Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Nominations: Comedy Reactions

Emmys 2020 Nominations: Comedy Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 496 through 503 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

after all we think the actors are voting for the third season of The Good Place

Who is we? I always find those arguments of voters voting for the previous season ridiculous unless it’s something like Fleabag when the show is discovered as a whole at the same time.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Who is we? I always find those arguments of voters voting for the previous season ridiculous unless it’s something like Fleabag when the show is discovered as a whole at the same time.

Many people have suggested (and I agree with them) on here that voters are watching The Good Place on Netflix who currently in the US have up to series 3. It is what some people have used to argue why Kudrow got snubbed.

When I mean voters I mean actors. There’s no evidence actors are on the right season.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Voters get screeners if they really want to watch…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Susan Kelechi Watson gets in then it proves voters are a season behind on This is Us.

Umm

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Which didn’t happen and was mostly a joke but ok? Your passive-aggressive behavior is really getting annoying. First lurking people’s predictions to attack them with it and now past messages? Alright.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Which didn’t happen and was mostly a joke but ok? Your passive-aggressive behavior is really getting annoying. First lurking people’s predictions to attack them with it and now past messages? Alright.

It’s not attacking it’s just trying to point out the hypocritical nature of some posts.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You can see some of the campaign links for some of what is mentioned in this post on the Emmy Nominees on the Campaign Trail thread here. Below are a few things I noticed for Comedy :

Comedy Series

– Maisel is campaigning a lot! First with its PaleyFest appearance but Amazon is also hosting another Maisel day at a drive in in LA that starts the day before voting starts and is running for four days.

https://www.timeout.com/los-angeles/things-to-do/a-marvelous-night-at-the-drive-in

– Schitt’s Creek – Despite no big campaign behind it the individual cast members (specifically Mr Levy) have been campaigning a lot with talk show interviews.

– Insecure – You won’t find all the links on the thread just yet but I’ve seen Issa Rae campaigning for the show a little bit and now HBO is pushing it like their Succession push in Drama.

Summary : Schitt’s is doing a lot of individual based campaigning, Maisel is doing all the campaigning they did last year x2.

Comedy Actress

Rachel Brosnahan – Probably campaigning the most of any contender on the Comedy side. She has appeared on pretty much 3/4 of talk shows in the past few days alone and has been interviewed for Deadline Hollywood and a number of publications.

Issa Rae – Also has been doing a lot of campaigning but these are podcast based.

Tracee Ellis Ross – She has been on a lot of talk shows recently. Quite a lot more than she has in previous years.

Catherine O’Hara – (*crickets*)

Christina Applegate – (*crickets*)

Linda Cardilleni – (*crickets*) x2

Comedy Actor

Eugene Levy – Has been doing lots of individual campaigning and also has received some internet buzz and support from veteran comics and comedy actors after winning a Lifetime Achievement award.

Ramy Youseff – Has been doing a lot of individual based campaigning, lots of virtual film and tv events.

Comedy S. Actress

Alex Borstein – Has been swept up in the Maisel Amazon push and has been doing lots of online campaigning.

Annie Murphy – Been on various talk shows recently (i.e. Seth Myers).

Comedy S. Actor

Dan Levy – I’m not going to begin to describe how much campaigning he’s been doing.

Tony Shalhoub – Has been doing the least but still a significant lot of campaigning out of the 3 core Maisel cast members. Some may argue more than he did last year.

Mahershala Ali – (*crickets*)

Comedy G. Actress

Maya Rudolph – If I describe every piece of campaigning she’s done my hands will fall off.

Wanda Sykes – She’s being pushed by Amazon hard (even harder than Marin Hinkle and Sterling K. Brown lol) and has been doing lots of virtual roundtables. This is impressive considering she gave a cameo performance.

Angela Bassett – Same as Sykes except she’s not being pushed as hard.

Bette Midler – She’s been campaigning whilst promoting other stuff.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge – (*crickets*)

Viewing 8 posts - 496 through 503 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Nominations: Comedy Reactions’ is closed to new replies.