Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 443 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
Stranger_Amon..
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am surprised that people are shocked about Ruffalo. Maybe voters just watched the show? Just because it didn’t get multiple noms doesn’t mean they didn’t love his performance!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yup, by the time the ceremony came around, Zendaya was very obvious to me.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

My proudest prediction was definitely here, predicting Maria Schrader to win for Unorthodox. She was the only nominee to be nominating for the entire program and she does remind me of Susanne Bier’s win for The Night Manager 4 years ago.

I’m also very glad that Ruffalo held on to win here, despite many naysayers. I wasn’t the biggest fan of his speech, as I suspect it would have played better in an auditorium, but it was a really phenomenal performance.

Abdul-Mateen’s win was much more surprising to me and I look forward to seeing where his career goes next.

And, while I thought the love for the Shirley episode of Mrs. America would go to Tanya Barfield’s writing, I am also very glad that Aduba won. I didn’t really think Smart would win (she only seems to win Emmys for her comedic work) and Aduba’s performance plus the current climate calling for more recognition of black women both artistically and politically seemed to all break in favor of a win here.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Uzo Aduba is only one Emmy away from being tied with Regina King and Alfre Woodard.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Uzo Aduba is only one Emmy away from being tied with Regina King and Alfre Woodard.

Watch how she wins for that miniseries with and over Lupita Nyong’o.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

I am surprised that people are shocked about Ruffalo. Maybe voters just watched the show? Just because it didn’t get multiple noms doesn’t mean they didn’t love his performance!

I was just so hesitant because of him being the sole nom. I was thinking some passion for Normal People would get Mescal the win, and then last minute I thought Jackman would take it after Bad Education won TV movie. Smh

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I stuck with Mark Ruffalo to the end, which I’m proud of doing. I knew how brilliant he was from actually watching his work, and thought the performance would carry him through despite the sole nod. I wasn’t feeling it for any of the others. I hope this Emmy win is the impetus for people around here to give “I Know This Much Is True” a proper view in the future! Highly recommended viewing!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I do want to watch I Know This Much is True but it seems like the most depressing thing to watch in the world right now.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Same with Zendaya really. Everyone was like she can’t win as sole nominee of her show. Euphoria is not an Emmys show, it was never getting in Series or/and Directing. From the moment she got in, she had a solid shot.

Euphoria had 6 emmy noms and already won 2 Emmys going in.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I do want to watch I Know This Much is True but it seems like the most depressing thing to watch in the world right now.

I managed just fine. That shouldn’t deter you.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Jean Smart gives an undeniable performance next year in Mare of Easttown, gets nominated but then loses again…

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

“Damon Lindelof confirms he has no plans to do ‘WATCHMEN’ Season 2:

“It would feel like a huge betrayal of winning limited series to come back and say ‘it was only a limited series’.”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I love Regina but the way she tries to pretend as if her win was a shock…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETHv9fZhfx8

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Emmy winner Yahya Abdul-Mateen and 4-time Emmy winner Regina King sounds so good to finally say.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 443 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.