Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Nominations: Comedy Reactions

Emmys 2020 Nominations: Comedy Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

Not that user’s new screen name!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I still haven’t seen season 6. I don’t have cable; I have a smart TV which is for streaming services only. I think that’s true for a lot of Americans, at least the younger generations. I don’t think Schitt’s s6 will be on Netflix until October or November. Any chance that affects its chances? I mean they still got 15 noms but I’m wondering what people think.

I think in Writing and Directing it won’t (those branches seem to be clearly up to date with the show) but I think it may affect its acting chances because there’s no sign actors are on the right season of the show.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Looking back, Hulu seems to have made the most regrettable decision this Emmy season – not releasing The Great earlier. The late premiere makes sense for an Emmy launch, but the show took longer to get to a bigger audience. Personally, I’m beyond ecstatic about their writing and directing nominations and it only shows that an earlier release would have led to a Series nomination and maybe even Fanning.

And I have a feeling the next season will get these nominations

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Oh Guest…

Best use of a gif I have ever seen on goldderby 🙂

tgp

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

It won’t change a whole lot, voters have been voting for the whole series anyways, but I would say if anything it helps O’Hara and Eugene and is a slight obstacle for Murphy and Daniel, as the younger two were the real leads and had their best material in the final season, thus kinda outshining the older couple.

I agree about Murphy and disagree about Dan Levy. He’s been receiving great material since the very beginning.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Best use of a gif I have ever seen on goldderby 🙂 tgp

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

I’ll let Alex Goldschmitt take it from here on the night of the finale: “#TheGoodPlace finale is a master class in TV. The perfect ending to every story. The perfect mix of laughter and tears. The perfect commentary on life. People are going to be rewatching, quoting and learning from this show forever. “It knew exactly how and when to say goodbye.” 99% of America have already forgotten about the Schitt’s series-ender.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Yeah, I think it can possibly win writing and/or Danson but it’s not winning series.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I can see D’Arcy Carden winning as propably the most beloved part of the show.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

I’m not sure if Carden is the most beloved part of the show though. In my opinion, Danson’s always been the best part, but that may not be universal.
    Anyway, I just don’t think I can see Carden going from three snubs to a win for her weakest year on the show. I still think it’s Borstein vs Murphy with Orji as a possible spoiler.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

I think she probably is the most beloved part of the show and weakest material not always stopped some wins before. But there are other contenders with more chances.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Weve seen people win with weak material before, but I find it pretty unlikely that somebody who could never even get nominated before will win with weak material, especially when there’s three contenders here with far more acclaimed performances this year in series that did better. Bell still not being able to get nominated definitely makes me feel that The Good Place will have a hard time getting any acting wins.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

I’ll probably keep alternating Danson between my 1st and 2nd slot, same with Rudolph. They were the first nominations the show got, Rudolph has never won, and Danson randomly picked up a Critic’s Choice win a few years ago. If voters really feel like awarding The Good Place (not convinced that’s the case), one of those two places makes the most sense.

By contrast, I’m moving it down to 3rd or 4th in Writing. The writers clearly adored What We Do in the Shadows and if enough of them have watched it, they should find a consensus choice in On the Run, so I have that 2nd behind Schitt’s. The Great hasn’t competed anywhere else so I have it middle of the pack in both of its categories.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Weve seen people win with weak material before, but I find it pretty unlikely that somebody who could never even get nominated before will win with weak material, especially when there’s three contenders here with far more acclaimed performances this year in series that did better.

Insecure didn’t do better than the good place tho…

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Insecure didn’t do better than the good place tho…

Fair, but it definitely over performed. In my mind, going from zero nominations last year to series, Rae, and Orji was more impressive, and I think it’s more competitive.

Let’s Go Bucks

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Nominations: Comedy Reactions’ is closed to new replies.