Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 443 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
Stranger_Amon..
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I don’t know how people go and pursue their dream in good conscience after doing something like this 🙁 At least go back and apologize if you’ve learned and recognized your mistake. I guess the word here is “if.”

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Thiago
    Topics:

Oh come on this looks so fabricated, the three accounts were created just to post those 3 stuff and they even use the same vocabulary, are you really going to “cancel” someone based on random reddit posts? Also IT WAS HIGHSCHOOL people grow, change and learn

People get cancelled for way less this days.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Very happy he lost the Emmy now https://twitter.com/lilja_4_ever/status/1308833714529599490?s=21

Disappointment after disappointment. I can’t believe I rooted so hard for him. I’m extremely sad. This is give me such awful memories…

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Sorry, but I need Mescal himself to weigh on this.

In general I have problems with cancelling somebody for something they did in high school, but if this is true it’s absolutely horrifying.

Profile picture
    supermalt
    Topics:

He’s a man nothing is going to happen to him. Casey Affleck. Mark Wahlberg Liam Neeson. Fassbender. Too many to count. The daisy jones erasure will continue for the winter award shows.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Very happy he lost the Emmy now https://twitter.com/lilja_4_ever/status/1308833714529599490?s=21

rubbish

Profile picture
    Topics:

Queen Daisy being ignored for this man… Every day we stray further…

rubbish

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

If this is true he doesn’t deserve to have a successful acting career but as we all know straight white men get away with everything.

Profile picture
    GODlore
    Topics:

Such things always come up on reddit and are fake most of the times. Karma whoring at its best or someone using the internet with its anonymity to get back at someone. This looks like a typical case of that. He made the same post thrice in three different places and then deleted the other two because they didn’t take off. Look how he provides background info on Mescal and his family to seem genuine but all that’s basic stuff easily available on Mescal’s Wikipedia page. The person is openly naming Mescal but doesn’t go on to divulge anything more concrete. He also incorrectly claims Mescal played Rugby when he played Gaelic football. No Irish person would confuse the two. Stereotyping every sports player as homophobic also needs to be checked.

It’s sad how people here and on twitter were quick to condemn him and trying to end a probably innocent person’s career without actually trying to corroborate what was actually said. Internet is a powerful tool that must not be taken lightly.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Such things always come up on reddit and are fake most of the times. Karma whoring at its best or someone using the internet with its anonymity to get back at someone. This looks like a typical case of that. He made the same post thrice in three different places and then deleted the other two because they didn’t take off. Look how he provides background info on Mescal and his family to seem genuine but all that’s basic stuff easily available on Mescal’s Wikipedia page. The person is openly naming Mescal but doesn’t go on to divulge anything more concrete. He also incorrectly claims Mescal played Rugby when he played Gaelic football. No Irish person would confuse the two. Stereotyping every sports player as homophobic also needs to be checked. It’s sad how people here and on twitter were quick to condemn him and trying to end a probably innocent person’s career without actually trying to corroborate what was actually said. Internet is a powerful tool that must not be taken lightly.

OK this lowkey gave me hope this allegations are completely false. I really hope they are.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Also, it got the parent’s professions wrong🤡🤡🤡 and no british person would confuse rugby and football, and people are here already bashing him smh

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

and no british

*irish

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    GODlore
    Topics:

He confused the parents’ jobs. His father was a school teacher, not his mother who was in the police. Obviously people would assume the mother would be the school teacher and the father the police. No way someone who actually knew Mescal would get this wrong. Absolutely disgusting. I hope people realize now this was completely fake and proceed with caution in the future before trying to cancel anyone.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Surely everyone hopes these are false accounts, but “getting the details of his family life wrong” is, in my opinion, not a valid reason to dismiss it. If an actual kid is bullied by someone at school, how likely is it going to be that they’re going to be well informed on their bully’s parents’ professions or his sports activities?

The rugby fuckup is sus tho. And I do think on second thought that a lot of these reddit-posts-by-new-accounts that pop up on these unmoderated subreddits are to be treated with skepticism, especially if the person they concern is someone who’s risen to fame overnight (as has been the case with Normal People’s success).

rubbish

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Imagine believing random reddit posts with NO evidence.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 443 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.