Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 507 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

I hate the rules of the Emmys. Although Watchmen will “likely” only have 1 season, it really should compete in the Drama categories.

What’s really annoying is that HBO keep changing the classification of the show based on where they have a better chance to win. At the DGA, PGA and WGA the preferred to send it as Drama since they didnt want it to go head to head with Chernobyl. Now that they don’t want it against Succession it’s suddenly a limited series. Category fraud at it’s finest

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Look I see you reasoning but if that explanation is a mighty stretch so..

The closest show to even have a mere mention to that comparison is peaky blinders.

Killing Eve is massive over in the UK. I know people of all different generations who love the show. I’ve never heard a Brit say a bad word about the show

FYC 2020 EMMYS

COMEDY- SCHITTS CREEK in all categories, Maya Rudolph, Eddie Murphy

DRAMA- Killing Eve in all categories, HBC, Cicely Tyson, The Crown in directing

LIMITED- UNBELIEVABLE, Normal People in writing and directing, Toni Collette, Tituss Burgess

FYC OSCARS- Amy Adams

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

Killing Eve is massive over in the UK. I know people of all different generations who love the show. I’ve never heard a Brit say a bad word about the show

Just because you’ve never heard it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. I’m British and I found season 3 mostly bad bar performances and a few other aspects. It is definitely not as major over here as is being made out right now. It’s a hit. Not a mega hit.

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Brits raved the first series, but it’s significantly more muted now. Thrones was event television with a fan show airing here in the UK after each episode.

Killing Eve is liked but is nowhere near Thrones level. I have heard a few people say they weren’t massive fans of S3 (similarly to views I’ve seen on here).

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

Zandaya will actually be a pretty inspired choice for a win in Best Actress.
    Iv’e been saying since last summer she is brilliant and her portrayals of Anxiety and Mental Illness are sometimes too accurate for their own good and make an uncomfortable watch to any viewer that experienced such.

She is an amazing actress, I just never thought the Emmys would actually nominate her

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Jones win Guest Actress then I think Succession is going to win Supporting Actress and Lead Actor as well like The Handmaid’s Tale season 1 won Guest, Supporting and Lead Actress. The question is will Jones split with Walter and will Strong split with Cox?

As for Supporting Actor I think it just depends on vote splitting. I have a feeling Macfadyen is going to split with Culkin and then again people are stupid enough to vote for Duplass over Crudup.

Could Billy Porter or Sterling K Brown benefit in Lead Actor? I don’t see how they don’t award at least one person of colour in any of the main four acting categories and I don’t see them giving it to Samira Wiley or Thandie Newton and Lead Actress and Supporting Actor are messes to predict.

I mean imagine how bad it will look if Carrell wins?

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

then again people are stupid enough to vote for Duplass over Crudup.

That’s very rude. Personally, I almost preferred Duplass over Crudup. Both were great, but Duplass had far more to do and didn’t do the same line reading all season long.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That’s very rude. Personally, I almost preferred Duplass over Crudup. Both were great, but Duplass had far more to do and didn’t do the same line reading all season long.

I guess I misspoke.

Sorry!

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Either one of them winning would be such a MOMENT.

Wendy

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Sandra Oh will win when people least expect it, so I’m almost close to predicting her.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

The male Succession actors dominating the lead and supporting categories suggests possible vote-splitting, but in that scenario there isn’t a likely contender to emerge. Who benefits?

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

Imagine Pelphrey seeing the Academy literally name checking Ozark in every single possible category several times but still miss out on his nomination.
    This is truly a travesty

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

The male Succession actors dominating the lead and supporting categories suggests possible vote-splitting, but in that scenario there isn’t a likely contender to emerge. Who benefits?

Lead – Bateman is the likely benefactor

Supporting – Bradley Whitford? I’m basing that on Crudup & Duplass also splitting votes?

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The male Succession actors dominating the lead and supporting categories suggests possible vote-splitting, but in that scenario there isn’t a likely contender to emerge. Who benefits?

I find it difficult to believe it is Steve Carell. I think either Bateman (who has won at SAG for this role), Porter (whose show could very well have just missed out on a Drama Series nomination this year) or even Brown (who from what I’ve heard could have won like Margulies did under the tape system).

That being said I think Macfadyen is far ahead of Braun and isn’t that close to Culkin. However if Macfadyen and Culkin split then I think either Crudup wins (unless he also splits) or Wright, Whitford or Esposito wins (I think it would be weird if Whitford did but anyway).

There are no scenarios where Mark Duplass or Nicholas Braun and if the latter does it will be a joke.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.