Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Nominations: Movie/Limited Reactions

Emmys 2020 Nominations: Movie/Limited Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 500 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

The problem with Titus winning is that even though he won’t vote split, his movie has lost pretty much all passion and if he were ever gonna win, it would’ve been awhile ago.

I’m fairly shocked Tituss or the film were even remembered. Voters didn’t have to do either, yet they did, especially after his glaring snub in a supposedly more competitive field last year. It could have easily been 2 “Hollywood” guys and 4 “Watchmen” guys, or evenly split with 3 each. Here, he’s the apple in a sea of oranges. It’s the classic scenario for a vote split, and thankfully, he’s more than worthy of the Emmy win and criminally overdue.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

He shouldn’t have won over Alec Baldwin or Steve Carell LMAO. I hope they don’t give Steve Carell his overdue Emmy for his most mediocre piece of work this year.

Mediocre is a kind word to use

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Here is Gloria Steinem’s op-ed piece in the LA Times about “Mrs. America”‘s factual inaccuracies:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2020-07-30/steinem-and-smeal-why-mrs-america-is-bad-for-american-women?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

U in danger, Cate.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The narrative for Regina is just going to be too big. Watchmen is a giant, which she carries on her shoulders for the most part. And although I wasn’t on the bandwagon at the beginning, she really brought it home in those final two episodes.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

The tea is Blanchett might not even be 2nd. Shira Haas has a very sympathetic and baity performance with Unorthodox overperforming.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The narrative for Regina is just going to be too big. Watchmen is a giant, which she carries on her shoulders for the most part. And although I wasn’t on the bandwagon at the beginning, she really brought it home in those final two episodes.

It also would look bad if Smart and/or Irons were the only winners for Watchmen.

I do think Blanchett can cause an upset (I am waiting to see who wins at TCA because that kind of indicated who would win here last year) but right now if anyone from Mrs. America wins I actually think it’s Uzo Aduba. I think she is ahead of Martindale by a wide margin and the only way she loses is if Ullman and her split with each other (which is a very real possibility).

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I knew you would eventually come round once you’d seen the whole thing!

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

I definitely agree about King’s chances, and while she’s stellar on the show, I wouldn’t say she carries it on her shoulders, as Johnson, Smart, Nelson, Adepo, Abdul-Mateen II, Irons, and Chau all either lead or co-lead an episode. Looking back on the show, she’s clearly the main character, but it was more of an ensemble piece than I originally thought of it as.

The tea is Blanchett might not even be 2nd. Shira Haas has a very sympathetic and baity performance with Unorthodox overperforming.

I’m also wondering if we can see a Haas upset. I have her third, but people really love her work, and given her two top competitors and actresses who already have quite a few awards, she could have a strong underdog narrative. I’m planning to check out Unorthodox soon, so maybe watching her work will give me a better idea of her odds.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I definitely think Haas can upset. But then again, Watchmen winning without Regina just feels wrong. The show is nothing without Angela/Sister Night.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

This line reading alone is just an absolute chef’s kiss

HeyBaby1

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

This line reading alone is just an absolute chef’s kiss HeyBaby1

There’s something about her eyes..

She’s so charismatic even with half her face covered. This scene gave me chills too

Profile picture
    Mladen
    Topics:

Between Steinem’s article and the sheer number of nominations Watchmen got, I think it is rather unlikely for Blanchett to win this. This was a low blow for “Mrs America”, to get this much negative press only couple of days after getting nominated. Steinem’s timing is telling and I see it as a final nail in the coffin.

Amazingly, Phyllis Schlaffley Eagles Forum accused “Mrs America” of factual inconsistencies, only they claim “Mrs America” represented the 1970s feminists in far more positive light.

I do believe Blanchett deserved this. The last scene alone is acting gold, not to mention countless other moments. I would have chosen Watchmen over Mrs America and Blanchett over King, but now… Mrs America is dead.

Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

Blanchett might even be 4th.

That is where I have had her since nominations.  I stand by it.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Nominations: Movie/Limited Reactions’ is closed to new replies.