Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 503 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
FYC : J. Smit..
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Topics:

Gut feeling is that Morrison gets in.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I agree. I think she’s the Angarano of this year.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Emma Swan getting an Emmy nom? I can’t me mad about it.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

Omg you’re a Once Upon a Time stan? You’re my favourite person on here now!

P.s. Lana Parilla and Robery Carlyle should have at least gotten one Emmy nomimation. I also think Rebecca Mader would have been very deserving of one too.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say stan, but I loved the show for what it was. Season 1 will always have a special place in my heart and the pilot is something I rewatch when I’m really down. It’s magical.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say stan, but I loved the show for what it was. Season 1 will always have a special place in my heart and the pilot is something I rewatch when I’m really down. It’s magical.

Couldn’t agree more.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    Topics:

Couldn’t agree more.

I loved Jennifer Jason Leigh in The Affair and I love Michael J Fox but there is no way they are ahead of Jennifer Morrison, Harriet Walter, OT Fagbenle, Gerald McRaney or James Cromwell. Although I do think Fox has a chance at getting name checked.

Profile picture
    KaRol
    Topics:

i’m quite new to predicting Emmy noms, so i do not understand how Cherry Jones is more predicted to be nominatated for The Handmaid’s Tale than Succession?
    i thought she was really good in the latter while i do not evem remember her from season 3 of the former…

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Cherry Jones has been nominated twice for The Handmaid’s Tale and even managed to win last year when she had barely five minutes of screen time in her episode. Succession was blanked in the acting categories at the Emmys last year, so there’s some uncertainty as to how it’ll perform in the acting races this time around.

That said, I actually have her in for Succession instead of Handmaid’s because I feel like they might just want to move on now. Plus, THT has more deserving contenders in this category – far more deserving.

Profile picture
    KaRol
    Topics:

thank you for your reply.
    Succession seems to be hotter tv series than THT right now.
    how is the Emmy ballot with actors names sorted? alphabethical by surname or by show?

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

thank you for your reply.
    Succession seems to be hotter tv series than THT right now.
    how is the Emmy ballot with actors names sorted? alphabethical by surname or by show?

I believe it is by last name of the actor. I heard that some ballots start with with A and some ballots start with z.

Profile picture
    Topics:

I believe it is by last name of the actor. I heard that some ballots start with with A and some ballots start with z.

If that is true then I think that will bode very well for Harriet Walter.

I’m telling you know we’re all underestimating her A LOT. She could very well get in over Cherry Jones for Succession even.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Succession is my personal pick for drama series this year, and sadly I don’t think the actors branch will embrace it. That’s why I’m only predicting Cox. If Walter makes the cut, my predictions are screwed. I can only see her making the cut in a situation where Succession shows up in at least 8 acting nominations.

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

If that is true then I think that will bode very well for Harriet Walter. I’m telling you know we’re all underestimating her A LOT. She could very well get in over Cherry Jones for Succession even.

I have Walter in first place right now. The nomination will be the hardest bit, but if she gets in, I think she’s absolutely in contention.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    michael11391
    Topics:

Where’s Elliot Villar for Mr. Robot? I was hoping to see his name listed. Dude should easily get nominated for the “407 Proxy Authentication Required” episode. Is he not eligible?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Guest Categories’ is closed to new replies.