Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 443 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
Stranger_Amon..
  • Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I love Regina but the way she tries to pretend as if her win was a shock… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETHv9fZhfx8

She’s just humble. Nothing wrong with that.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Maybe it’s just me but …isn’t Regina King a bit overrated?

My favorite TV performance from her, of course, was not nominated.. The Leftovers.

But these 4 Emmys?
    In American Crime I never saw her as the standout…Felicity Huffman was in season 1 and Huffman and Lily Taylor were in season 2.
    In Seven Seconds was great but I was surprised she was able to pick the lead Emmy.
    And I loved her in Watchmen but I would given the Emmy to Haas and the Unbelievable ladies before her.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Emmy winner Yahya Abdul-Mateen and 4-time Emmy winner Regina King sounds so good to finally say.

So good. And they can stay mad about it

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Chadwick Boseman

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Maybe it’s just me but …isn’t Regina King a bit overrated?

My favorite TV performance from her, of course, was not nominated.. The Leftovers.

But these 4 Emmys?
    In American Crime I never saw her as the standout…Felicity Huffman was in season 1 and Huffman and Lily Taylor were in season 2.
    In Seven Seconds was great but I was surprised she was able to pick the lead Emmy.
    And I loved her in Watchmen but I would given the Emmy to Haas and the Unbelievable ladies before her.

To me, the four wins still aren’t justice for The Leftovers’ snub. Let’s get to five then it starts to look fair. Also citing Huffman and Taylor as reasons why Regina wasn’t a standout (the implication being that she shouldn’t have won) doesn’t make sense considering they were in different categories.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, 3 out of 4 of the Limited Series acting wins were from people of color.  Get it!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Eh, for her 1st and 3rd Emmys, none of her competitors did better than her at relevant awards (tca, gg, sag).

For her 4th, she won the TCA over all drama and miniseries competition.

For her 2nd, there was Olivia Colman, who won the Globe but so did two of her co-stars so they were just crazy for that show which got 0 Sag noms. And I dunno if she cares about a supporting emmy when she has a lead Oscar.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

On one hand I’m happy for Yahya as he was excellent, but o honestly preferred Gossett and Adepo (and Nelson, but that’s a whole mother can of worms). I thought those two did a lot more with a lot less.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Greg
    Topics:

Uzo was the worst in her category and she won… Toni Collette is the real winner she was outstanding!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I definitely wouldn’t say Uzo was the worst, but Collette deserved so much. Unbelievable was so robbed. That said. all 6 women were phenomenal.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Toni Collette was good in Unbelievable, but she did not deserve the Emmy. I think some people are saying that she deserved the Emmy because others from the show were snubbed.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

To me, the four wins still aren’t justice for The Leftovers’ snub. Let’s get to five then it starts to look fair. Also citing Huffman and Taylor as reasons why Regina wasn’t a standout (the implication being that she shouldn’t have won) doesn’t make sense considering they were in different categories.

The people would’ve found a way to call her overrated even back then if she deservedly won for The Leftovers, even if that win were just for a CC award.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Toni Collette was good in Unbelievable, but she did not deserve the Emmy. I think some people are saying that she deserved the Emmy because others from the show were snubbed.

Or maybe people just genuinely liked her performance?

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Greg
    Topics:

No, I really think her performance was one of the best of the year.

And talking bout Regina King, she is a little overrated yes. She’s great, but not « 4 times Emmy winner » great. She should have won for The Leftovers tho.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Or maybe people just genuinely liked her performance?

I did not say that I did not like Toni’s performance. I did like her performance, but I did not think it was the best in this category.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 443 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.