Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Nominations: General Reactions

Emmys 2020 Nominations: General Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 193 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Rachel
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

THESE NOMINATIONS ARE CRAZY

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

The series winners will be easy to predict: Succession, Schitt’s Creek & Watchmen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

These are sooooooo bad. Actually sort of excited to see it all, though; which new nominee will trump the last as the worst nominee of the year?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Why are Bobby Berk and Barbara Corcoran nomiated for reality hosts? Just nominate the whole group, no?

They are all nominated. The complete list of nominees has the five for Queer Eye and the six for Shark Tank.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I just knew these were gonna be the biggest wtf set of nominations yet

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Topics:

It’s the golden age of TV, but if one judges by these nominations, one would never come to this conclusion.

Voters are lazy. This never goes well with “let’s nominate everybody”. Voters were bound to nominate people because they did last year and the year before that (Sandra, Jodie)…

Voters don’t watch that much TV… even when they’re locked in their homes.

Exposure wins over quality (something that used not to apply to the Emmys as much as the Oscars)…

Apple is embraced right away… because it’s Apple…

These nominations are a hot mess… A few nice surprises here and there, a few wonderful WTF nominees, but mostly the usual dullness one expects of Hollywood awards. With some HFPA touches here and there that are more embarrassing than entertaining.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

Well, it took 15 years, a new show, a less than 10 minute episode, on a new shitty streaming platform you can only watch on your phone for some stupid reason…but Kaitlin Olson is FINALLY an Emmy nominee.

Same for Kerri Kenney Silver and Reno911. This made her a two time nominee now.

Tituss is back. And such a great category with the 3 Watchmen men. Too bad Jim Parsons takes this easily. Nobody here can beat him. Maybe Gossett in a shock?

Kristen Bell will never get an Emmy nomination.

Very happy to see Hollywood not make it in Limited Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

The nominations are strange but I have the feeling we will get a great group of winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

Funny to see Reese Witherspoon BARELY getting one nomination out of a possible 35. Good that she got one of the two she deserved the most.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Dever and Wever snubbed is… Unbelievable (sorry I had to)

Holy shit I didn’t even realize that. That shit’s criminal.

I’m shook Tom Pelphrey couldn’t get in. I guess they just liked Succession more.

I never thought I’d be so upset about Succession getting three supporting actors in. They all deserve it, but damn, there were some excellent turns that missed out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Has there ever been a bigger victim of an awards rule change than Reese Witherspoon? The Morning Show‘s great performance with actors and Little Fires Everywhere getting in Washington and Series is surely proof that she missed by mere handfuls of votes in both those categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:

Only good things are Dame Harriet Walter and PAUL MESCAL!! Others are just crazy, I mean, yeah just crazy and weired.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    drummergirl
    Topics:

Love love LOVE Shira Haas got the nom for Unorthodox. She was the nom I most wanted so when they read her name I yelled out!  Her performance blew me away(and I know critics loved her too) and I am just so happy she was not overlooked because we all know great performances get overlooked many times.
    Awesome that also Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh got noms but it’s a tough category.  As much as I loved Jodie,Laura Linney was so awesome this last season of Ozark, I think it’s hers this year.
    I wasn’t expecting it but I wished Suranne Jones got in for Gentleman Jack. ( did it qualify?)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I was doing somewhat decent during the livestream but when I opened that pdf document…

• Tom Pelphrey and Janet McTeer are what hurt me the most, they well both deserving of not only nominations but wins.

• Steve Carrell getting in over Bob Odenkirk and Tobias Menzies is laughable.

• I’m really surprised at all three Watchmen supporting actors getting in over Tim Blake Nelson.  (Who’s winning?)

• Overall the limited/movie categories are a mess and I can’t understand what “Hollywood” the acting branch of the Academy watched.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    keybored
    Topics:

It’s the golden age of TV, but if one judges by these nominations, one would never come to this conclusion. Voters are lazy. This never goes well with “let’s nominate everybody”. Voters were bound to nominate people because they did last year and the year before that (Sandra, Jodie)… Voters don’t watch that much TV… even when they’re locked in their homes. Exposure wins over quality (something that used not to apply to the Emmys as much as the Oscars)… Apple is embraced right away… because it’s Apple… These nominations are a hot mess… A few nice surprises here and there, a few wonderful WTF nominees, but mostly the usual dullness one expects of Hollywood awards. With some HFPA touches here and there that are more embarrassing than entertaining.

Jodie had a nom worthy performance this year too. There are more wtf nominees in drama category than previous years winner with good material in latter half and top five in GD odds.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.