Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 497 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just a reminder with Killing Eve that whilst it has kept up with its below the line nominations and its Series and three acting nominations that we keep forgetting that it literally got snubbed from writing after two consecutive nominations. That either means that it was deliberately snubbed due to the all white writersroom controversy or that Killing Eve s3 could be like Westworld s2 and that the acting branch didn’t catch up on it so voted for it based on previous goodwill whilst the writers did catch up and went meh.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

Zendaya yes, Oh is last let’s not lie now.

I doubt Sandra Oh is last in this context in which voters are obviously  learning to appreciate and reward performances from POC artists a lot more. Not saying she’s winning but she’s not last either.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Just a reminder with Killing Eve that whilst it has kept up with its below the line nominations and its Series and three acting nominations that we keep forgetting that it literally got snubbed from writing after two consecutive nominations. That either means that it was deliberately snubbed due to the all white writersroom controversy or that Killing Eve s3 could be like Westworld s2 and that the acting branch didn’t catch up on it so voted for it based on previous goodwill whilst the writers did catch up and went meh.

I think the only reason it missed writing and directing was because it submitted 3 episodes in each. If they stuck with 1, i think they would have definitely gotten in

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

My initial predictions:

Drama Series: “Succession” (RU: “Ozark”)
    Drama Actor: Brian Cox (RU: Jeremy Strong)
    Drama Actress: Jennifer Aniston (RU: Laura Linney)
    Drama Supporting Actor: Kieran Culkin (RU: Billy Crudup)
    Drama Supporting Actress: Julia Garner (RU: Helena Bonham Carter)
    Drama Guest Actor: Giancarlo Esposito (RU: Andrew Scott)
    Drama Guest Actress: Phylicia Rashad (RU: Cherry Jones)
    Drama Directing: “Fire Pink” (RU: “This Is Not For Tears”)
    Drama Writing: “This Is Not For Tears” (RU: “Fire Pink”)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Jodie Comer is last and there’s no question about it.

I think Directing is between Succession and The Crown. Whilst The Crown underperformed in acting and was the fourth nominated show in terms of nomination numbers I think we’re forgetting that it won in 2018 in a just as competitive field and that The Crown still has the same number of nominations it got last year and that it got both Cri de Coeur and Aberfan in. Ozark’s win last year seems to me to be due to the weak field and vote splitting but it could surprise again. However I think due to how acclaimed both episodes of Succession and Ozark and the fact Aberfan is considered a standout episode of The Crown that The Crown has this in the bag.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think the only reason it missed writing and directing was because it submitted 3 episodes in each. If they stuck with 1, i think they would have definitely gotten in

I highly doubt they missed for that reason when Ozark got all three of their Writing submissions in this year going from snub after snub to category domination.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

First Predictions Ranking

Drama Series:
    1. Succession
    2. Ozark
    3. The Crown
    4. Killing Eve
    5. The Mandalorian
    6. Stranger Things
    7. Better Call Saul
    8. The Handmaids Tale

Drama Actress:
    1. Jennifer Aniston
    2. Laura Linney
    3. Sandra Oh
    4. Zendaya
    5. Olivia Colman
    6. Jodie Comer

Drama Actor:
    1. Billy Porter
    2. Brian Cox
    3. Jeremy Strong
    4. Steve Carell
    5. Jasón Bateman
    6. Sterling K Brown

Drama Supporting Actress:
    1. Fiona Shaw
    2. Helena Bonham Carter
    3. Sarah Snook
    4. Julia Garner
    5. Laura Dern
    6. Meryl Streep
    7. Thandie Newton
    8. Samira Wiley

Drama Supporting Actor:
    1. Billy Crudup
    2. Giancarlo Esposito
    3. Bradley Whitford
    4. Matthew Macfadyen
    5. Kieran Culkin
    6. Jeffrey Wright
    7. Mark Duplass
    8. Nicholas Braun

Drama Guest Actress:
    1. Alexis Bledel
    2. Cherry Jones
    3. Cicely Tyson
    4. Phylicia Rashad
    5. Laverne Cox
    6. Harriet Walter

Drama Guest Actor:
    1. Andrew Scott
    2. Giancarlo Esposito
    3. Martin Short
    4. Jasón Bateman
    5. Ron Cephas Jones
    6. James Cromwell

Drama Writing:
    1. Succession
    2. The Crown
    3. Better Call Saul Bagman
    4. Ozark Fire Pink
    5. Better Call Saul Bad Choice Road
    6. Ozark
    7. Ozark

Drama Directing:
    1. The Crown Aberfan
    2. Succession This is Not for Tears
    3. Ozark Fire Pink
    4. Homeland
    5. Succession Hunting
    6. The Crown Cri de Coeur
    7. The Morning Show
    8. Ozark Es Mi Casa

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am going to predict Homeland to win directing for Linka Glatter with all this vote-splitting going on – and because I don’t want to be boring.

Ozark shouldn’t be underestimated though. I think we can put to bed the belief that it only won because Bateman’s name was on the ballot, seeing that he was snubbed for a phenomenal episode of “The Outsider” while Ozark went on to get not one but two nominations without him.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Killing Eve s3 could be like Westworld s2 and that the acting branch didn’t catch up on it so voted for it based on previous goodwill whilst the writers did catch up and went meh.

Can we please stop with this. When Killing Eve got those nominations for s2 y’all were saying it’s because of leftovers love from s1 and PWB because they couldn’t possibly like s2 that much, and now that s3 has basically the same amount of noms it’s thanks to s2? So when Jodie and Sandra return for s4 you will say it’s leftovers love for s3, that you currently consider so bad that they are only in thanks to s2? It’s absolute nonsense. Voters are watching and loving this show. It’s time this forum accepts it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

LMAO Olivia Colman is not last. She might not win but she’s definitely not last.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Can we please stop with this. When Killing Eve got those nominations for s2 y’all were saying it’s because of leftovers love from s1 and PWB because they couldn’t possibly like s2 that much, and now that s3 has basically the same amount of noms it’s thanks to s2? So when Jodie and Sandra return for s4 you will say it’s leftovers love for s3, that you currently consider so bad that they are only in thanks to s2? It’s absolute nonsense. Voters watching and loving this show. It’s time this forum accepts it.

🥳🥳🥳

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

To be honest I still find it laughable that people think Succession is third at best in some of its acting categories and that it’s going to lose awards to Killing Eve, This is Us or The Handmaid’s Tale when it literally got the highest number of acting nominations this year and those shows either went down in nominations or didn’t improve from last time.

I so regret taking Harriet Walter out!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Succession can absolutely be third in some acting categories. Just because it got 9 noms doesn’t mean it’s winning each and every one of the 5 acting categories it’s nominated in.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

Can we please stop with this. When Killing Eve got those nominations for s2 y’all were saying it’s because of leftovers love from s1 and PWB because they couldn’t possibly like s2 that much, and now that s3 has basically the same amount of noms it’s thanks to s2? So when Jodie and Sandra return for s4 you will say it’s leftovers love for s3, that you currently consider so bad that they are only in thanks to s2? It’s absolute nonsense. Voters are watching and loving this show. It’s time this forum accepts it.

I also think they genuinely like the show.This visceral hate for it seems to be exclusive to this forum and it’s a shame considering that it’s one of the few shows with two female leads who are playing queer characters. Sure season 3’s writing was disappointing compared to the first two but most people still enjoyed it and are curious about what happens next.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Nominations (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.