Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 436 through 443 (of 443 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
Stranger_Amon..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

On a separate note why is it that Jim Parsons always plays problematic characters? First Sheldon then the agent in Hollywood.

Frankly as someone whose sibling is autistic I found Parsons’ comical portrayal of a person grappling with Aspergers to be insulting and tainted with stereotypes and I find it disgusting that he was even nominated for a single Emmy never mind win a single Emmy for the show. He’s a great actor and his performances were great but when you think about how Sheldon is more or less a parody of someone with Aspergers and how Henry Wilson’s character in Hollywood is a sexual predator it is quite troubling.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Davidpres
    Topics:

What did the tweet say about Mescal? I can’t see it anymore.

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

Very happy he lost the Emmy now https://twitter.com/lilja_4_ever/status/1308833714529599490?s=21

Only on Gold Derby would anonymous Reddit posts be taken as the gospel truth. Get a grip.

Profile picture
    Russell90
    Topics:

The posts are already confirmed as fake, ffs.

The same reddit user made three different account. Also he played GAA Not rugby I mean if that wasn’t a giveaway already…

Profile picture
    Russell90
    Topics:

Sorry, but I need Mescal himself to weigh on this. In general I have problems with cancelling somebody for something they did in high school, but if this is true it’s absolutely horrifying.

Why should he when its not true? You americans are far too over dramatiic and self righteous

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Why should he when its not true? You americans are far too over dramatiic and self righteous

1. I’m not American.
    2. I said IF it’s true
    3. Unlike others in this thread, I did not outright judged him based on three reddit posts, so why tf did you quoted me?

Profile picture
    GODlore
    Topics:

If an actual kid is bullied by someone at school, how likely is it going to be that they’re going to be well informed on their bully’s parents’ professions or his sports activities?

The thing is there was no need for him to provide the parents’ professions, especially if he’s not well informed on the same and when he’s already naming the actor. The sport fuck up is a big thing though, since Mescal was a star player and part of the minor league football team in Ireland. That’s what he was basically known for in his pre-acting days. If you knew him or interacted with him on the same level as that person, you are not going to get that detail wrong.

And those two things are the only info available about Mescal’s school years so pretty telling he just randomly mentions those. There’s also stuff like him misspelling ‘Garda’ but that could be just chalked upto a typo so I didn’t mention it. I absolutely understand where you are coming from but giving that person (who very well looks to not even be from Ireland) the benefit of the doubt would be just for the sake of it at this point IMO.

I’ll leave it at this. Don’t want my first few posts to be only about a stupid reddit post lol.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

what a terrible set of winners! full of mediocre namechecked blacks! aduba was not only 5th in terms of performance here but she was completely outacted by every other cast member of mrs america parsons was robbed, he easily outacted every single one of his fellow nominees, yahya did absolutely nothing in watchmen regina was outacted by both blanchett and haas who gave masterclass in acting and performances vastly superior to hers ruffalo rightfully won, he was vastly superior to mescal and jackman, the delusion people had doubting him

3 black winners across 23 categories, 2 of whom are multiple Emmy winners in acclaimed shows (with 1 being an Oscar winner and a known Emmy favorite), and 2 of whom are part of one of the biggest shows of the year that broke Emmy records, is “full of name-checked blacks”? Stay pressed, racist.

rubbish

Viewing 8 posts - 436 through 443 (of 443 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Movie/Limited Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.