Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
FYC : J. Smit..
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Julie Dretzin has entered the top 6!

Who would even vote for Cherry Jones when Dretzin aand Bledel are far more deserving? If Cherry Jones is going to get name-checked it is going to be for Succession.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Who would even vote for Cherry Jones when Dretzin aand Bledel are far more deserving? If Cherry Jones is going to get name-checked it is going to be for Succession.

The people who name-checked her to a win last year.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Quite confusingly it turns out that the The Late Late Show with James Corden is submitting people in the guest categories:

ACTOR
    Anthony Anderson
    Jeff Goldblum
    Chance the Rapper
    Ken Jeong
    Harry Styles
    Niall Horan

ACTRESS
    Alicia Keys
    Melissa McCarthy

Source

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

Quite confusingly it turns out that the The Late Late Show with James Corden is submitting people in the guest categories: ACTOR Anthony Anderson Jeff Goldblum Chance the Rapper Ken Jeong Harry Styles Niall Horan ACTRESS Alicia Keys Melissa McCarthy Source

Why would you submit interviewees and people in a Carpool Karaoke skit for guest acting?

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

We should expect nothing less from James Corden at the Emmys.  They did enter The Late Late Show franchise across five program categories in 2018 after all. The winner of short form actor that year being “James Corden as James Corden in James Corden’s Next James Corden on Snapchat” was some mad trolling.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

This must be an effort of broadcast networks attempting to maximize their nominations considering how dead they are, especially CBS, with drama/comedy/limited races. They are leaning to exist as a player within the loopholes.

Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:

Julie Lapotaire is only 9th?? She is the MVP of The Crown Season 3!!

And where is Geraldine Chaplin…

FYC Emmy: Drama Series ー "THE CROWN" ACTOR (Tobias Menzies), ACTRESS (Olivia Colman),
    SUP. ACTOR (Josh O'Connor), SUP. ACTRESS (Helena Bonham Carter), GUEST ACTOR (Charles Dance & Derek Jacobi), GUEST ACTRESS (Jane Lapotaire & Geraldine Chaplin)
    Limited Series ー "NORMAL PEOPLE" ACTOR (Paul Mescal), ACTRESS (Daisy Edgar-Jones)
    Comedy Series - "THE GREAT" ACTRESS (Elle Fanning), SUP. ACTOR (Nicholas Hoult)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Julie Lapotaire is only 9th?? She is the MVP of The Crown Season 3!! And where is Geraldine Chaplin…

I think you mean Jane Lapotaire, but yeah, I was just about to comment on that as well! Not to mention, out of 9 editors who updated their guest predictions, only 2 are predicting her. Wich I find absolutely crazy. Specially when she’s behind people like Mindy Kaling for The Morning Show. I still think people are underestimating her (a lot). I’m not only predicting her but I also have her in #1. I know it’s a very risky prediction but it’s one i’m gladly making.

Regarding Chaplin, Netflix is only pushing Lapotaire for Guest Actress.

FYC Emmys:

THE CROWN

Jane Lapotaire (Drama Guest Actress)
    Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress)
    Josh O'Connor (Drama Supporting Actor)
    Olivia Colman (Drama Actress)
    Tobias Menzies (Drama Actor)
    Charles Dance (Drama Guest Actor)

KILLING EVE

Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress)
    Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress)
    Evgenia Dodina (Drama Guest Actress)
    Sean Delaney (Drama Guest Actor)

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

A Mindy Kaling nomination would be such a joke. I’m predicting The Morning Show to be big with actors but she feels like such a reach.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

A Mindy Kaling nomination would be such a joke. I’m predicting The Morning Show to be big with actors but she feels like such a reach.

I haven’t watched the episode that she appears yet. Is it a cameo?

And I also haven’t watched The Outsider. Does anyone know if Jason Bateman is really great or he’s just there?

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I haven’t watched the episode that she appears yet. Is it a cameo?

She is in multiple episodes but it’s more or less a glorified cameo IMO.

Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

Yep. Kaling is in three episodes spread across the season. It is a fun bit part as a rival anchor.

Bateman is not giving a revelatory performance, but he has a lot of other things in his favour. The first thing is screen time. The first episode is all about Ben Mendelsohn and Jason Bateman. Mendelsohn is the cop investigating and Bateman is the suspect whose home life is upended, complete with an arc with Julianne Nicholson struggling as his wife to raise their daughters by herself. What we as viewers did not realize was that this was just the jumping-off point for the show. Cynthia Erivo first appears in the third episode and from there, the show leaves Bateman behind as it moves onto a larger investigation.

Have you seen Unbelievable? Erivo is the Toni Collette of this show and Bateman is like Kaitlyn Dever if they had not continued her story throughout the season and had just moved onto the other survivors after her big opening. The other thing is that, like Ozark, this is Bateman’s baby. He is only a recurring actor instead of the lead, but he is an executive producer and he directs the first two episodes.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The guest odds change every few minutes. Damn it. I just sent off a Cicely Tyson article, and I had to change it 500 times. And now I see they’ve changed again.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I haven’t watched the episode that she appears yet. Is it a cameo? And I also haven’t watched The Outsider. Does anyone know if Jason Bateman is really great or he’s just there?

Bateman is just fine, I would totally nominate him tbh.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Guest Categories’ is closed to new replies.