Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
FYC : J. Smit..
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Garber did nothing and you’d have to rely on voters having seen the final season. Milligan has better chances, being known from previous seasons. Either way, I don’t see the show getting any guest nominations.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Lol when I saw Nick Offerman in the prediction center, I was like ,,when the fuck did he appear?”

Right.

At first I remembered he voiced one of the CGI demons in season 2 and must’ve reprised that role sometime in S4. (And assumed he was somehow guest eligible if it was a Mo-Cap role)

Nope, 10 seconds where he tells Tehani she made a good chair.

I’m pretty sure those who are predicting Nick Offerman for The Good Place has not seen the season.

mte

Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

Why Offerman though? I’m as much of TGP stan as Guest is and even I forgot he was in this season, that’s not hard to do though since he has what, 1 line in a 15 second appearance that’s essentially a walk-on cameo. Is it just one those things where now the Academy has finally discovered him he’s gonna get in for anything?

I don’t think he is getting in but I think considering how empty the category is he could get name checked or get in if The Good Place explodes across the board. He wouldn’t deserve it but I guess considering he never got nominated for Parks it would even it out imo.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Garber did nothing and you’d have to rely on voters having seen the final season. Milligan has better chances, being known from previous seasons. Either way, I don’t see the show getting any guest nominations.

Would most people agree Garber’s undeserving? I have him in my predictions, but if his performance doesn’t have passion, I’m gonna take him out.

Also, I just checked the prediction center, and I’m extremely puzzled by the fact that Nick Offerman’s seconds long cameo in The Good Place is being predicted for a nomination by 50 people. If he couldn’t get nominated for giving one of the greatest comedic performances of all time on Parks and Recreation, he’s not going to be nominated for saying a single line on The Good Place.

Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

I feel like Will Ferrell is the second most likely male SNL guest after Murphy, no?

For those that watch the Politician – who is more likely to get in between Light and Midler?

I think PWB and Murphy are the easy winners here.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I don’t think he is getting in but I think considering how empty the category is he could get name checked

The thing is it’s not really that empty though, even if you take potential nominees from SNL & Maisel (plus Jon Hamm from Curb), that’s enough to the full category and then some

From SNL

• RuPaul Charles
    • Larry David
    • Tom Hanks
    • John Mulaney
    • Eddie Murphy
    • Brad Pitt

From Maisel

• Jason Alexander
    • Luke Kirby
    • Zachary Levi

It’s fairly stacked especially when compared to the corresponding actress category (which at one point looked like it would only be double nominations for Rudolph, Kudrow & PWB).

For those that watch the Politician – who is more likely to get in between Light and Midler?

Probably Light, her character is the driving force episode but Midler’s has more laugh out loud knee slapped funny moments.

Both wouldn’t be out of the question (depending on how S2 plays out) but for right now Light > Midler.

Profile picture
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Topics:

I think Adam Driver for SNL wouldn’t be shocking.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Driver & RuPaul did have the best ratio of sketches that landed in their episodes (Science Room & Undercover Boss alone >>).

Also wouldn’t be opposed if the Academy decided to turn Harry Styles into the new Timberlake.

Profile picture
    Gabriel P. (gabspss)
    Topics:

Would most people agree Garber’s undeserving? I have him in my predictions, but if his performance doesn’t have passion, I’m gonna take him out.

I enjoyed Victor Garber performance. He was funny and had a good amount of screentime on his episode.

Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

Working in Light’s favour over Midler is her current stature as a recent nominee for American Crime Story and Transparent.

Preemptively before the drama categories launch, I want to say that Chris had me compile lists for each of these categories, then kind of had me double them. He next actually entered the candidates, with most of the people in the initial batch making it, plus some from the second. My point is that even if you do not see a contender, they probably were seriously considered. But based on this not coming up in this thread with the comedy categories, we seem to have gotten everyone important.

Here is my commentary for comedy guest actor: https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/best-comedy-guest-actor-predictions-2020-emmy/

Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

I’m predicting three SNL actors and three Maisel actors in Guest actor.

@ mods: Can you please add Rachel Dratch for SNL? Her Amy Klobuchar is really great and she coul happen.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I’ll be mad if Nick Offerman gets nominated for his cameo in The Good Place after all the Parks and Recreation snubs.

Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

I’ll be mad if Nick Offerman gets nominated for his cameo in The Good Place after all the Parks and Recreation snubs.

It would be worse than Cherry Jones winning for THT again.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Even his guest appearance Will & Grace two years would’ve been a fantastic makeup nomination.

Or Devs this year in limited lead actor.

Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Guest Categories’ is closed to new replies.