” and is hilarious. He should have been nominated for his first appearance too.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.