Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 497 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Oh my god I can’t believe I forgot about its Drama Series snub. And I’m predicting it to win two acting categories….which just does not add up. I have no idea what to do in Lead Actress now. Can it be Jodie Comer repeating? Killing Eve has lost virtually no support so why not?

Jodie winning over Sandra again is just not happening this year. Imagine the look of it after all the news that has come out about Killing Eve’s BTS mess. I think Laura and Jen are comfortably in the first two spots.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Paddington
    Topics:

Before yesterday, I was thinking either Cox or Strong are winning and in an event of vote-splitting, I was wishfully hoping for Odenkirk, since Porter already won, Brown is done here and I don’t see Bateman ever winning. But now, with Odenkirk snubbed, I’m not sure who benefits if we indeed get vote-splitting between the Succession actors.

I don’t think Strong is much of a threat tbh. If voters *indeed* watched Succession or atleast the infamous Boar on the Floor scene, I think this is Cox’s Emmy to lose. They are not really fan of subtle and subdued performances, right? Same reason why Comer prevailed in a showier role, when all stars are  pointing for an Oh win. But  idk anything can happen.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’m not predicting him to win, but I’m assuming we’re also just going to ignore the fact that Jason Bateman literally just pulled of what Ann Dowd did in 2017, right? He’s nominated for a drama series nominee (Ozark) and is a show’s sole nomination in guest (The Outsider). We falsely equated Fiona Shaw’s dual noms to Dowd’s last year, not factoring in that both Killing Eve and Fleabag were drama series nominees that had a handful of other nominations.

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

Brian Cox all the way. They watched Succession. They know exactly which performance stands out between the two.

Like they did with Killing Eve and This Is Us.

Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

What in the actual fuck happened with Better Call Saul? Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks missing out is astonishing. I really wanted Rhea Seehorn to get in this year but she’s had monstrous luck with the Academy so it’s not as surprising.

If someone could explain the Odenkirk and Banks snubs I’d appreciate it. I thought Odenkirk was competitive for the win.

I like Giancarlo Esposito but he didn’t deserve the nomination over Banks.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Honestly, if I were an Emmy voter, I’d vote for Billy Porter. He was even better in S2 than he was in S1, which is saying a lot. I couldn’t decide between the Succession men; I was team Brian until episode 7, but then Jeremy took over.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I still think Laura Linney is taking actress, and she’ll be joined by repeat winner Julia Garner. Garner now has no one in her way. The Pelphrey and McTeer snubs really, really hurt, but I still think the show has support from actors.

No one in her way apart from an acclaimed, borderline-lead performance in a show that just received 9 acting nominations. And it remains to be seen whether voters gravitate towards one Succession performer (as they did with Dinklage) or they go with multiple.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

No one in her way apart from an acclaimed, borderline-lead performance in a show that just received 9 acting nominations. And it remains to be seen whether voters gravitate towards one Succession performer (as they did with Dinklage) or they go with multiple.

Oh sorry, I meant no co-star of hers is in her way!

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I’d vote for Cox over Strong without hesitation

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am also lowkey hoping for Lesli Linka Glatter to benefit from vote-splitting and stage an upset in directing, finally winning for her amazing work on Homeland.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

It’s just filler, when it comes to acting, and Series even. Banks failing to win for his first (BCS) season and Odenkirk failing to get SAG nods lately should’ve been the giveaway that they don’t care about these two and they’re never winning, let alone returning. It’s sad ’cause there’s one last chance left.

Banks’s loss for the first season still stings.

I didn’t realise Odenkirk wasn’t nominated for SAG this year.

Thanks for the response.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Oh sorry, I meant no co-star of hers is in her way!

Sorry! I guess my response would just be that Succession significantly overperformed with actors while Ozark significantly underperformed.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Emil Petrov
    Topics:

YES! Stranger Things got in! YES!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.