Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Nominations: General Reactions

Emmys 2020 Nominations: General Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 193 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Rachel
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I am confused here. People have gotten more than four nominations before.

I think it’s most for a woman in a single year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Last year didn’t really had anything close to being as wild as The Mandalorian getting Best Drama tho.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Carlos Luis Turmero
    Topics:

The Mandalorian in Drama Series is one of the biggest WTF that I had this morning, given that The Morning Show got 1 directing, and two supporting actors and even Steve Carell, that shocked me a lot.

This Is Us hurts me so badly, but I knew that it was going to be one of the shows affected by the strong competition this year. But at the same time, it’s absurd that Stranger Things got into Drama Series without even David Harbour.

Poor Reese Witherspoon, she deserved better. Honestly Drama Actor and Actress easily could’ve had 8 nominees, that rule is kind of ridiculous.

Drama Supporting Actor is really interesting because the Succession guys are gonna cancel each other out, and Billy Crudup is kind of the frontrunner now

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

I am confused here. People have gotten more than four nominations before.

In four different fields?
    I am assuming she was a producer on both American Son (Made For TV Movie) and Live In Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family and Good Times (Live Variety Special), but with her acting nomination, that would be only three; what’s the fourth?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Little Fires Everywhere producing

I think it’s most for a woman in a single year.

Tina Fey has gotten more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

40th place out of 4000??? Wow, I’m surprised lol go me I guess  😉

ReplyCopy URL

Your boy got 70%!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

So can we expect the prediction center to open up before too long. I’ve been driving myself nuts knowing the nominees but not getting to officially rank them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

69.39%

I guess Succession saved me LMAO because I flopped my predictions everywhere else.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

In a year where diversity reigned supreme, it’s funny to think that the very white cast of Succession it nine acting nominations. Am I wrong, or did they get in more actors than any other show?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

69.39% I guess Succession saved me LMAO because I flopped my predictions everywhere else.

YAY! 🙂 I flopped at my guest acting categories ugh

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I’m just really happy about What We Do In The Shadows. It’s one of the few shows that has actually made me smile during this pandemic.

It’s a good time to be Taika. Just won an Oscar, his show broke through at the Emmys, and he’s been nominated for his voiceover work in The Mandalorian.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

New Winner Predictions: DRAMA SERIES – Succession ACTRESS – Laura Linney ACTOR – Brian Cox SUPP ACTRESS – Sarah Snook SUPP ACTOR – Billy Crudup GUEST ACTRESS – Cherry Jones GUEST ACTOR – Andrew Scott WRITING – Succession DIRECTING – Succession COMEDY SERIES – Schitt’s Creek ACTRESS – Catherine O’Hara ACTOR – Ted Danson SUPP ACTRESS – Annie Murphy SUPP ACTOR – Daniel Levy GUEST ACTRESS – Maya Rudolph (The Good Place) GUEST ACTOR – Eddie Murphy WRITING – The Good Place DIRECTING – Schitt’s Creek LIMITED SERIES – Watchmen MOVIE – Bad Education ACTRESS – Cate Blanchett ACTOR – Paul Mescal SUPP ACTRESS – Jean Smart SUPP ACTOR – Tituss Burgess WRITING – Watchmen DIRECTING – Unorthodox

Sorry but your predictions are too white. Not happening, especially if the Emmys aren’t delayed and still happen in September.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

YAY! 🙂 I flopped at my guest acting categories ugh

Me too!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KaRol
    Topics:

probably those opinions have been already stated but there are some:
    1) bad or so-so nominations (lead actors from Black-ish, Zendaya, Martin Short, Octavia Spencer),
    2) nice surprises (Mandalorian, 3 supporting actors respectively from Succession & Watchmen, William Jackson Harper),
    3) unforgivable snubs (lead actresses from Unbelievable, Russell Crowe, Janet McTeer, Tom Pelphrey, Josh O’Connor, Jane Lapotaire, Charles Dance, Joe Mantello, Sarah Paulson).
    #BlackLivesMatter undoubtely had big effect on this year’s nominations process.
    my score is 68%. not great, but not bad for a first-timer;)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.