Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Nominations: Drama Reactions

Emmys 2020 Nominations: Drama Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 572 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Kay
GregSprinkles
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Ozark s3 was one of the most buzzed-about shows of the year. The show got 18 nominations. They watched it. Tom Pelphrey just didn’t have as big of buzz as the Succession actors outside of the GD forums.

Lol, what? Tom Pelphrey had buzz everywhere, not just GD. Go check for yourself.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

The way my absolute favorite show is always the favorite at the Emmys too. As Game of Thrones departs, in comes the utter brilliance that is Succession to snatch all the awards. I might’ve snapped with my taste, huh

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

I don’t know what kind of fan you are when the entire fandom agrees that is the best thing that has happened to the franchise in the last century.

I guess I’m not that much of a fan then because I honestly had no idea their fandom thought this was the best thing that happened to the franchise. I guess I should have just said I liked the movies?

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Ozark s3 was one of the most buzzed-about shows of the year. The show got 18 nominations. They watched it. Tom Pelphrey just didn’t have as big of buzz as the Succession actors outside of the GD forums.

He was very hyped on the internet in general. Reddit is losing their mind over him, BCS, and Mr. Robot (although I never thought Mr. Robot was any good to begin with).

It could be something as simple as Emmy voters finding his character annoying and letting it shade their opinion of the performance. It is weird that Ozark got so many nominations and he missed out. But that happens every single year come awards season. And then we all forget about it.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Well, I guess Julia Garner is just going to repeat! And I’ll love to see it! It’ll be her vs. Snook.

Love me some J Garner but I hope Snook takes it.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Succession could have submitted the masterpiece that is “Tern Haven”, received double Writing nominations and still won. Ugh!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe people weren’t in the mood to reward a sympathetic depiction of the British royal family during BLM

But they were in the mood to reward a somewhat satirical and sympathetic depiction of a Machiavellian Murdochian family during BLM?

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Lol, what? Tom Pelphrey had buzz everywhere, not just GD. Go check for yourself.

I guess just not enough to make it in.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

This doesn’t make sense. If they were just checking Succession actors off then J. Smith-Cameron would’ve gotten nominated, she was literally above Sarah Snook on the ballot

This. Although speaking for myself, I loved Succession so much I would have given J. Smith-Cameron and Holly Hunter a vote too haha. How this ensemble was ignored by the Screen Actors Guild is still baffling to me.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Gosh, there is just no place for everybody, we have 48563 shows and 5/8 slots. Stop it, when something does not go by your plans, the only explanation can be that they are not watching or name checking… Sure… Also, Emmys have always been diverse, this year they were looking for even more diversity, something that I already told you about, even so, many of you were predicting 16 white nominees in supporting, your narrative is really tiresome and makes much less sense that the one of the Emmys.

They just showed us what they liked the most, they do watch Better Call Saul, they just don;t like it very much, especially the actors. And they snubbed Viola Davis, so they were paying attention.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

People/Shows I think are contenders for the win

DRAMA – Succession
    ACTRESS – Jennifer Aniston (Laura Linney, Sandra Oh, Zendaya)
    ACTOR – Jeremy Strong (Brian Cox, Billy Porter, Jason Bateman, Steve Carell)
    S. ACTRESS – Sarah Snook (Julia Garner, Helena Bonham Carter, Fiona Shaw)
    S. ACTOR – Billy Crudup (Matthew Macfadyen, Giancarlo Esposito, Bradley Whitford)
    G. ACTRESS – Cherry Jones (Cicely Tyson, Alexis Bledel)
    G. ACTOR – Andrew Scott (Jason Bateman, Giancarlo Esposito)
    WRITING — Succession
    DIRECTING – Succession (The Crown, Ozark)

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Gosh, there is just no place for everybody, we have 48563 shows and 5/8 slots. Stop it, when something does not go by your plans, the only explanation can be that they are not watching or name checking… Sure… Also, Emmys have always been diverse, this year they were looking for even more diversity, something that I already told you about, even so, many of you were predicting 16 white nominees in supporting, your narrative is really tiresome and makes much less sense that the one of the Emmys. They just showed us what they liked the most, they do watch Better Call Saul, they just don;t like it very much, especially the actors. And they snubbed Viola Davis, so they were paying attention.

EXACTLY! There is no way that The Mandalorian would’ve have gotten into series hadn’t they been watching these shows.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

I think even fans of Ozark will agree with this, the show getting TWO cinematography nominations is ridiculous.

How they got 2 and Better Call Saul got 0 is beyond me…

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Succession getting all these actors nominated doesn’t necessarily mean they watched the show.

Succession overperformed which is good, but let’s not pretended it’s because they watched the show.

Then what does it mean?

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 572 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Nominations: Drama Reactions’ is closed to new replies.